2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #3

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks, I saw that there weren't many that voted him and want to know why other people voted Compher.

I understand the reasoning behind voting Grigs, but I think that Compher has the best combination of skill and potential to use that skill in the NHL.

I would appreciate it if other people commented on how they think of him so far.

I've watched every game available to me on TV (B1GN, ESPNU, NBCSN) with Michigan. Same can be said of Wisconsin, and since im an ND fan, them as well (which is almost every Friday night, thanks NBC!). If it conflicts with Sabres, I DVR and watch at end of the weekend.

Compher thus far has exceeded my expectations as a player in his Freshman year. I think hes better than what he projected to be at the draft, that is his development is moving along nicely. When I heard Murray speak about Girgensons the other day "he plays the game the right way", I would say the same of Compher. He consistently looks like Michigan's best player, as a freshman. Right now I have very little doubts he will contribute at the NHL level.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Can we do a "Sabres HF consensus Mid-term 2014 Draft list" where we get a consensus top 10? I know other boards do something like it but I could be interesting to do.

Maybe after these rankings?

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Can we do a "Sabres HF consensus Mid-term 2014 Draft list" where we get a consensus top 10? I know other boards do something like it but I could be interesting to do.

Maybe after these rankings?

I wouldn't mind doing a consensus top 30. It would be interesting how our list would compare to the expert's lists.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Had to chose between Compher, Baptiste, McCabe, Larsson and Grigorenko. I went with Baptiste since he has all the elements of every other player on that list. Plus he is simply just tearing it up and is the fastest skater out of the bunch. Grigs I see him as making it as a secondary scoring center. I think that's probable but I think there's a good chance he defects or is not on this team going forward due to a trade. I probably put Larsson and McCabe ahead of Grigs as well...add Kea

While I did not choose Baptiste, it is good to see other people recognizing what he has been able to accomplish this year. Perhaps the one forward Buffalo has that I never see IF's used when mentioning where they think he will end up.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Should be Girgs or Pysyk here, but of the menu, I'll grit my teeth and go Grigo simply for the high end upside.

Add Possler.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Poll closed. Grigorenko wins, while Possler's the add.

Add votes: Possler-24, Kea-10, Bailey-5, Catenacci-4, Hackett-1, Lieuwen-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad