SHL: 2013-14 General SHL Discussion

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Well, that was a great team as well, but I put this team of Skellefteå above them. Frölunda with their 04-05 team should be mentioned as well I guess.

Congr...atula...tio...ns to Skellefteå AIK and there fans. I'm amazed of what they've built. I was born and raised in Umeå, so although I'm a fan of MODO Hockey I've always liked Björklöven as well, so this certainly stings a bit. It wasn't that long ago I used to watch lots of derbys between Björklöven and Skellefteå in Allsvenskan, and now this...
It's ok, Umeå is slowly turning black and yellow anyhow. ;)

Love how they all went complete overload on the northern accent, even Bellemare! "Ja tänk int så myche, ja ba skjut." Ingemar Stenmark would've been proud.
Great interview with Wallson:

Also; Lovely Varuträsk! Here a game winner was raised.
1239843_568707996528338_565128642_n.jpg

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Pogge, Gunnarsson and Lalonde to FBK. Announced today. And Wallin is not resigned, will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I guess the local newspaper here in Västerås will call him with the yearly "Would you be interested in coming back to Västerås if they got promoted", but instead change the question to "Is Västerås an option now when you didn't get a contract extension with Färjestad?" :laugh:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I guess the local newspaper here in Västerås will call him with the yearly "Would you be interested in coming back to Västerås if they got promoted", but instead change the question to "Is Västerås an option now when you didn't get a contract extension with Färjestad?" :laugh:
:laugh:

So how did it went?

Stepping down a division would perhaps not be so bad for him if it meant he could get his offensive working again. Still a very good player but not 400.000 SEK a month good.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
:laugh:

So how did it went?

Stepping down a division would perhaps not be so bad for him if it meant he could get his offensive working again. Still a very good player but not 400.000 SEK a month good.

Haven't seen anything - yet..

There are actually some talking going on by fans in Västerås about Bastiansen and Wallin.

Our GM was the one bringing Bastiansen to Swedish hockey, and Västerås is the youth club of Wallin

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Bastiansen is some one I will really miss. Think it was a mistake to let him go. Wallin is some one I like as well but he clearly needed a change and he cost to much.

If they would both end up in Västerås then congratulation. About time you went back up and those two could help with that.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Now the latest bit of news is that FBK and Wallin are negotiating a new deal. Hmmm, did they fail to sign some one else or perhaps they just wanted him to lower his demands?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad