Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Blues Prospects

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
So Rattie's Memorial Cup game is about to kick off (Portland-Halifax), firstrow doesn't have a stream indicated, any other of the regular sites have a stream listed?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Rattie just scored a highlight reel goal against Halifax. Beautiful toe drag and backhand.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
That was one of the most disgraceful performances by a goaltender I've ever seen by Mac Curruth. He behaved like a punk on top of some of the saddest goaltending you could imagine.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just watched the replay of Rattie's toe drag goal. Very pretty indeed.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
I have to ask, is he all finesse, or does he have a shot as well? I am starting to get images of Perron v2.0 in my head. Great moves that make the highlight film, but wont work often against NHL players.

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
I have to ask, is he all finesse, or does he have a shot as well? I am starting to get images of Perron v2.0 in my head. Great moves that make the highlight film, but wont work often against NHL players.

No, he's not Perron v2.0. He's got a very fast accurate shot, especially the snap/wrist shots that he gets away extremely quick. He finds the open spots on the ice and has a goal scorers touch.

To me, I see many similarities between Rattie and Jordan Eberle. Both about the same size with Rattie just needing to fill out some more, both goal scorers and come up big in clutch situations, both cerebral players that see the ice well, neither are overly fast but are shifty and use that hockey sense to get into prime positions to effect the game offensively, both continue to need work defensively but Rattie gives a solid effort at both ends.

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Rattie 2 goals, 1 assist tonight. As far as I'm concerned Tarasenko, Schwartz, Jaskin, Rattie and Hakanpaa are off the table trade wise.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
It's amazing how much **** Rattie gets over on the Avs board. If he wasn't involved in the EJ trade, I wonder what their opinion of him would be?

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
No, he's not Perron v2.0. He's got a very fast accurate shot, especially the snap/wrist shots that he gets away extremely quick. He finds the open spots on the ice and has a goal scorers touch.

To me, I see many similarities between Rattie and Jordan Eberle. Both about the same size with Rattie just needing to fill out some more, both goal scorers and come up big in clutch situations, both cerebral players that see the ice well, neither are overly fast but are shifty and use that hockey sense to get into prime positions to effect the game offensively, both continue to need work defensively but Rattie gives a solid effort at both ends.

Not trying to get off topic, but are you seriously trying to say Perron can't shoot? Also, Perron was playing in the NHL at 18, Rattie is 20 and is playing in the WHL. People around here really need to temper their expectations about this kid(that includes myself) because you never know where your going to find the next Brett Sonne.

Last edited:

jessejames

Sep 1, 2009
Carberry, MB, Canada
Responding to Mr. French: Perron was not in the NHL at 18 -- he wasn't even drafted until he was 19. As for Rattie, he just turned 20 last month, so he played nearly the entire year as a 19yr old. Besides, he scored just as well when he was 18 -- pretty darn good at 17 also.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not trying to get off topic, but are you seriously trying to say Perron can't shoot? Also, Perron was playing in the NHL at 18, Rattie is 20 and is playing in the WHL. People around here really need to temper their expectations about this kid(that includes myself) because you never know where your going to find the next Brett Sonne.

If the 2013 version of the Blues was anything like the 2007 version, Rattie would have been on the team by now :laugh: We needed excitement, we needed promise, and Perron forced his way onto the team. I think Rattie is at least one season in the AHL away from even sniffing a roster spot because we have such depth on the wings. If he puts on some more muscle this summer, and lights it up in camp, he could make a guy expendable for a mid season trade, but I don't think he'll make the team out of camp.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
JR shed some light on the Wolves situation next year. Per the contract, Blues get a guaranteed minimum of 13 and a maximum of 17 of their own players on the roster each year. Sounds like Armstrong and the Wolves' GM will have a lot more communication on personnel than previously thought.

What probably ends up happening is the new wave of prospects are brought in and the older wave that aren't viewed internally as legit prospects and aren't even big AHL contributors (Shattock, McRae, Ponich, etc) start to exit the organization.

Also appears that Stillman is indeed saving a decent chunk of change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad