2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #3

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Grigorenko. And while I think Cal Petersen is the appropriate add here, I don't want to be adding the same guy for five straight polls, so I'll go with Possler.

Why not? That's what I did with Ullmark the last go around. (Just wanted to brag that I was an early supported of Ullmark :D )

Grigorenko, add Possler.

The guy I'm really struggling with is when to add Hackett. He's had a bad year, but it's too early to give up on a goaltender. Not sure he still isn't the 2nd best goaltender prospect in the system behind Ullmark.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
McCabe, add Possler.

Right now, the developmental path alone on Armia and Grigorenko are enough to knock them down in my eyes. And the results for both of them have certainly been unimpressive.

ZeroPT*

Larsson,Compher.McCabe,Armia and Ullmark are my next 5. The order will be tough

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
McCabe, add Possler.

Right now, the developmental path alone on Armia and Grigorenko are enough to knock them down in my eyes. And the results for both of them have certainly been unimpressive.

Agreed I don't understand the whole "upside" thing. I mean I understand it to a point but what was the upside of Pavel D, Zetterberg, Jamie Benn, Pavelski, Miller, Lundqvist, Yandle, Markov, Keith, Subban, Chara, etc...Were the upsides of these guys 1st liners and 1st pairing Defenseman or number 1 goalies? When they were drafted I bet people would laugh at you for giving upsides of what types of players they came out to be. Grigs and Armia have taken significant steps backwards in there development and there "upside" is less than what it was when they were drafted. I personally don't believe Grigs has the work ethic to work on what he needs to be successful at the NHL level. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

I voted Ullmark. He is putting up numbers in the SHL that hasn't been seen since Henrik Lundqvist. Larsson/McCabe/Compher are my next three.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Well, I cant officially vote in polls until tomorrow or a couple days (my 45 days will be over).

So the 2 on the poll are you and Girgs28

Thanks, I saw that there weren't many that voted him and want to know why other people voted Compher.

I understand the reasoning behind voting Grigs, but I think that Compher has the best combination of skill and potential to use that skill in the NHL.

I would appreciate it if other people commented on how they think of him so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00