Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Doing a little far fetched daydreaming. Let's say the Yotes trade Ribs, giving him the "it's not you, it's us" excuse. Because of his NMC he probably would only go to a contender, and that contender would need a C.

I see two options. Chicago and St. Louis.

Ribs would excel in Chicago and I wonder if we could land Saad for him. Chicago could use futures so we could package Ribs and our 2nd for Saad.

St. Louis, if they let Ott walk could use a 2nd C, which would allow them to move Roy down a line. Maybe we could draw Berglund back. Add a pick if needed.

Sign Ott

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbrata
Saad/Berglund - Vermette - Boeds
Korpi - Ott - Doan
NEW - 4th - Line

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'd move OEL up one category.
Nope! Hell the way this team has played most of the season and especially down the stretch it was hard even calling Doan untouchable (and I'm huge Doan homer!!) but I did only because I recognize his extraordinary commitment to this franchise, particularly when it was down and out. As I said, he's a made man and has that status because of a huge body of work on and off the ice, in my opinion no other player on this team is worthy of such a distinction and that most definitely includes the do no wrong golden child OEL.

Same with McMillan and Summers. Maybe Stone. Schlemko and Morris I'd move down one category.
After a lack luster season like this (it's still not over but...yeah) I don't think players should feel safe. Few people have played so well they should feel comfortable with their positions here and as a result I was pretty picky about who should be in the upper categories. As for McMillan and Summers, I think the sample size is too small. I can definitely see McMillan pulling a Klinkhammer next season.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Doing a little far fetched daydreaming. Let's say the Yotes trade Ribs, giving him the "it's not you, it's us" excuse. Because of his NMC he probably would only go to a contender, and that contender would need a C.

I see two options. Chicago and St. Louis.

Ribs would excel in Chicago and I wonder if we could land Saad for him. Chicago could use futures so we could package Ribs and our 2nd for Saad.

St. Louis, if they let Ott walk could use a 2nd C, which would allow them to move Roy down a line. Maybe we could draw Berglund back. Add a pick if needed.

Sign Ott

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbrata
Saad/Berglund - Vermette - Boeds
Korpi - Ott - Doan
NEW - 4th - Line

Chicago, I don't think they can afford Rib's salary over that many years given their salary structure already. So there would have to be something else involved in the deal, likely some dead weight coming back to us. Not the most ideal situation.

For StL, since Berglund is an RFA, I can see them looking to move him. If they don't sign Miller, and lose out on Stastny, then Rib would be a option for them. We would probably have to add something substantial in order for them to take on the salary and term.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Is McMillan still doing good for you guys? Know he had a little hot streak there.

McMillan is picking pretty up much where he left off from his time in Anaheim. Not as worried as some that he'll be a one-hit "call-up wonder" because of said performance with the Ducks, but hopefully Maloney rebuilds the 4th line around him in order to maintain and enhance his effectiveness next season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nope! Hell the way this team has played most of the season and especially down the stretch it was hard even calling Doan untouchable (and I'm huge Doan homer!!) but I did only because I recognize his extraordinary commitment to this franchise, particularly when it was down and out. As I said, he's a made man and has that status because of a huge body of work on and off the ice, in my opinion no other player on this team is worthy of such a distinction and that most definitely includes the do no wrong golden child OEL.

After a lack luster season like this (it's still not over but...yeah) I don't think players should feel safe. Few people have played so well they should feel comfortable with their positions here and as a result I was pretty picky about who should be in the upper categories. As for McMillan and Summers, I think the sample size is too small. I can definitely see McMillan pulling a Klinkhammer next season.

As far as I'm concerned everyone if available. If TGO can be traded, anyone can. We have been a bubble team for three years, and now with a new owner I think you will see plenty of movement this offseason.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
If everyone on the team showed his level of hustle we'd have a playoff spot by now.

Ok cool thanks for the update guys. The only reason why I think he was sent down in Anaheim was cuz of the horrible 11-12 season and they tried changing the lineup a bunch and then BB came and created depth with the guys we already had up there and he got stuck down there.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
McMillan is picking pretty up much where he left off from his time in Anaheim. Not as worried as some that he'll be a one-hit "call-up wonder" because of said performance with the Ducks, but hopefully Maloney rebuilds the 4th line around him in order to maintain and enhance his effectiveness next season.

Said the same exact thing about Klinkhammer last year. Once McMillian gets some job security, he wont give as much effort.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As I said, he's a made man and has that status because of a huge body of work on and off the ice, in my opinion no other player on this team is worthy of such a distinction and that most definitely includes the do no wrong golden child OEL.

The 'golden child' is a 22 year old franchise caliber D that is underpaid, signed, and part of what little heart this team has. They don't grow on trees and they aren't common in the draft.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Klinkhammer doesn't PK, so if he's not scoring goals or hitting, he's entirely useless. McMillan has the actual ability to kill penalties, and that alone makes him more valuable than Klinkhammer.

Also McMillan is a few years younger and played a very similar style of game in Anaheim, so I feel he's much less likely to fall off a cliff.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm pissed after a team no-show and the latest in a number of losses in must win games. We controlled our own destiny and we gave our spot away.

I'm all-in for a change in the core. Yandle and even always hurt Hanzal could be moved in the right circumstances. I'm not anxious to re-sign the disappears when you need him most Vrbata. Let Morris test UFA or accept an offer closer to $2 million (hopefully lower) if he wishes to end his career in Phoenix.

I expect more than just adding Domi and promoting Lessio. We deserve that as fans.

More size, more speed, more scoring.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Isn't that the truth. When Klink stopped hitting he became invisible.

90 games in Anaheim vs. 16 games in Chicago and Ottawa before coming here. McMillan was certainly noticeable enough whenever I saw him play against us. Plus McMillan is younger and despite being smaller, plays pretty damn big. Pretty significant differences between him and Klinkhammer.

Yes, I'm not going to absolutely discount the possibility that McMillan regresses. But one way to help head that off is to get him some similar linemates this off-season, e.g. Vitale and/or Brown.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Said the same exact thing about Klinkhammer last year. Once McMillian gets some job security, he wont give as much effort.

McMillan is actually is a good defensive winger who PKs, so that alone gives him a lot more value than Klinkhammer. Coupled with the fact that he plays *a lot* bigger than he is, while Klinkhammer does not assert his size.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm pissed after a team no-show and the latest in a number of losses in must win games. We controlled our own destiny and we gave our spot away.

I'm all-in for a change in the core. Yandle and even always hurt Hanzal could be moved in the right circumstances. I'm not anxious to re-sign the disappears when you need him most Vrbata. Let Morris test UFA or accept an offer closer to $2 million (hopefully lower) if he wishes to end his career in Phoenix.

I expect more than just adding Domi and promoting Lessio. We deserve that as fans.

More size, more speed, more scoring.

I'm with you brother!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The 'golden child' is a 22 year old franchise caliber D that is underpaid, signed, and part of what little heart this team has. They don't grow on trees and they aren't common in the draft.
Next you're going to tell me water is wet and the sun will rise tomorrow. haha Seriously though, everyone already knows that. It doesn't make him untouchable though, it'd take a ridiculous offer that will almost certainly never happen but he's not untouchable.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Dallas took a chance on a young and immature Seguin and it paid off. We need to pry Yakupov off of Edmonton. We need his potential. Put him on the first line, Domi on the second line and suddenly we have balanced scoring.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Dallas took a chance on a young and immature Seguin and it paid off. We need to pry Yakupov off of Edmonton. We need his potential. Put him on the first line, Domi on the second line and suddenly we have balanced scoring.

Would love to see a bold move that brought a young scorer to town. Will never happen with Tippett running the show though.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yakupov tries really hard when he has the puck and in the offensive zone, but he's as lazy as Ribeiro is in the defensive zone. We already have 1 lazy SOB, we don't need anymore.

Evander Kane is a better target than Yakupov and would cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad