GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hey Swervin81 (since the last thread was closed, this is how imma do this)

You're a Sharks fan with a Leafs sig but part of the Wild logo in your avatar?

How did that....happen? :laugh: just curious.

See, I don't even think I'd be freaked out if I were a Sharks fan, because it's like a broken record (for the record, I'm a Viking fan so we know chokes). Didn't a part of you expect this after the 6-3 loss in LA in G4?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Hey Swervin81 (since the last thread was closed, this is how imma do this)

You're a Sharks fan with a Leafs sig but part of the Wild logo in your avatar?

How did that....happen? :laugh: just curious.

See, I don't even think I'd be freaked out if I were a Sharks fan, because it's like a broken record (for the record, I'm a Viking fan so we know chokes). Didn't a part of you expect this after the 6-3 loss in LA in G4?

I was dying to ask this.

Glad someone asked!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I was dying to ask this.

Glad someone asked!

I figured I could get away with it being the lonely Wild fan round these here parts.

I get playoff bandwagon deal, that's all good...I'm just confused cos there's a lot happening there. :laugh:

(Disclaimer: I by no means ask to question the veracity of Swervin's fandom whatsoever or levying any weird sort of 'you're not a real fan111!!1!1' condescending crap that people throw around- and frankly if you're a fan of the Leafs/Sharks, then going with an up-and-comer like the Wild is a WISE choice indeed - but I'm genuinely curious :nod: )

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Hey, if your a fan of multiple teams, you have a better shot of winning...

of course, he made all bad choices this time, :D

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I liked random teams when I was a kid.

I liked the Sharks, Mighty Ducks and Whalers for whatever reason.
I used to watch Whalers games on Sportschannel.

I didn't know any better.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Skating doesn't come long after first steps in Minnesota. It's just so deeply ingrained into the culture there that, despite living here for 20 years, it's tough to shake. BU/U of M, Bruins/Wild matchups are pure hell for me.

A Boston/Minnesota SCF or U of Minnesota/BU NCAA final would be the death of me. Sheer agony.

So I get it from folks who cheer for more than one. Three though....holy Christ, I don't think I have the energy to fervently follow three hockey teams, at least not the way I follow Bruins/Wild.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My cousin roots for the Jets and the Bruins.

Harmless enough for now, but if both teams were good, then it would get interesting.
I tried following the Kings for a while due to the Monarchs, but I just couldn't stay interested.

member 96824

6a00d83451af4b69e20120a633cc30970c-pi.png

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
FTR, I think the Sharks go back to Niemi, but it's not gonna matter. That fish is belly up.

Team needs a culture change, and while there's no doubt they've had regular season success, there's something in the leadership that can't get that team over the hump in the big game. We're talking Buffalo Bills kinda territory here.

I may have to wander over to the Sharks board and do some reading and see how they feel about organizational composure and possible changes. They've got some great pieces (Couture, and I'm a big Pavs fan) but there's just such a stink of playoff ineptitude that sometimes you gotta go nuclear option to clean it off.

member 96824

Here's a thought.

Sharks trade Joe Thornton to St. Louis, filling their need for center depth, they win the cup together...pigs fly, it snows in mexico, and Lonnie admits he's Felger :amazed:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It's okay, you can admit it here that you secretly love the song Brass Bonanza. We won't judge you. Much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I can understand having a favored team in other conference logic

I liked the Islanders as my 2nd fav team as kid ,, Late 90's/early 00's really sucked for me as a Hockey fan :laugh:

After Whalers moved I started following the Canes as well at least was entertaining at times

Not sure why Isles and Canes have always been teams I enjoy for some reason. I am really happy for there fans when teams do well

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Now that most of the series are ending, TV is starting to suck. :(

member 96824

I started out full on Colorado Avalanche as a kid...Bourque made me a Bruin fan, that and just the general appeal of the tougher style

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Philly for sure. Pit/Phi and Mtl/Bos in the 2nd round? Aww yeeeah.

But I like the Flyers and feel indifferent towards NYR.

Yeah I made mistake here

Thought I was on Devils board for some reason when I typed that :facepalm:

Thus why I said "Hated rival"

Forget that B's really don't have much of a rivalry with either team honestly outside of occasional playoff matchup here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad