33lo6m1.jpg

In regards to Kesler:

BhckFtDCAAE5P_C.png:large

Last edited:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Could we have any interest in Kesler?

The future of the TBL organization is Stamkos/Drouin (1st line), Names/Kuch (2nd line), and Johnson/Palat (third line). Then you have Killorn/Connolly/Panik/Filp/Purcell/Erne vying for the complementary slots. Kesler being able to play RW on Stammer's first line would work out really well imo.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If Marty is really wanting to leave and go to NYR we need to make a three team trade with Vancouver for Kesler and make it work somehow.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Marty is really wanting to leave and go to NYR we need to make a three team trade with Vancouver for Kesler and make it work somehow.

Id rather get Tanev from Vancouver, nothing against Kesler but we could use a good young RD. If NY doesn't want to move Girardi or McIllrath then ask for Tanev plus.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444838

I'd be surprised if we weren't in for Myers. Right hand d, big body, fluid skater and good two-way potential. He obviously hasn't performed as well since his rookie season, but hell I'd take a chance on him given his age and the current situation in Buffalo not being conducive for growth imo.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I want myers but the cost might be more than I am willing to pay.

1st of course than killorn? and another really good prospect at least. JT Brown? not sure that is enough.

I mean I would bet we could probably give them johnson or vladdy a 1st and paquette would do the trick.

DAMMMM MARTY we could do the center thing if knew was here for awhile for sure just unreal what is going on and how much other crap it actually affects.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Why does anyone want Tyler Myers? Have you watched him? He is a complete trainwreck in coverage, his decision making is about average, and if he loses any confidence he becomes exponentially worse. Buyer beware.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah, Myers sucks. The only thing he's got going for him is his size. I feel like people are banking on him having his rookie season again, and that doesn't look to be happening.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Id take Myers over Gudas any day. Gudas has become unwatchable to me. I made a proposal of Connolly/Killorn + Gudas + 1st for Myers + Flynn + 2nd.

Myers is a big upgrade on Gudas and we can move Sustr into the 4 spot easier then the 2. Moves out a logjam player in either Killorn or Connolly, Flynn is a body who's ok in the bottom 6 and we drop a few spots in a weak draft.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Why does anyone want Tyler Myers? Have you watched him? He is a complete trainwreck in coverage, his decision making is about average, and if he loses any confidence he becomes exponentially worse. Buyer beware.

He's 24 years old, defensemen typically peak later than forwards. Imagine if Phoenix had given up on Yandle, Vancouver on Edler or if New Jersey didn't give Rafalski a chance or Chicago for Byfuglien. Also, I'm not surprised he hasn't had much success in Buffalo in the last few years, considering the state of that team. He's got a ton of potential and Coop's great at developing players with raw talent.

Buy low, sell high!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Id take Myers over Gudas any day. Gudas has become unwatchable to me. I made a proposal of Connolly/Killorn + Gudas + 1st for Myers + Flynn + 2nd.

Myers is a big upgrade on Gudas and we can move Sustr into the 4 spot easier then the 2. Moves out a logjam player in either Killorn or Connolly, Flynn is a body who's ok in the bottom 6 and we drop a few spots in a weak draft.

I wouldn't write off Gudas yet, but I agree that Myers could be a legit top 4 dman if he's in the right situation with the right coach. In a couple years, he could even be that top pairing RHD that we've been desperately searching for. Can you imagine a Hedman-back to his peak Myers combo for the foreseeable future?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I actually like how myers is playing this year. I have watched over 10 games to hose we cant ship a rh d for a rh d that is situation have now has to be another package.

GM is not asking for a ton no matter what the fan base wants. I think they really want to move him and think something like killorn connolly and a pick gets a deal done.
With a higher pick back. If is a first or second.

I also believe in this organization we teach better and can solve a guy like myers problems. We have better guys here is a simple equation I think he winds up a legit number one or a very good number two on the right team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I actually like how myers is playing this year. I have watched over 10 games to hose we cant ship a rh d for a rh d that is situation have now has to be another package.

GM is not asking for a ton no matter what the fan base wants. I think they really want to move him and think something like killorn connolly and a pick gets a deal done.

I also believe in this organization we teach better and can solve a guy like myers problems. We have better guys here is a simple equation I think he winds up a legit number one or a very good number two on the right team.

In a perfect world every team would run LD-RD on all pairs. Yes we are shipping a RD but a 2nd pair one for a top pair one which is much harder to come by. We can try Sustr with Carle or Salo with him next year. We have Witkowski/Blujus/Dotchin in a few seasons.

It all depends on if Myers is really available and the price but I'd do it personally. Gudas has taken a big step back lately and I'm worried he can't handle heavy minutes.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

Exactly this. I'm astonished that people are giving up on Myers so quickly and basically attributing his rookie season as an aberration. For Christ's sake, he's 24 and his best years are still likely ahead of him. It's not that he lacks drive either; he just needs a boost in confidence and better structure/direction to his game, which Coop can definitely provide him with.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He's 24 years old, defensemen typically peak later than forwards. Imagine if Phoenix had given up on Yandle, Vancouver on Edler or if New Jersey didn't give Rafalski a chance or Chicago for Byfuglien. Also, I'm not surprised he hasn't had much success in Buffalo in the last few years, considering the state of that team. He's got a ton of potential and Coop's great at developing players with raw talent.

Buy low, sell high!

Thats not apples to oranges, come on.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Don't want Myers. Not impressed with him and his price will be too high for the risk. Agreed on Gudas taking a step back. I think Gudas' future is as a 3rd pairing defenseman.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Gudas definitely has taken a step back this last month or more, but so has a number of the rookies. He's young, and shouldn't be on the second line right now. In a few years he should be.

If the price is right, we could do worse than Myers. He likely would be cheaper than an Edler or the like, but still has a ton of potential. Problem is, potential isn't always worth it if you have to give up 2 good prospects and a pick. If it was Purcell and anything else though haha

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Gudas definitely has taken a step back this last month or more, but so has a number of the rookies. He's young, and shouldn't be on the second line right now. In a few years he should be.

If the price is right, we could do worse than Myers. He likely would be cheaper than an Edler or the like, but still has a ton of potential. Problem is, potential isn't always worth it if you have to give up 2 good prospects and a pick. If it was Purcell and anything else though haha

Exactly. I'm talking about giving up a player like Connolly, who also has potential but has not been able to stick with the Bolts, plus a draft pick and at most maybe another lesser prospect/roster player. Myers hasn't been performing up to expectations lately and the price will not be as high as some people are led to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad