SHL: 2013-14 General SHL Discussion

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Bummed Vaxjo lost to Modo in OT tonight, but at least they pulled out a point. Could be a really exciting season here!

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
There's a lot of North Americans players in the SHL this season, so here's my attempt at building a North American team...

Evan McGrath - Riley Holzapfel - Bud Holloway
Colby Armstrong - Jason Krog - Rhett Rakhshani
Brett Sterling - T.J. Hensick - Greg Scott
Chad Kolarik - Chris Abbott - Jared Aulin
Dave Spina

Ryan Gunderson - Garrett Stafford
Derek Joslin - Richie Regehr
Sean Sullivan - Cory Murphy
Noah Welch

Danny Taylor
Scott Munroe

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
How is Sundqvist doing so far?
Sundqvist's only playing around 9 min per game right now and has a more of an defensive role as the team is stacked with offensive talent, but he's doing great with what he's given. He has had some fantastic shifts on the PK creating good scoring chances on his own. Didn't really notice it in juniors but the kid is very strong around the boards.
He has the skills to become a very good player but I somehow feel like he's still a bit unaccustomed to his own size. (Not sure how to explain it in better words.)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Uffe Bodin ‏@UffeBodin 7m

97:an Oliver Kylington SHL-debuterar för Färjestad i dag. 1997... F-n, vad gammal man börjar bli. #twittpuck #FBK

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Dahlén is an awful coach. His system is all "lots of offensive defensemen and centers". Not a good mix for all-around success.

I also think that HV has become a very soft team. They don't have that high-profile agitator who's a pain in the ass to play against. Jämtin is out with an injury right now, but even if they had him, they wouldn't have dominated opposing teams physically, like they used to.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I also think that HV has become a very soft team. They don't have that high-profile agitator who's a pain in the ass to play against. Jämtin is out with an injury right now, but even if they had him, they wouldn't have dominated opposing teams physically, like they used to.

Well losing Sundh and putting Carlsson in a scoring role changes a whole lot in the team chemistry.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Possler is Modo's best F

Yeah, really impressed. Hedberg looks good too and should have a good shot at the WJC. Timashov looks a bit lost, which is understandable.

Also nice to see Örebro doing great :thumbu:

Edit: But that was a nice play by Timashov

Last edited:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Borrowed this from twitter. Swedish tabloids in a nutshell, always look on the bright side!

BVgvZJbIgAAMcCC.jpg:small

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Going to see Vaxjo-Skelleftea tonight, but for those who have watched some SAIK games, what's with Holloway's slow start? 2 points in 6 games. Extra attention from defenders?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad