2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Lots of chances, just having trouble putting the puck in the net.

You're joking right?! The guy is a threat to score every game! He's played great defensively and has really good chemistry building with Granlund already, and is a big reason why the PP has been improved this season.

The points will come!

Could just be Heatley dragging that line down I suppose. When Coyle comes back I'd like to see:

Granlund - Coyle - Pominville

mkoivu9*

You're joking right?! The guy is a threat to score every game! He's played great defensively and has really good chemistry building with Granlund already, and is a big reason why the PP has been improved this season.

The points will come!

Don't mind him. Billy is a known troll towards his "own team". Wouldn't be shocked if him and SoH were the same guy.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Wild 1st in faceoff %, 1st in shots allowed, 5th PP%, 6th GA/G, 9th in shots, ...not so great on the PK.

Love the faceoff %. Love this teams puck control, puck possession that I've been craving for years.

Love the first line. Love the 3rd line too.

Love Granlund's new swagger. Really playing well.

Love everything Nino.

Love Bacon.

Love Cookies.

Lastly, roll Harding. He's playing well, albeit not seeing tons of shots.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Don't mind him. Billy is a known troll towards his "own team". Wouldn't be shocked if him and SoH were the same guy.

Wut the .... are you talking about??? Because someone's opinions differs from your's, he must be a troll??

Relax.

Billy Mays Here*

You've got some nerve. Troll? Really? I can be pessimistic, everyone on here knows that, but you're questioning me on whether I'm a Wild fan or not? I go to every home game I can nowadays and I live for this team and hockey in general. I've been nothing but happy with the play of this team so far this season outside of Pommers and Heatley, and to a lesser extent Backstrom. I am honest in what I say on these boards. I say what I believe at the time and don't try and hide it. I try to act respectful on the main boards while you are a massive homer and make us Wild fans look completely ignorant and stupid with your comments on the main boards as well as other team's boards.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Not sure why you say that... he usually has a fair opinion, but can stray pessimistic is all. I just thought his comment that Pominville hasn't played well was a bit off.

Billy Mays Here*

Not sure why you say that... he usually has a fair opinion, but can stray pessimistic is all. I just thought his comment that Pominville hasn't played well was a bit off.

I don't mind if people disagree with my opinion (if I did I wouldn't last long on these boards), and I enjoy discussion, but when someone compares me to one of the posters on here that I hate most. . . . that pisses me right the **** off.

mkoivu9*

You've got some nerve. Troll? Really? I can be pessimistic, everyone on here knows that, but you're questioning me on whether I'm a Wild fan or not? I go to every home game I can nowadays and I live for this team and hockey in general. I've been nothing but happy with the play of this team so far this season outside of Pommers and Heatley, and to a lesser extent Backstrom. I am honest in what I say on these boards. I say what I believe at the time and don't try and hide it. I try to act respectful on the main boards while you are a massive homer and make us Wild fans look completely ignorant and stupid with your comments on the main boards as well as other team's boards.
Careful Bill.

mkoivu9*

I don't mind if people disagree with my opinion (if I did I wouldn't last long on these boards), and I enjoy discussion, but when someone compares me to one of the posters on here that I hate most. . . . that pisses me right the **** off.

I haven't seen a lot of what you write so it was a quick judgement by me I guess. You're fine just tone down the negativity and none of us will have another issue with you.

Billy Mays Here*

Careful Bill.

Ironic coming from the guy who's had a number of posts removed by mods in the past couple days, one of them in which you called another poster a dumb***. You also went on to the Jets' board and insulted them by calling their top six mediocre. And worst of all (well not really, I'm joking on this one but still), you think Lapanta is a great play-by-play guy.

I haven't seen a lot of what you write so it was a quick judgement by me I guess. You're fine just tone down the negativity and none of us will have another issue with you.

I say that Pominville hasn't shown up yet and that's being extremely negative? Either you don't visit this board often or you've already forgotten how negative we get when we go on a losing streak. And I don't see anybody else complaining about me giving my opinion right now. I see disagreement, which is natural and what this board is all about, but I don't see complaining.

Oh, and there's a multi-quote function, as you see me using here, perhaps you should look into using it instead of making two posts in a row only two minutes apart. Well, now I'm just nitpicking I guess but the point still stands.

mkoivu9*

Ironic coming from the guy who's had a number of posts removed by mods in the past couple days, one of them in which you called another poster a dumb***. You also went on to the Jets' board and insulted them by calling their top six mediocre. And worst of all (well not really, I'm joking on this one but still), you think Lapanta is a great play-by-play guy.

I say that Pominville hasn't shown up yet and that's being extremely negative? Either you don't visit this board often or you've already forgotten how negative we get when we go on a losing streak. And I don't see anybody else complaining about me giving my opinion right now. I see disagreement, which is natural and what this board is all about, but I don't see complaining.

Oh, and there's a multi-quote function, as you see me using here, perhaps you should look into using it instead of making two posts in a row only two minutes apart. Well, now I'm just nitpicking I guess but the point still stands.
Oic.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't have an issue with his negativity. Heck, a lot of us have been overly negative (myself included) over the years. We have our moments, and for the most part, nobody has taken it personally. Cripes, we usually end up laughing about it at some point. We've been through a lot of muck with this team over the past decade. And the majority have shared some positive thoughts as well....pretty sure Billy is included in that.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I don't think Pominville has been bad or anything, but I do think he can be a bit better.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the lines when Coyle comes back. They could tinker with the first line at that point as well, but I think Nino has looked fine there. All I know is that one of Granlund, Heatley, Nino and Coyle is going to be on the 3rd line. Right now I think it should be Heatley.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think Heatley needs to really up his game or start sitting in the press box. I don't care if we're paying him $5m this year and his cap hit is $7.5m, he is more of a liability out there than he should be. And we know he can be better. He has shown brief flashes of playing like he cares already this season. If he can make a whole game out of that, then he can keep a roster spot once Coyle comes back. Otherwise he's just disruptive to the 3rd or 4th lines since he can't fill either of those lines roles.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Matt Cooke has 2-2=4 points, includind 2 GWG, in last 2 games. Leads #mnwild with 3-2=5 points, 2 multi-point games, +4 rating. Has 0 PIM.
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/389470827219267584
Nino Niederreiter has 1-2=3 points in 5 games with #mnwild, equaling his total in 64 games over parts of two seasons with NYI (2010-12).
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/389470914989273088
Josh Harding has won both starts this season, 1.07 GAA ranks 6th in #NHL, only even-strength goal allowed was penalty shot coming off bench.
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/389470996778209281

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Heatley = Golden Popcorn Maker:nod:

Come on Yeo, grow a pair. It's not like he'll catch you if he's pissed:D

I agree. As much as I like Heatley, he has to be the odd man out when Coyle comes back. I'm really digging the idea of :

Parise - Koivu - Nino
Coyle - Granlund - Pominville

Both lines exhibit a balance of speed, size, finishers and two-way play. Putting Heatley ANYWHERE is that top 6 downgrades the overall effectiveness of both lines, IMO.

Also, how can Yeo break up the 3rd line with as good as they've been playing?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Think of the wonderful line combinations Yeo could have fun with if Vanek comes on board:

Parise - Koivu - Nino
Coyle - Granlund - Vanek
Cooke - Brodziak - Pominville
Mitchell - Haula - Fontaine

S.E.X.Y.

Package Zucker with a draft pick to upgrade blue line.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Zucker is going to be something special, it is a bad idea to trade him. Young, great skater and goal scorer. He does need more experience, but hes going to be really good.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Think of the wonderful line combinations Yeo could have fun with if Vanek comes on board:

Parise - Koivu - Nino
Coyle - Granlund - Vanek
Cooke - Brodziak - Pominville
Mitchell - Haula - Fontaine

S.E.X.Y.

Package Zucker with a draft pick to upgrade blue line.

I am very aroused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad