Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
You're in luck because most people go for 2+ tickets. If you hit the website right at the open and search for a single you will definitely find it, possibly even in the 200s or 400s. The problem is the Rangers now use dynamic pricing for indiividual games. If they have the right market data for the Vancouver game, they will easily be charging double the season ticket holder face

have they been charging twice (or more) than face for individual games?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
have they been charging twice (or more) than face for individual games?

I wasn't really looking for the Rangers last year - but with the Knicks for example, the same seats they sold to me for $45 were being sold at $170 against the Miami Heat. As you can imagine, that's a huge incentive to hold back as many seats as possible for individual sale rather than sell as a season subscription through ticketmaster

They have publicly stated that they are now using the same dynamic pricing model for both the Rangers & Knicks

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I wasn't really looking for the Rangers last year - but with the Knicks for example, the same seats they sold to me for $45 were being sold at $170 against the Miami Heat. As you can imagine, that's a huge incentive to hold back as many seats as possible for individual sale rather than sell as a season subscription through ticketmaster

They have publicly stated that they are now using the same dynamic pricing model for both the Rangers & Knicks

Interesting. That's good to know. How often is their dynamic pricing updated? Is it adjusted daily? Certainly could be helpful in gauging demand and setting our own prices for our tickets.

blue68

Jul 7, 2008
long island
I Have the following games, 2 seats available, pay using Paypal
Section 227
row 10

Thu Oct 31 Buffalo 7:00 PM
Mon Nov 4 Anaheim 7:30 PM
Sun Nov 10 Florida 7:00 PM
Mon Dec 2 Jets 7:00 PM
Tue Dec 10Predators 7:30 PM
Sun Dec 15Flames 7:00 PM
Tue Jan 14 Lightning 7:00 PM
Thu Jan 16 Red Wings 7:00 PM
Thu Jan 23 Blues 7:00 PM
Tue Feb 4 Avalanche 7:00 PM
Thu Feb 6 Oilers 7:00 PM
Sun Mar 9 Red Wings 7:30 PM
Sun Mar 16Sharks 4:00 PM
Mon Mar 24 Coyotes 7:00 PM
Sat Apr 5 Senators 7:00 PM
Tue Apr 8 Hurricanes 7:00 PM

PM or email me at [email protected]

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
There are also some deals to be had on ScoreBig, I guess the "sold out for now" games are the higher demand ones
https://www.scorebig.com/new-york-rangers-tickets
I would be careful with some of these ticket sites. If the deal seems too good to be true I would be careful. A friend of mine got ripped off by one of these sites last year during the playoffs. I am not saying all the sites are not reputable but if you can get the the Vancouver game below face I would be careful.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I would be careful with some of these ticket sites. If the deal seems too good to be true I would be careful. A friend of mine got ripped off by one of these sites last year during the playoffs. I am not saying all the sites are not reputable but if you can get the the Vancouver game below face I would be careful.

Scorebig is legit, they're a backdoor wholesaler for teams who need to unload tickets

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I never heard of score big until now. If that is their function, gordon, not sure why the rangers would be using them. secondly, considering the money people get on stubhub and the exchange for these, I too would be leary of anything under face.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
I have used ScoreBig without problems for some games last season, it is like a priceline for tickets.
Also not sure why the Rangers would be using it, but it seems to work...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I never heard of score big until now. If that is their function, gordon, not sure why the rangers would be using them. secondly, considering the money people get on stubhub and the exchange for these, I too would be leary of anything under face.

I have used ScoreBig without problems for some games last season, it is like a priceline for tickets.
Also not sure why the Rangers would be using it, but it seems to work...

The Rangers would definitely be using them for the lower bowl where many tickets are grossly overpriced, but it wouldn't make too much sense for the cheaper price points. They are exactly like priceline, and teams like the Yankees & Mets have dumped whole sections into it in the past. One guy I know bought Mets tickets and it turns out he couldn't go so he sold them on stubhub (which is integrated with MLB so the teams see all your activity). The next day he got an angry call from his Mets rep telling him he shouldn't be reselling tickets from scorebig, lol (umm WTF!!). Basically teams use it as a way to clear glut without publicly marking down their product. They get tickets from brokers too and probably even individual people.

Teams also use Goldstar and lately even Groupon (desperation)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I got zapped by dynamic pricing when buying tickets for the Michigan Notre Dame game.

Score Big is definitely legit. I've occasionally bought from the site and resold on stubhub (for the United miles more than anything else). Easy when they sell tickets below half face.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I got zapped by dynamic pricing when buying tickets for the Michigan Notre Dame game.

Score Big is definitely legit. I've occasionally bought from the site and resold on stubhub (for the United miles more than anything else). Easy when they sell tickets below half face.

Nice work!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The Rangers would definitely be using them for the lower bowl where many tickets are grossly overpriced, but it wouldn't make too much sense for the cheaper price points. They are exactly like priceline, and teams like the Yankees & Mets have dumped whole sections into it in the past. One guy I know bought Mets tickets and it turns out he couldn't go so he sold them on stubhub (which is integrated with MLB so the teams see all your activity). The next day he got an angry call from his Mets rep telling him he shouldn't be reselling tickets from scorebig, lol (umm WTF!!). Basically teams use it as a way to clear glut without publicly marking down their product. They get tickets from brokers too and probably even individual people.

Teams also use Goldstar and lately even Groupon (desperation)

Haha, makes me want to buy on scorebig and sell them on stubhub just to annoy the mets.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Haha, makes me want to buy on scorebig and sell them on stubhub just to annoy the mets.

Mets stopped dumping tickets a couple seasons ago. The speculators are pretty much gone. The Mets swallowed their pride and accepted that they're not going to sell out so now they just try to get the highest price possible from people who buy tickets to actually attend

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Mets stopped dumping tickets a couple seasons ago. The speculators are pretty much gone. The Mets swallowed their pride and accepted that they're not going to sell out so now they just try to get the highest price possible from people who buy tickets to actually attend

this is pretty much for the sake that people don't start buying for the sake of dumping and their tickets are pretty much worthless. let me see.. actually mets tickets nowadays are worthless any way you put it. :sarcasm:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
this is pretty much for the sake that people don't start buying for the sake of dumping and their tickets are pretty much worthless. let me see.. actually mets tickets nowadays are worthless any way you put it. :sarcasm:

You'd be surprised, Mets still actually have one of the largest fan bases in the country. After the Mets stopped dumping tickets, prices stabilized. Season ticket holders can more or less get back face for all games

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I have had MANY arguments with Mets ticket reps over the years. Since 98, I think I have had mini-plans about 4 or 5 times. They call me about three or four times a year to try to sell me tickets. It turns into an argument about prices. I had a discussion with one guy in January. Told him the tickets were very over-priced and they should use the pricing model the Pirates use since you will play just as many meaningful games after June 1st as them. Well, I was dead wrong on that, but because the Pirates were much better than I expeceted. He said I was being ridiculous and also said, "This is New York." I let him know that is the problem. Because it is NY, you just expect people to pay. Not going to happen. He then had the nerve to tell me they had hired the person who designed the pricing model for the cardinals and giants, so he knows what he is doing. I then said, 1) those 2 teams have won the last 3 World Series, demand is a bit different and 2) you would have been better off hiring the person who designed the ROSTER for those 2 team. Then more back and forth.

Now, they are offering 42% off for the upcoming series against the Tigers and Phils because the Mets pitchers struck out 42 batters this weekend in San Diego. they also had gimmicks for Wright in the home run derby and harvey in the all-star game. It is just dumb. They are hopelessly out of it, it is too little too late. Should have just offered lower prices since the beginning.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You'd be surprised, Mets still actually have one of the largest fan bases in the country. After the Mets stopped dumping tickets, prices stabilized. Season ticket holders can more or less get back face for all games

large fan base, yes. However, find it difficult to believe STH are able to get face for their games. Maybe they can on occassion, but not on a regular basis. Just because they are listed on stubhub for face, doesnt mean they are actually getting bought. Only tickets that are worth anything right now is if Harvey is pitching.

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I have had MANY arguments with Mets ticket reps over the years. Since 98, I think I have had mini-plans about 4 or 5 times. They call me about three or four times a year to try to sell me tickets. It turns into an argument about prices. I had a discussion with one guy in January. Told him the tickets were very over-priced and they should use the pricing model the Pirates use since you will play just as many meaningful games after June 1st as them. Well, I was dead wrong on that, but because the Pirates were much better than I expeceted. He said I was being ridiculous and also said, "This is New York." I let him know that is the problem. Because it is NY, you just expect people to pay. Not going to happen. He then had the nerve to tell me they had hired the person who designed the pricing model for the cardinals and giants, so he knows what he is doing. I then said, 1) those 2 teams have won the last 3 World Series, demand is a bit different and 2) you would have been better off hiring the person who designed the ROSTER for those 2 team. Then more back and forth.

Now, they are offering 42% off for the upcoming series against the Tigers and Phils because the Mets pitchers struck out 42 batters this weekend in San Diego. they also had gimmicks for Wright in the home run derby and harvey in the all-star game. It is just dumb. They are hopelessly out of it, it is too little too late. Should have just offered lower prices since the beginning.

All true, you can definitely find plenty of 2 for 1, kids free, etc... promotions from them. But they do not dump wholesale anymore or sell direct to stubhub. It used to be you could field level for 5-10 bucks, not any more

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
If any season ticket holder that doesn't want to use there outdoor games I would be interested in those.

Have these tickets been sold already?
I did not receive this info during my messy season renewal...

edit: nevermind, my rep replied I should receive an e-mail today/tomorrow about this :)

Last edited:

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
large fan base, yes. However, find it difficult to believe STH are able to get face for their games. Maybe they can on occassion, but not on a regular basis. Just because they are listed on stubhub for face, doesnt mean they are actually getting bought. Only tickets that are worth anything right now is if Harvey is pitching.

I'm based in DC and I can tell you right now that the Nationals are entirely undermining their season ticket holders. There's always deals on tickets (2 for 1, coupon special, student day etc) that tickets are going for cheap on Stubhub. I think you can get any most seats in the lower level on the day of the game for the cheapest allowable price $6.

I'm almost positive STHs take a 75% hit on weekday games. Most don't want to commute to the stadium with the DC traffic. And with their awful performance, I'm surprised people are even keeping their plans for next season.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm based in DC and I can tell you right now that the Nationals are entirely undermining their season ticket holders. There's always deals on tickets (2 for 1, coupon special, student day etc) that tickets are going for cheap on Stubhub. I think you can get any most seats in the lower level on the day of the game for the cheapest allowable price $6.

I'm almost positive STHs take a 75% hit on weekday games. Most don't want to commute to the stadium with the DC traffic. And with their awful performance, I'm surprised people are even keeping their plans for next season.

And realize that on that $6 floor price, $2.00 gets taken off the top as a delivery fee, then $1 is taken off as a buyer fee, then you get hit with a $1.50 "MLB Transfer Fee", and finally they take away a 15% seller fee.

So for that ticket that someone paid $6, as a seller will take home a whopping $1.27. That's essentially a 79% FEE. And that's if they sell at all, because in the race to the bottom everyone pools down to $6 and only the best seats get sold and people eat the rest.

I can tell you right now that MLB season ticket holders at the low end will be fleeing their accounts like lemmings this offseason

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Have these tickets been sold already?
I did not receive this info during my messy season renewal...

edit: nevermind, my rep replied I should receive an e-mail today/tomorrow about this :)

Yeah I read on rangers blog looks like they are packaging both games and giving out a couple cool things with it. Prices seem reasonable, would love to experience an outdoor game if not both and I know some season ticket holders have expressed no interest in the games. Figure I'd ask early :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad