2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll: #2

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I used the first ten eligible prospects from Kris Baker's February rankings for the opening poll. Per usual, after casting your vote, suggest one player from the remaining prospect pool to add to the next poll.

2013-14 Mid-Season Prospect Poll Results:
  • Poll #1: Rasmus Ristolainen, 84/121, 69.42% – Add: Brayden McNabb

F: Justin Bailey, Daniel Catenacci, Christian Isackson, Colin Jacobs, Justin Kea, Eric Locke, Sean Malone, Brad Navin, Logan Nelson, Jonathan Parker, Judd Peterson, Gustav Possler, Tim Schaller, Kevin Sundher, Shawn Szydlowski, Phil Varone.

D: Mark Adams, Brady Austin, Nick Crawford, Anthony Florentino, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, Matt MacKenzie, Chad Ruhwedel.

G: Matt Hackett, Connor Knapp, Nathan Lieuwen, Andrey Makarov, Cal Petersen.

Eligibility Note: A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria. Thus, there are four subtractions from the last set of polls. Brian Flynn (80 GP) graduated, while Corey Tropp was claimed by Columbus. Zemgus Girgensons (56 GP) and Mark Pysyk (61 GP) also have "arrived" and could very well meet the 65 NHL GP graduating prospect threshold by the end of this set of polls.

Crawford, Hackett, Knapp, Ruhwedel, and Szydlowski are approaching the upper limit of the age criteria. I'd also project Hackett, McNabb, and Ruhwedel to be tendered offers as RFA's, while Crawford, Knapp, MacKenzie, Parker, and Szydlowski may not get another contract. Further, Buffalo holds the rights to Austin, Kea, Nelson, and Ullmark until June 1, 2014 and to Adams until August 15, 2014.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Zadorov. Add Ruhwedel.

3. Grigorenko
4. Armia
5. Compher
6. Ullmark
7. McCabe
8. Larsson
9. Baptiste
10. McNabb
11. Hurley

...is how I'd rank the guys currently on the board.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Zadorov. Add Ruhwedel.

3. Grigorenko
4. Armia
5. Compher
6. Ullmark
7. McCabe
8. Larsson
9. Baptiste
10. McNabb
11. Hurley

given your comments on Grigorenko, I'm surprised you have him ranked so high.

Do you feel forced to do that?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
given your comments on Grigorenko, I'm surprised you have him ranked so high.

Do you feel forced to do that?

Well, had Pysyk and Girgensons been available for the poll, Grigs would've been #5, which is a big drop from where he was in the preseason poll. I had Pysyk, Girgs, Zads, and Ristolainen all passing him on my list. So there's that. Also, Armia hasn't made a strong case so far this year, either, else he would be ahead of Grigs, too. After Grigs and Armia, I think we have some solid, projectable players, but none who have ceilings anywhere close to Grigs and Armia.

The thing that keeps me hopeful about Grigs is that I think he can be successful on the wing with guys like Reinhart/Bennett and McDavid/Eichel. If Grigs is on a line with a dominant puck possession player like those guys will be, I think we'll see a lot more from him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Zadorov. Add Ruhwedel.

3. Grigorenko
4. Armia
5. Compher
6. Ullmark
7. McCabe
8. Larsson
9. Baptiste
10. McNabb
11. Hurley

I'd put Larsson at 6, McCabe at 7, and Ullmark at 8, and keep the rest the same. Edit: I'm going to have a tough time between Compher and Larsson. They might switch.

Add Ruhwedel.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I knew this was going to be a race between Zad and Grigs, but considering that Zad only had a 7 vote/5.79% lead over Grigs for #1, I'm kinda surprised that Zad has this much of a margin.

Yet again, most of the Risto voters probably shifted to Zad for #2 (as I did); really goes to show who values what kind of player more. I could trace names to verify, but I don't feel like going that in depth.
Of course, Grigs has had some concerns, which is why im sure he's trending down for some of us

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00