Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
s498ix.jpg

What Hunwick thinks.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
mitchell will likely start as the season's number 4C, but i hope malone makes it as the 13th forward over olver.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Wish we could find a way to trade Mitchell to a team wanting a depth 3/4C. Just to open a spot for guys like Malone, Heard, Sgar, etc to get some time.

McLeod-Malone-Bordeleau would be a good 4th line. put in an Olver/Heard/Sgar when playing smaller teams where Bords is less needed.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
If Mitchell can post 15 goals, I don't see why he is so bad for a #4 C option.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Under a much more offensive oriented coaching style. I dont see why it's so out of the realm of possibility that he duplicates last year and maybe pots a couple more.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I think mitchell's a fine option at 4C. He was overused last year in more situations than he should have been. That won't be the case this year.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Under a much more offensive oriented coaching style. I dont see why it's so out of the realm of possibility that he duplicates last year and maybe pots a couple more.

9 of his 10 goals came within the first 26 games.
He scored 1 goal in the remainder of his season, in 21 games.
That's probably why. He was on a hot streak early, also playing in a lot more offensive situations than he'll probably get over the whole upcoming season. Won't be able to repeat this.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

he went on a very big hot streak, took advantage of the downie situation moved up the lines quickly and will play alot less, with our depth until injuries hit there's no chance he averages 16:44 minutes of ice time like he did last year.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
So it isn't possible for him to have a hot streak this year? He was playing well when the team was and he sucked when the team sucked.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Not a fan of Mitchell. Pretty decent shot, but he's a bit of a puck hog and doesn't provide a lot offensively. He's a lot like a tweener to me, in that he's not exactly a skill guy and not exactly the best defensively, but at least he has some size over guys who usually fit that mold.

member 116861

So it isn't possible for him to have a hot streak this year? He was playing well when the team was and he sucked when the team sucked.

He won't get as much ice time as last year and his linemates will be a lot worse than last year as well.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I think what people are saying is that given the players we have, Mitchell is playing on the 4th line, with McLeod and Bordeleau...he scored at a 17G Season last year, there's not really much of a chance that he does that this year.

I would consider it a successful season for him if he were to score between 7-10G while on the 4th line.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I think what people are saying is that given the players we have, Mitchell is playing on the 4th line, with McLeod and Bordeleau...he scored at a 17G Season last year, there's not really much of a chance that he does that this year.

I would consider it a successful season for him if he were to score between 7-10G while on the 4th line.

Pretty much this. As long as he doesn't play in the top 6 he'll be fine. Wouldn't mind him playing 3rd line barring injuries (fingers crossed). Still there are better options in the system for a 4th liner over Mitchell, which is the main issue here. Good chance somebody like Malone takes over for that next season or later into this season. Come to think of it, if we needed a 3rd liner replacement, I'd want to see Colin Smith or even Heard.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

it is possible but the stars would have to align for him, Jones was playing like junk, Hejduk not much better and then got hurt, and downie was injured. Mitchell was getting alot more minutes then he'll even get to sniff this year, he probably won't get a chance to go on a hot streak this year.

i don't mind him as a 4c either as he gets a pretty bad rep here, just because he was overused and in the top 6 at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad