GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
There are few players in the NHL that I'd want to be Bruins more than Wayne Simmonds.

Maybe Weber or Giroux, but thats about it.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Can't even blame Hank on that one.

Olympian Ryan McDonagh (and I'm a fan) was all sorts of out of place on that. Simmonds could've sat down and finished a steak dinner in the time it would've taken McDonagh to recover.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Nice to see big game McDonagh on the ice for both Philly goals.

Must be the playoffs.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
There are few players in the NHL that I'd want to be Bruins more than Wayne Simmonds.

Maybe Weber or Giroux, but thats about it.

Add in Benn to that list and I agree completely.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I'm a Leafs fan first, then a Sharks fan, then a Wild fan. Adopted the Sharks as a playoff bandwagon team (When the Leafs missed the playoffs for the first time since starting watching hockey in 1999) in 2006 and just continued to follow them as my 2nd team, and then started following the Wild after a lovely trip to St Paul a few years ago. The Leafs are my top priority though.

It would be hilarious if I was a Canucks fan instead of a Wild fan, though. That would complete the ultimate triforce of choke :laugh:. Can't root for my 3rd most hated team in the league though.

As far as the 2nd part goes, while the 6-3 loss was quite bad, I thought it was just one loss. We did the same thing against Detroit in 2010 when they routed us in game 4 and went on to win game 5. After game 5's loss at home is when I knew in my heart this would go to 7, though. No way we win in LA in game 6 with all these bad habits.

Well, St. Paul is an awesome city (although designed by drunk Irishmen compared to how easily it is to get around Minneapolis) so I can't fault you on that. Did you go to the X? Great arena for hockey. Cosetta's for dinner, X for the game, Tom Reid's for beer after, never having to leave 7th street. Perfect setup for the night. At tleast as far as the Wild go, it's got a solid future ahead especially considering some of their depth at the Iowa level, so they should be fun to follow for a good many years going forward.

I don't think that Sharks fans are also allowed to be Canucks fans; I believe that against the bylaws so you're safe with that. :laugh:

It's crazy...there's a few on that Sharks team I really like, although I don't have a high opinion of Jumbo Joe as a big-game player....so it's just sort of puzzling to me to see a team with such high end talent predictably fold like a cheap tent. Just weird. You are a glutton for punishment.

Good luck to you and your fellow Shorks fans tomorrow night. :)

member 96824

Dorsett what a piece of ****. Did the same thing last year to us too

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I hope the Flyers win this series. The Rangers are boring as ****.

Dorsett is such an overrated tough guy.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Dorsett what a piece of ****. Did the same thing last year to us too

That looked pretty cheap live. Let's see if the refs even out the penalties or if Dorsett gets any extra.

Looked like a punk move.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hat Trick for Simmonds.

Good for him. That kid works hard and plays the game right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad