Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Klinkhammer and Chipchura are still under contract, so unless they are traded or sent down to the AHL they will be with the club. Moss and Halpern are UFA's, and they better not be back.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Klinkhammer and Chipchura are still under contract, so unless they are traded or sent down to the AHL they will be with the club. Moss and Halpern are UFA's, and they better not be back.

Broken record, but I hope some team gets suckered in by Klink's 11 goals to offer an asset for him. Chipchura I wouldn't mind keeping around just for the center depth, but his ruggedness certainly took a step back this season.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we just waived either of them. Same with Schlemko, whom I forgotten is even on this team, haha.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
After tonight's lack of effort, I'm fine with trading anyone on the team other than Mcmillan and OEL. The rest can go to hell.

The only one I add to that list is Yandle. He may have had a bad game but from my perspective it was not due to a lack of effort, it was ****** luck.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I would not be opposed to trading him for a legit forward, IMO

Agreed. My 'must keep' list is pretty small; OEL, Boedker, Vermette, McMillan. Everyone else just has question marks or flat out sucks.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Why is Vermette a definite? If you're tearing down the whole team, sell him now because his value is high but he is aging.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why is Vermette a definite? If you're tearing down the whole team, sell him now because his value is high but he is aging.

Plays like he gives a ****. That's the price of admission trait from today onward, if I'm running the team. All other qualities are secondary.

At this moment I'd rather have thirteen 25 year old Kelly Buchbergers than our current forward group.

Well maybe nine Kelly Buchbergers, centered by four 23 year old Mike Riccis.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Untouchable:
Doan (made man even though lately he's been less than inspiring...literally)

Offer you can't refuse:
OEL, Yandle, Boedker, Hanzal

Very likely to keep:
Vermette, Z, Smith

Fair game:
Vrbata, Korpi, Ribeiro, Summers, Stone, Morris, Schlemko, Erat, McMillan, Greiss

Time to move on:
Moss, Chipchura, Halpern, Klinkhammer

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
For the free agents I would look to sign Vrbata and McMillan. Letting the other UFAs go frees up 7.4 in cap space that we could use to pursue other talent

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Untouchable:

Offer you can't refuse:

Very likely to keep:
Vermette, Z, Smith

Fair game:
Vrbata, Korpi, Ribeiro, Summers, Stone, Morris, Schlemko, Erat, McMillan, Greiss

Time to move on:

What about Biznasty?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Should we rename this thread "2014-2015 Season Roster" or start a new thread. We have obviously moved on.

rt

May 13, 2004
Untouchable:

Offer you can't refuse:

Very likely to keep:
Vermette, Z, Smith

Fair game:

Time to move on:

I'd move OEL up one category. Same with McMillan and Summers. Maybe Stone. Schlemko and Morris I'd move down one category.

rt

May 13, 2004
Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Lessio-Vermette-Boedker
Doan-Steve Ott-Erat
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Fayne
Gormley-Stone
Summers

Smith

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Lessio-Vermette-Boedker
Doan-Steve Ott-Erat
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Fayne
Gormley-Stone
Summers

Smith

This group had better be 'great' defensively, because you're only going to get 190 goals. The 4th line will only score 5 goals all year between them.

I wouldn't mind going back to true Tippett hockey as long as we win, and the group above would certainly have more compete than the current group

rt

May 13, 2004
So Ribeiro needs a triggerman. What sniper could we get him that also plays with fire, passion, grit, and determination? A guy like that is going to be a prized possession that would cost us tons of assets and cash. So what kind of sniper can we actually afford for Ribeiro? Probably a one dimensional, inconsistent soft one. We've got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of that already.

So what the hell are we going to do?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Lessio-Vermette-Boedker
Doan-Steve Ott-Erat
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Fayne
Gormley-Stone
Summers

Smith

Ott annoys the heck out of me. I don't think that sentiment would change if he was a Coyote.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, of the 11 defensemen listed on Capgeek for the Jets, 4 of them are in their contract year (2 RFAs, 2 UFAs). Primarily bottom-6 players.

Trouba has done well this year, he will probably go for a shade over 30 points this year. The rest of their defense is in a weird position. No one has played in more than 80% of games over the last 2 years combined, except Enstrom and Buff. As I said, Enstrom capped at 51 points 3 or 4 years ago. Since?? 30 points or so.

Bogosian, Stuart, and Clitsome are more shut-down guys. So, that would leave the Jets with Buff, Enstrom, and Trouba as the primary defensemen who score points. By trading Yandle for Buff, the Jets are basically gaining a wholly different player, but a 45-50 point guy in Yandle. If he continues at that pace, Enstrom becomes a trade piece where the Jets could retain salary and ship him out for other pieces in a year or two (at that point, Yandle's contract would be up, and the Jets could trade Toby to open up cap room for re-signing Yandle).

Might be more of a fit b/c I don't think the Jets are overly deep on the blueline.

I would sure like Stuart. His type of play is what we are missing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we can somehow package Korpikoski + Klinkhammer (whom Jets HFers *are* interested in, to the tune of trading a mid-round pick for him) for Buff, we should be able to afford him and fill the remaining roster holes.

Doan (5.05) - Ribeiro (5.5) - Byfuglien (5.75)
Domi (0.925) - Hanzal (3.25) - Vrbata (4.25)
Boedker (2.8) - Vermette (3.75) - Erat (2.25)
McMillan (0.75) - Vitale (1) - Brown (0.75)
Szwarz (0.65)

OEL (4) - Michalek (4)
Yandle (5.5) - Stone (1.2)
Gormley (0.81) - Summers (0.65)
Engelland (0.75)

Smith (6)
Greiss (1.1)

Total: 60.69M

That is not a playoff team. Not a big fan of Byfuglien and his salary, but maybe a change of scenery may do him good. When we played the Jets the last time he looked slow and lazy.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Boedker a maybe? He was one of the bright spots this year.

Agree. I don't think we need to blow up the team. We need to improve where improvement is needed. Boedker had a career year with 19/31/50. He's a keeper and should only get better.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So Ribeiro needs a triggerman. What sniper could we get him that also plays with fire, passion, grit, and determination? A guy like that is going to be a prized possession that would cost us tons of assets and cash. So what kind of sniper can we actually afford for Ribeiro? Probably a one dimensional, inconsistent soft one. We've got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of that already.

So what the hell are we going to do?

That's the $64000.00 dollar question. I think Ribeiro quit on this team and that trickled down to other players. Even last year when we were not very good, the team never quit. This team did.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This group had better be 'great' defensively, because you're only going to get 190 goals. The 4th line will only score 5 goals all year between them.

I wouldn't mind going back to true Tippett hockey as long as we win, and the group above would certainly have more compete than the current group

I don't really effing care if the 4th line doesn't score any goals. At the least, that 4th line would be way harder to play against in both ends. Africanized bees swarming in on the puck on the forecheck, good defense, and a hell of a lot more sandpaper/willingness to stir **** up in general. Any offense from that line would just be icing.

Ott would also certainly add some fire and balls to an otherwise pathetic group. You hate playing against him, but you love him on your team because of what he brings every night. Those are the kind of players we need right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad