2013-14 Promo Nights

mrmunn

Jan 4, 2013
Just received this email. Won't be trading away the Bobblehead nights this year, has to pick up Ladd on Kijiji. Never again. Glow sticks though.....really?

NHL JETS said:
The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce the following Promo Nights taking place at MTS Centre this season:

October 4 Home Opener / Glow Wand Giveaway
October 22 Hockey Fights Cancer
December 14 Ondrej Pavelec Bobblehead Giveaway
December 18 Winnipeg Jets Skills Competition
December 31 New Year's Eve
January 28 Hockey Talks
March 8 Canadian Forces Night and Giveaway
March 22 Dustin Byfuglien Bobblehead Giveaway
April 10 Fan Appreciation Night

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
There was no bobblehead last year.

I think waitlist only had access to the practice. The skills competition was open to all. And last time around I don't think it was a sellout either so wouldn't worry too much about not getting tickets.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Skills Competition

Wellwood-shooting-accuracy-300x200.jpg

For those who forgot, the first Skills Competition was held back on November 15th, 2011.

Buff smoked a hardest shot over 100 mph and Burmistrov had a sick breakaway goal.

Should be interesting to see how it looks this year.

JAPPLER

Oct 3, 2011
Question about the game on Saturday... do they have a bobblehead for everyone in attendance or is it a situation where you have to show up hella early to get one?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Question about the game on Saturday... do they have a bobblehead for everyone in attendance or is it a situation where you have to show up hella early to get one?

The Ladd night, in the first season, they had enough for everyone IIRC. There were still lineups like crazy prior to the game but you could get one easily enough. We showed up, got in, got our bobble head, took it back to the car and then went for beers.

I'd still recommend going earlier than usual, but not hella early.

And if anyone doesn't want their Pavelec bobblehead (c'mon, you haters, pony up) I'll buy it off ya. :)

JAPPLER

Oct 3, 2011
The Ladd night, in the first season, they had enough for everyone IIRC. There were still lineups like crazy prior to the game but you could get one easily enough. We showed up, got in, got our bobble head, took it back to the car and then went for beers.

I'd still recommend going earlier than usual, but not hella early.

And if anyone doesn't want their Pavelec bobblehead (c'mon, you haters, pony up) I'll buy it off ya. :)

Thanks for the info. Do they have a way of preventing people from getting multiples?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thanks for the info. Do they have a way of preventing people from getting multiples?

Yup, they scan your ticket. Once it's in the system, it can't get another. You have to have a ticket/card/paper to get the bobblehead.

From the announcement at last game, looks like they will be at your seats this year.

For the Ladd one I believe they only had 10-12K bobbleheads. For the Pavelec one on Saturday they announced there will be 15K. Everyone will get one.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
From the announcement at last game, looks like they will be at your seats this year.

For the Ladd one I believe they only had 10-12K bobbleheads. For the Pavelec one on Saturday they announced there will be 15K. Everyone will get one.

Oh I can't see any problems with them being at the seats :shakehead There'll be at least a few ticked off people that night. I didn't hear the announcement at the Blues game though but that's probably because I'm not always paying attention to the announcements anyway.

I didn't know Ladd was limited but I guess I also didn't care cuz I got mine. Sadly that just means now I'm going to be hunting down both Pavs and Buffy to ensure I have them all. Wish they'd announce the promos earlier so that you could factor it into the game draft in the groups. Not that it would influence the draft by much, but I ended up with a Phoenix game in between when the Dallas (Pavs) and Carolina (Buff) games were picked. I'd have been fine with any three of the games but if I can get me some useless stuff to clutter the house up, I'm all over that.

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville

Oh I can't see any problems with them being at the seats :shakehead There'll be at least a few ticked off people that night. I didn't hear the announcement at the Blues game though but that's probably because I'm not always paying attention to the announcements anyway.

I didn't know Ladd was limited but I guess I also didn't care cuz I got mine. Sadly that just means now I'm going to be hunting down both Pavs and Buffy to ensure I have them all. Wish they'd announce the promos earlier so that you could factor it into the game draft in the groups. Not that it would influence the draft by much, but I ended up with a Phoenix game in between when the Dallas (Pavs) and Carolina (Buff) games were picked. I'd have been fine with any three of the games but if I can get me some useless stuff to clutter the house up, I'm all over that.

No ****, what a stupid way to hand that out.

hE8923C51

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Won't they just hand them out as you enter the building?

For the Ladd bobbleheads they had you line up inside the concourse (well, outside the building as well because the line went that far) and pick them up at a table. I don't know if that has any bearing on what they'll do this time, it's just a historical perspective on last time.

Still looking to pick one up if anyone is interested in parting with it.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
For the Ladd bobbleheads they had you line up inside the concourse (well, outside the building as well because the line went that far) and pick them up at a table. I don't know if that has any bearing on what they'll do this time, it's just a historical perspective on last time.

Still looking to pick one up if anyone is interested in parting with it.

They sell Ladd bobbleheads at the Jets store.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Just got the email

"As a reminder to fans attending tomorrow's game at 2:00 p.m. vs. the Dallas Stars, 15,004 Ondrej Pavelec Bobbleheads will be distributed to all fans attending the game.

Each bobblehead will be individually labelled by seat location and placed on your seat in advance of the game in order to guarantee that each person in attendance receives a bobblehead.

Additional bobbleheads will be available for purchase at all Jets Gear locations throughout the concourse.

Enjoy the game!"

At the St Louis game they put little Jets rewards flyers in all the cupholders. I was like the 6th person to go sit in my section... and mine was missing. :laugh:

I'm sure this will go well.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
What was wrong with the voucher system? They are setting themselves up for a lot of work and potential problems with that setup. How are they going to handle 1000 people showing up saying that when they got to their seat there was no bobblehead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad