2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #2

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Zadorov pretty easily after his impressive camps and early season surprising play. The tremendous upside seems to be much closer, his development arc much further than even I had hoped.

Add... Kea/Bailey/Possler are in a clump, but with Possler's knee still an uncertainty, I'll take Kea as the lower-ceiling but very developed pivot over Bailey's untapped, unfinished skills.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Is Hurley really ahead of Kea? I need to pay more attention I guess.

For me, the upside there is tantalizing. I don't know if he can ever turn into an elite-level playmaker.......but he could certainly be a first-line or VERY good second line playmaker.

Kea, OTOH, is quite likely to be a Gaustad-like 4th line C. Nothing more....nothing a whole lot less.

They might wind up being back-to-back for me, with Kea one spot behind Hurley.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
For me, the upside there is tantalizing. I don't know if he can ever turn into an elite-level playmaker.......but he could certainly be a first-line or VERY good second line playmaker.

Kea, OTOH, is quite likely to be a Gaustad-like 4th line C. Nothing more....nothing a whole lot less.

Hurley's upside is that high? Wow. I really do need to pay more attention. :laugh:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Zaddy....add Ruh

Assuming Grigorenko wins the next vote then the real fun will begin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Kea's skating separates him widely from Gaustad. Kea skates well, not just "skates well for a big man" but he skates well and IS a big man. That should translate his ability to find and finish his checks in a way Paul had to work extra at to accomplish. Kea's upside is like the Gaustad we wanted defensively rather than the one we had, who can skate. :D

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Why are people still so high on Grigs? He has looked horrendous. I don't think he has the drive or motivation to improve the aspects of his game that are needed to be successful at the NHL level. I see him busting more than any of our prospects. I have Larsson, Ullmark, Compher, and McCabe ahead of him.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Why are people still so high on Grigs? He has looked horrendous. I don't think he has the drive or motivation to improve the aspects of his game that are needed to be successful at the NHL level. I see him busting more than any of our prospects. I have Larsson, Ullmark, Compher, and McCabe ahead of him.

Ceiling.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Probably the second highest ceiling in the system. Zadorov is a more reliable prospect so Risto, Zads, Grigs as my top 3. As I've said before, next mid season poll is when I'll start dropping him. If he looks like he did in a Buffalo when he's in Roc he will sink in my rankings faster then Leo DiCaprio in Titanic.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Because he's super talented. There are question marks around him, for sure, but his upside is miles ahead of our next best forward prospect IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00