2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

I was wondering if anyone got any update on him? How is he doing? I saw that he has 6 points in 12 GP in the AHL, half of them are goals.

I remember hearing about Shea Weber being a similar player in the juniors, just to progress into an offensive threat later on in his career.

Is he gonna become a 4-6 hardhitting, physical D or do you see a Weber lite, lite version. That is better defensively than your typical creaseclearing "goonish" D, with better offense as well.

Or is he "just" a physical goon type of a D?

Except for his point totals, how has he been this year?

It was pointed out after he was drafted that McIlrath had more points in his draft year than Weber did

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aaron Johnson has been putting up crazy point totals in Hartford, but for my money, McIlrath has been the team's best all-around defenseman. His positioning and gap control are good, his skating is good, he's joining the rush and making good decisions with the puck, and he's learning the nuances of the position with each shift. He's really developing nicely. I was an outspoken critic of his selection; that said, he's our property now, and I'm very, very pleased with how he's coming around.

I absolutely think he's on the Rangers next season, and he should get a look well before this campaign is over.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Aaron Johnson has been putting up crazy point totals in Hartford, but for my money, McIlrath has been the team's best all-around defenseman. His positioning and gap control are good, his skating is good, he's joining the rush and making good decisions with the puck, and he's learning the nuances of the position with each shift. He's really developing nicely. I was an outspoken critic of his selection; that said, he's our property now, and I'm very, very pleased with how he's coming around.

I absolutely think he's on the Rangers next season, and he should get a look well before this campaign is over.

If the Rangers feel the same way then a trade based around a D man is probably on the horizon. I just hope they don't **** it up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Pack released Sam Klassen from his PTO.

Michael Kantor was reassigned to Hartford from Greenville.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Danny Kristo

“Its been going good so far,†Kristo said after practice Tuesday. “The coaches have been pretty good with me and have given the opportunity to play a lot of big-time minutes on the power play and stuff like that. I thought the first couple of weeks, I made some adjustments and I was getting used to things. But right now I’m starting to play better, better defensively and limiting my turnovers.â€

Kristo shined at Traverse City and he has continued to distinguish himself with Hartford. He has quickly learned the AHL is as demanding as any level he’s completed at, whether it’s college or international tournaments.

“You can get away with some stuff in college because guys maybe aren’t as good,†Kristo said. “You can make those one-on-one moves. But in this league, you can’t be turning pucks over.â€

How does he explain the production?

“I think I always had the ability to score and make plays,†Kristo said. “When you play with good players and get the opportunity and you have confidence -- which I have right now and our team has right now -- it obviously helps.â€

http://www.courant.com/sports/hocke...r-hartford-wolf-pack-20131105,0,5526251.story

dccuse

Oct 5, 2006
New York City
From the games I've watched, I think Kristo has an underrated level of grit, too. He is part of the reason that, While I'd love to hold on to him, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we traded miller and the return was Yakupov

Kreider Stepan Nash
Hagelin Richards Yakupov
Kristo Brassard Callahan
Boyle Moore Dorsett

That's a pretty awesome third line.

That leaves Pouliot, Zuccarello and Pyatt out.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
From the games I've watched, I think Kristo has an underrated level of grit, too. He is part of the reason that, While I'd love to hold on to him, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we traded miller and the return was Yakupov

Kreider Stepan Nash
Hagelin Richards Yakupov
Kristo Brassard Callahan
Boyle Moore Dorsett

That's a pretty awesome third line.

That leaves Pouliot, Zuccarello and Pyatt out.

Problem is - Kristo's a RW. I don't think he's ever played the left side, has he? It makes a lot more sense to include Kristo in a potential deal rather than Miller, who can play center and LW (although I like him much better in the middle).

dccuse

Oct 5, 2006
New York City
Problem is - Kristo's a RW. I don't think he's ever played the left side, has he? It makes a lot more sense to include Kristo in a potential deal rather than Miller, who can play center and LW (although I like him much better in the middle).

Agreed on Miller's versatility being valuable and you're right about Kristo being more expendable based on his stock position. I suppose if this were to happen there might be some effort in hartford to try him on the opposite wing, unless yakupov was in fact flexible.

Championship*

I think Kristo is another Callahan type player. Would definitely hold onto him.

Brady Skjei

Aug 12, 2010

I've spoken to a bunch of people about Kristo, one of the guys said he hopes for him to turn into a player like TJ Oshie. I'd be more than happy with that result.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Agreed on Miller's versatility being valuable and you're right about Kristo being more expendable based on his stock position. I suppose if this were to happen there might be some effort in hartford to try him on the opposite wing, unless yakupov was in fact flexible.

I've spoken to a bunch of people about Kristo, one of the guys said he hopes for him to turn into a player like TJ Oshie. I'd be more than happy with that result.

I like Kristo as well. My comment was made a) in the context of a deal for Yakupov and b) in comparing him to JT Miller - if you're dealing for Yakupov, then it makes more sense to send back the RW than the guy who is a natural center and can play all three forward positions.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Can anyone explain to me how exactly Johnson is over PPG in the AHL? Does he have some sort of great offensive talent that only works against 18 year olds? He looked atrocious in preseason

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Whats the deal with Fast's ankle sprain? How long will he be out?

4-6 weeks per Bob Crawford, the Pack's radio guy.

Not too bad considering everything else. It's just a tough time because with Pyatt hurt, Fast could've maybe got a few more games with the big club until D. Moore was ready.

They'll probably just play Mashinter in limited minutes or maybe they call up Hrivik for a cup of coffee. I doubt they give Kristo a crack at this point. Ditto for Lindberg.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Can anyone explain to me how exactly Johnson is over PPG in the AHL? Does he have some sort of great offensive talent that only works against 18 year olds? He looked atrocious in preseason

Well, to start, there are no to very little 18 year olds in the AHL.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

He didn't play top power play minutes in preseason, and the AHL afford players more space and time with the puck. Johnson is a relatively experienced borderline NHL defenseman playing in the AHL and therefore will be doing well. Andrew Hutchinson put up a PPG from the blue line in Hartford in 07-08.

Championship*

Yeah, please don't bring Kristo up to play on the 4th line. Keep him in the A.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, please don't bring Kristo up to play on the 4th line. Keep him in the A.

Bring up Kristo to play on the 3rd line with Brassard, that would be a good decision.

Assuming Pyatt is out, send Miller down:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarelo
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Brassard-Kristo
Pouliot-Moore-Dorsett

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If you bring Kristo up, find he isn't NHL ready and send him down, it runs the risk of crippling the rest of his AHL season.

It wouldn't be the first time that had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot