2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
key injuries from a couple years ago. yikes.
half the team.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
We don't talk about a couple years ago anymore.

Need to let those memories stay repressed.

ha! they were successfully repressed until i saw an Avs fan (of all people) defending that situation (our historic slide) in a mainboard thread.

Billy Mays Here*

ha! they were successfully repressed until i saw an Avs fan (of all people) defending that situation (our historic slide) in a mainboard thread.

Pretty sure that guy was responding to me too. I believe I mentioned how we were almost a lock to make the playoffs and how did that turn out then he brought up all our injuries.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
If Backstrom can get hot for the next four or five games I think we have a good chance to go .500 between playing STL, PHO, COLx2

Edit: Grandlestrom's absence was felt big time tonight. Hope he comes back soon.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If Backstrom can get hot for the next four or five games I think we have a good chance to go .500 between playing STL, PHO, COLx2

Edit: Grandlestrom's absence was felt big time tonight. Hope he comes back soon.

Yes, that second line doesn't get near as many chances without him. Coyle is a solid player, he just doesn't have the vision and puck skills that Granlund has.

Not to mention we missed Granlund defensively as well, with his slick pick pockets and shot blocking acumen.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, that second line doesn't get near as many chances without him. Coyle is a solid player, he just doesn't have the vision and puck skills that Granlund has.

Not to mention we missed Granlund defensively as well, with his slick pick pockets and shot blocking acumen.

Agree with these.

While Coyle was good tonight, I do think he should play 1 RW or 3C. Grandelholm is better suited to that 2C role, IMO.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Agree with these.

While Coyle was good tonight, I do think he should play 1 RW or 3C. Grandelholm is better suited to that 2C role, IMO.

Agreed. Coyle is not a guy that creates his own points. He's the guy that does the dirty work on the boards/winning puck battles/being strong on the puck that gets lines points if you know what I'm saying.

Granlund is a guy that can turn a seemingly harmless play/rush into a highlight reel goal on a dime. (with his feeds)

Not to mention Granlund is easily our most skilled player without the puck. Moving to get open...being an outlet...regrouping...going with speed through the neutral zone/into the offensive zone.

Coyle can play center, but his game is a lot better suited for wing.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
agreed. Coyle is not a guy that creates his own points. He's the guy that does the dirty work on the boards/winning puck battles/being strong on the puck that gets lines points if you know what i'm saying.

Granlund is a guy that can turn a seemingly harmless play/rush into a highlight reel goal on a dime. (with his feeds)

not to mention granlund is easily our most skilled forward without the puck. Moving to get open...being an outlet...regrouping...going with speed through the neutral zone/into the offensive zone.

Coyle can play center, but his game is a lot better suited for wing.

ftfy.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I believe Josh Harding returned to the Twin Cities this morning from St. Louis #mnwild
i69VyvpPxBbse.gif

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Harding seeing #mnwild docs today. If he's ok, return to STL to back up. If he can't, roster will be in flux to put Kuemper back on
#mnwild can IR Mitchell to add Kuemper. But if Granlund can't play, I believe #mnwild would have to play 7 D again or Rupp can play 1st game

Looks like things will be interesting for the next few days.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You mean like last game? ;)

Yes. We all know Backs is capable of good games when it is demanded of him. What I want to see is if he looks better in "normal" games because so far in those games he has looked like hot garbage.

Basically last night and his game against Chicago are exceptions until proven otherwise.

Hence I'll believes it when I sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille