Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part III* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 4/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Ryan Graves finished his game with a +2, in Val-d'Or's 4-2 win.

He wasn't on the ice for any goals against.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The Duke finished with 2 points (G+A), but was also on the ice for 3 out of 4 Baie-Comeau goals in the 4-2 loss. Either way, he was the only one with multiple points for Quebec. He's on pace for 118 points over 68 games right now.

Bah. **** happens - and that last one was LATE in the game when Quebec must have been going all out to score. Duchene, McGinn and O'Reilly were all minus-5 tonight in the Rangers-Avs game. :)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
What's the deal with Donnay's +26?

Playing on an outstanding Otters team. He himself is having a very good year, also. But his team being the best in the CHL has something to do with that +26.

Disclaimer: I have not watched a single OHL game this year, just reading game reports.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
In non Duke related news.
From Prospect Park.
The Kootenay Ice find themselves in 5th place in the WHL's Eastern Conference after defeating the Saskatoon Blades 6-3. A huge part of that reason is Mackenzie Skapski who after stopping 28 out of 31 shots fired at him; Skapski has won his last 7 straight starts which is also the number of wins that his Ice team have in their last 10 games. It is a remarkable turnaround for the Ranger's 2013 6th round pick as Skapski struggled for most of the first half of the season.

Skapski is now 18-13-2 with a 2.80 goals against and Save percentage of 0.915 save percentage.

Ryan Graves (NYR 2013 4th) was scoreless but a +2 and had 3 shots as his Val-d'Or Foreurs defeated the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 4-2. The win allowed the Foreurs to move into the 6th spot in the QMJHL standings.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I was kinda disappointed myself. Would've definitely been mad if he had only a single point. Hat trick or bust!

There's to be no non-Duke news in this thread. Go away.

I have not heard Butch's name is a while. How is he doing?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Playing on an outstanding Otters team. He himself is having a very good year, also. But his team being the best in the CHL has something to do with that +26.

Disclaimer: I have not watched a single OHL game this year, just reading game reports.

That makes sense. What role is he playing with them, though?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Ah. Well, it's hard to tell if it's just an age thing or really the player then. He'll be 20 next month. I guess we should expect to see him in Hartford next year.

Eh, If I were the Rangers, I'd send him back for an overage year. He has been better but he still has lots to work on.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Chandler_Duke_Earl.jpg

images

The Zucc of Earl

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Eh, If I were the Rangers, I'd send him back for an overage year. He has been better but he still has lots to work on.

I can't find anywhere that clarifies this. Is a player's "20-year old season" the one in which he turns 20 or the one in which he's 20 when the season begins?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I can't find anywhere that clarifies this. Is a player's "20-year old season" the one in which he turns 20 or the one in which he's 20 when the season begins?

Good question. I thought Donnay was in his first year of draft eligibility last year. Maybe not?

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
This is JTM's 20 year old season, he turns 21 next month. For overage/underage purposes, the cutoff is 12/31. Player born 1/1/94, this is their 19 yr old season even if they're 20 for half the year.

Vidic15*

Duclair has absolutely nothing left to prove in the Q with those monster numbers. Judging from his highlights, defense in the Q is non existent. He needs to take the next step.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Duclair has absolutely nothing left to prove in the Q with those monster numbers. Judging from his highlights, defense in the Q is non existent. He needs to take the next step.

Sadly the only options for him next year are to either stay with Quebec or to make the Rangers out of camp. Definitely think he should be playing in Hartford next year.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

It's either the NHL or back to the Q for him next season. It's not a next step, it's a giant leap. It's the unfortunate circumstance for many players coming out of the CHL, however, it's better to let him play another year there than rush him into the NHL.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Any idea why Duclair dropped to the back end of the 3rd round last year?? I heard little things here and there but no real reason. Also, I rather not rush him, and see if he can duplicate years like this in the q before making the jump.. Rather not rush guys or stunt their growth. But I guess it depends on prospect camps and stuff in summer.

Vidic15*

Well that sucks. I thought he would make the cutoff to go pro. Considering Hartford could be gutted due to a number of players making the jump, Duclair could have helped.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sadly the only options for him next year are to either stay with Quebec or to make the Rangers out of camp. Definitely think he should be playing in Hartford next year.

well some might think he might go back to the QMJHL, but if AV gives him a real chance in preseason and he plays wellresponds, maybe he can make the team out of camp....

i hope this is not a Devante Smith-Pelly situation where he makes the Rangers because too good for the QMJHL, and then the following year goes to the AHL?? Pelly played 49 games as a 19 year old, with 7 goals 13 pts and had a cup of coffee this year but played most of the year in AHL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad