2013-14 WHL Regular Season Thread

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
PA definitely showed that they're legit, huge win over a gritty Red Deer team and an all world tendy in Bartosak. Funny enough, they did so on the back of a 2014 Draft prospect, but it wasn't Draisaitl. Reid Gardiner led the charge with a pair of goals.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Oil Kings plastering the undefeated (5-0-0) P.A. Raiders, 4-0 after one period!

Curtis Lazar baby! He has a pair of goals.

Oct 15, 2008
Nothing from sonsoutgunsout?

Hmmm......

Strange season so far. The Oil Kings are neither as bad as they have shown (Regina game) or as good as theyve shown (PA game). Real strange stuff. Curtis Lazar is going to make a lot of people look pretty stupid. As if they needed any more help with that.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Hmmm......

Strange season so far. The Oil Kings are neither as bad as they have shown (Regina game) or as good as theyve shown (PA game). Real strange stuff. Curtis Lazar is going to make a lot of people look pretty stupid. As if they needed any more help with that.

:laugh::nod:

Sucks that my Rebels started out great going 3-0-0 but now have lost 3 of there last 4. Hopefully just a minor setback.

Hopefully they can re-bound against a Wheat Kings Team. Also Edmonton battles the Blades!

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013

Hmmm......

:( I died inside. I feel like this goes without saying, but those weren't the real Raids. Literally nobody was on their game. All the credit in the world to EDM, they're a real talented team, but that just wasn't the Raiders' best.

Oct 15, 2008
:( I died inside. I feel like this goes without saying, but those weren't the real Raids. Literally nobody was on their game. All the credit in the world to EDM, they're a real talented team, but that just wasn't the Raiders' best.

Just funnin ya. I can relate. Had to sit through the 6-0 drubbing at the hands of the lowly Pats at home. :help:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would really love to know where the Chiefs would be if they didn't have Holmberg.

Still early in the season, but I have been pretty disappointed with Giants and to lesser extent Royals. I thought both teams would make good pushes of experience.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I would really love to know where the Chiefs would be if they didn't have Holmberg.

Still early in the season, but I have been pretty disappointed with Giants and to lesser extent Royals. I thought both teams would make good pushes of experience.

That's not a proper sentence.

As for the Giants, they are very young and don't have much experience, plus they have some injuries right now.

WesternHockeyScout

Apr 29, 2011
As for the Giants, they are very young and don't have much experience

I listened to the game last night and the Giant play-by-play guy kept on beating this drum as well. Not sure why the Giants are being touted as young or inexperienced. They have a combined 11 players 19 and 20 years old, which is the second most vets in the WHL, second only to Seattle - which is another team that keeps getting called young/inexperienced. Regina would be the third team that has 11 or more 19 & 20 year old veterans. Those are the three most experienced, veteran laden clubs in the entire WHL.

Not to mention, Vancouvers vets are amongst the most experienced in the league. Three of them are working on their 5th WHL season and 4 others are playing in their 4th WHL season. All of them are at least into their 3rd season in this league. Not like Regina, where they have a lot of vets who are late to the WHL party. If you added up actual games played, Vancouver might well be the single most experienced team in the league.

WHL Veteran clubs - Most 19 & 20 Year Olds

1.) Seattle - 12
2.) Vancouver - 11
2.) Regina - 11
4.) Edmonton - 10
4.) Calgary -10
4.) Kelowna - 10
4.) Prince Albert - 10
8.) Victoria - 9
8.) Medicine Hat - 9
8.) Red Deer - 9
8.) Kamloops - 9
8.) Tri-City - 9
8.) Spokane - 9
8.) Portland - 9
15.) Moose Jaw - 8
15.) Everett - 8
15.) Brandon - 8
18.) Kootenay - 7
18.) Lethbridge - 7
20.) Prince George - 6
20.) Swift Current - 6
22.) Saskatoon - 5

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's not a proper sentence.

As for the Giants, they are very young and don't have much experience, plus they have some injuries right now.

Pushes of improvement and experience is what I meant to say.

But it seems you're wrong based on the information provided by WHS.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Lethbridge needs a win tonight against Kootenay. Its sad that this can almost be classified as a must win. They need to turn this around soon, or else its going to become yet another disaster year. This team has been an embarrassment with the amount of shots and goals they allow. Need to see some progress.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/article/t-birds-acquire-adam-henry-from-hurricanes

Tbirds make 2 moves today.

** Trade for Adam Henry from the Hurricanes for Griffin Foulk
** Trade Jesse Forsberg to Moose Jaw for 3rd round Bantam pick in 2015.

“Due to the three overage players rule we were forced to make a decision in regards to the four players currently on our roster. It was a difficult decision but we have elected to trade Jesse to Moose Jaw,†said Farwell. “We wish him the best of luck with the Warriorsâ€

“The trade for Henry adds some additional offense from the back end and supports our forward group and developing style of play,†said Farwell. “We wish Griffin the best of luck and think this will be a good opportunity for him.â€

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Pushes of improvement and experience is what I meant to say.

But it seems you're wrong based on the information provided by WHS.

Still need to work on the English, we never say pushes of improvement, so I'm not quite sure what you are saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad