2013-14 AHL schedule released

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Interesting info! Thanks for posting.

You are welcome. It is old info. The Admirals get no parking revenue and most of the jersey sales money from the BC goes to the Bucks. The Admirals get to keep the money if they sell stuff at their offices (1 & 1/2 blocks from the Bradley Center). It isn't a great lease, but that is the way it goes.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals have scheduling priority over Marquette. I don't believe that MU contributed a cent to the Bradley Center construction, so they are #3.

The Admirals have to pay rent for Saturday (6) and Sunday games (6 games at about 10K each IIRC), so Fridays (16) are very popular with them.

I thought Friday was $2,500 in rent which is still much better than the $10,000 on Saturday and Sunday but still costly when added up.

Cynicaps

Aug 19, 2011
Interesting reads from the Monarchs' website:

http://manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=4793

http://manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=4794

First one provides some background on the scheduling process, in a little bit more detail than I have seen in most previous articles about the subject.

The second attempts to justify <cough> fail <cough> the no-crossover nature of the schedule, year after year after year.

If teams don't want to travel so much, how is it that the AHL approved Abbottsford with no plan to fill out the west, Charlotte with no plan to fill out the South, or St. John's with no plan to return to the Maritimes? Leagues are the final arbiter on if teams can move places - if they weren't the Blues would've gone to Saskatoon and the NBA's Kings would be the new Supersonics - why would the AHL allow such situations to exist?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If teams don't want to travel so much, how is it that the AHL approved Abbottsford with no plan to fill out the west, Charlotte with no plan to fill out the South, or St. John's with no plan to return to the Maritimes? Leagues are the final arbiter on if teams can move places - if they weren't the Blues would've gone to Saskatoon and the NBA's Kings would be the new Supersonics - why would the AHL allow such situations to exist?

Abbotsford has to pony up beaucoup $$s to subsidize the travel of visiting teams (and league on ice officials).

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Because the AHL needs 29 or 30 cities to make the NHL teams happy. Some day, I don't know when, there may be another far west team or two, like Seattle or Portland or Victoria. Charlotte may get company, like Knoxville or Gwinnett. St John's... I have nothing for them!

I agree that too many outpost cities isn't a good idea. It leads to Milwaukee playing Chicago and Rockford 12 times a year. Wouldn't 10 times be enough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad