Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals - Part II

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Reto Berra [allegedly] to Colorado from Calgary for ?.

I love this time of the trade deadline...people being reported as traded for "something"

Legwand to the Red Wings.

From TSN
12955339835_b927067f36_z.jpg

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
They're rentals. We don't do rentals. We didn't want to do Callahan.

And while Vanek is one hell of an appetizing piece in an off-season discussion, it seems like a general consensus that he'll land in Minnesota.

Glad there's only one more head-to-head with Montreal, at least. That dude slaughters the Bolts like only Nathan Horton can match.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Garth Snow had to have been playing Russian Roulette as the deadline approached and whomever he was on the phone with at the time he would call into the head office and tell them he had something going. Montreal won.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
We're done here. Guess we aren't shoring up the D. Sigh. Hopefully Callahan helps us out there.

Y must not have found anything he liked. Market for a long-term D solution will almost definitely be better in the offseason, especially with the war chest of picks we have now. Would rather get a long-term solution in the offseason than an expensive band-aid this season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Not a lot of defensemen were traded this TDL (Rundblad, Meszaros, McNabb, Klesla, Diaz, N. Schultz, Weaver). Instead it was a lot of forwards and goalies. So yeah maybe Yzerman couldn't find anything he liked.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Well this day was hard to take. The team did little to improve for any playoff run, which we were in desperate need of D. I really thought Yzerman would address the D somehow, especially after the way the Lightning got manhandled on this road trip.

Really seems that the only way Tampa is going to make the playoffs is if Bishop goes into true god-like mode, or the team somehow rallies around the St Louis abandonment and plays above its means.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Well this day was hard to take. The team did little to improve for any playoff run, which we were in desperate need of D. I really thought Yzerman would address the D somehow, especially after the way the Lightning got manhandled on this road trip.

Really seems that the only way Tampa is going to make the playoffs is if Bishop goes into true god-like mode, or the team somehow rallies around the St Louis abandonment and plays above its means.

Team has been playing above their depth all year. I didn't expect us to be even this good, so this is all gravy as far as I'm concerned. Got to see the youth in the big leagues and so far they're impressive. Got to see our goalie become a realistic hart/vezina candidate. All this without 40+ goals from Stamkos.

D will be easier to find in the offseason and we'll get to see where we're at with Sustr(healed) and Koekkoek then.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Like Coop said the biggest move we did today was adding a 60 goal scorer. Callahan adds toughness pk and leadership. That will be huge in a playoff run. D prices must have been ridiculous. Im sure SFY tried to land Edler but his price must have been steep. Not too many teams improved anyway so I think we managed to be one of the winners today adding Stammer and Callahan.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Team has been playing above their depth all year. I didn't expect us to be even this good, so this is all gravy as far as I'm concerned. Got to see the youth in the big leagues and so far they're impressive. Got to see our goalie become a realistic hart/vezina candidate. All this without 40+ goals from Stamkos.

D will be easier to find in the offseason and we'll get to see where we're at with Sustr(healed) and Koekkoek then.

I think making the playoffs is still within reach. At this point, that's my only real goal for this group. After the offseason I think we can take the temperature again and see where expectations are. Hopefully that extra year of Q seasoning has kept Drouin sharp.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I think making the playoffs is still within reach. At this point, that's my only real goal for this group. After the offseason I think we can take the temperature again and see where expectations are. Hopefully that extra year of Q seasoning has kept Drouin sharp.

Sharp isn't the word. Kid is from Krypton and his name should be Kal-El in that league. Man amongst boys. 24 points in last 9 games.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I put off renewing my season tickets until after the TD as I wanted to know what the team would look like on March 6th. If we had got a top 4 D today I would definitely renewed, now it is a matter of opening the Smirnoff Blue Label and weighting the Pros and Cons. Trouble is I probably wont remember what I decided and have to do it again tomorrow.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Let's see how our closest divisional rivals did:

Boston (10 pts ahead): added D Meszaros
Montreal (2 pts ahead): added F Vanek, D Weaver, G Dubnyk
Toronto (1 pt behind): did nothing
Detroit (5 pts behind): added F Legwand
Ottawa (8 pts behind): added F Hemsky, D Mullen; lost F Conacher on waivers

So except for Toronto everybody got stronger (by acquiring roster players for mostly picks and prospects).

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa

So except for Toronto everybody got stronger (by acquiring roster players for mostly picks and prospects).

We added Stamkos as well so I think we added more than any of those

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
People underestimate what the balance of a team will do our matchups as a whole. Tampa looks a lot different when a team has to throw a top pairing at Stamkos for 20-25 minutes a night... remember how much of a terror Flip was facing second pairing defenders early in the season? Imagine that, but with Callahan producing next to him, too.

While I would have liked to shore up the D, it takes two to get a deal done, and it has to be done at the right price. Steve didn't find his price, so we move on, add Sustr back as the season drags on, rest Brewer a little, and see where things go for us. Its all about managing minutes for us right now, and Salo and Brew should be the biggest focuses.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
People underestimate what the balance of a team will do our matchups as a whole. Tampa looks a lot different when a team has to throw a top pairing at Stamkos for 20-25 minutes a night... remember how much of a terror Flip was facing second pairing defenders early in the season? Imagine that, but with Callahan producing next to him, too.

While I would have liked to shore up the D, it takes two to get a deal done, and it has to be done at the right price. Steve didn't find his price, so we move on, add Sustr back as the season drags on, rest Brewer a little, and see where things go for us. Its all about managing minutes for us right now, and Salo and Brew should be the biggest focuses.

Panik could still bring us a bit of edge too. We might be a harder team to play against down low, and we'll have Stamkos and what percent he's at. We're better than we were last night at least.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

montreal might have lost price so needs a miracle if that is the case.

Detroit? Lost datsyuk for 3 weeks and Helm has concussion like symptoms maybe they are in TROUBLE and I love detroit but TROUBLE IS A GOOD WORD at this point.

Ottawa BLAH.

This is ours to take. Its up to the boys but if we put together 14 points I say we are in EASY.

20 games left 14 at home I think? Bunch in conference. Fair 6-3-1 so 12-6-2 is good to shoot for. Maybe a lot of you don't see that but I do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad