2013-14 AHL schedule released

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Beat me to the punch. :P

And looking forward especially to the schedule, since I found out that a co-worker has an in with the Chicago Wolves that might land me some tickets this year.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Beat me to the punch. :P

And looking forward especially to the schedule, since I found out that a co-worker has an in with the Chicago Wolves that might land me some tickets this year.

It is an easy in to get tickets for wolves games as they are always available.....just call the team!

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Really, how hard is it for them to schedule most of the western conference team's with only 6 opponents.......:cry:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Actually Tommy the Wolves will do something they haven't done since 2009.....ALL of the western conference will make an appearance at Allstate arena this year including both Utica and wait for it......rochester.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Minor League scheduling/arena availability question

Why is it that the ECHL, which has to work around the Orlando Magic (Solar Bears), can put out a schedule far ahead of the NBA schedule release, but the American Hockey League, which also needs to work around the NBA schedule, specifically the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lake Erie Monsters), San Antonio Spurs (Rampage), Milwaukee Bucks (Admirals), and Charlotte Bobcats (Checkers) needs two weeks after the release of the NBA schedule to get their schedule together?

By the way, before anyone brings up the WHL (Portland Trail Blazers/Winterhawks) and USHL (Indiana Pacers/Ice), keep in mind that both the Winterhawks and Ice have alternate venues (admittedly a little bit more of a palatable option in terms of capacity/ticket inventory for the 'Hawks than for the Ice...).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Guessing the ECHL team mentioned has a "day of week" agreement and/or 1-2 reserved "weekend" dates/month.

Could be the case, but the Monsters and Rampage (same ownership as the NBA teams) would definitely have them as well. Maybe the Admirals and/or Checkers have to wait for the official announcement (or an advance copy of the final schedule) to know what dates they'll have available.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I know the Admirals have to wait because Herb Kohl requests as many home weekend games as possible to help attendance so the Admirals will take whatever is left after the Bucks and Marquette have taken the dates for their schedule.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm confused looking at the Admirals schedule. I know what CHI, RCK, ABB, GR, LE, TOR, SA, TX, IA, OKC, HAM and CHA mean but what does this RCH mean?

Edit: Just looking over the schedule and I don't remember this at all.

Jan 24 vs Rockford
Jan 25 @ Rockford
Jan 26 vs Rockford

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm confused looking at the Admirals schedule. I know what CHI, RCK, ABB, GR, LE, TOR, SA, TX, IA, OKC, HAM and CHA mean but what does this RCH mean?

Edit: Just looking over the schedule and I don't remember this at all.

Jan 24 vs Rockford
Jan 25 @ Rockford
Jan 26 vs Rockford

Rochester Americans

And that's an interesting home and away and home weekend....

And I'm thinking about planning a road trip with my dad up to Milwaukee to catch an Admirals/Brewers doubleheader in April, so hopefully the MLB schedule complies with that when that gets released in a few months.... only option would probably be the Saturday, 4/12 game against Chicago, though...

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I know what it means, it's just so weird seeing them on the schedule again. :)

Also, not sure how 4/12 would work. That's a Saturday so unless it's a national TV game (unlikely) the game would start at 6, the Admirals would start at 7.

Honestly your best bet would probably 4/8 and hope the Brewers are at home and it starts in the afternoon.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, figured that it'd be a longshot, but got lots of time to plan, and there're worse things than spending a night in Milwaukee. Could always try to hopefully pull a Saturday Ads game and a Sunday Brewers game if that lines up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I know the Admirals have to wait because Herb Kohl requests as many home weekend games as possible to help attendance so the Admirals will take whatever is left after the Bucks and Marquette have taken the dates for their schedule.

The Admirals have scheduling priority over Marquette. I don't believe that MU contributed a cent to the Bradley Center construction, so they are #3.

The Admirals have to pay rent for Saturday (6) and Sunday games (6 games at about 10K each IIRC), so Fridays (16) are very popular with them.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Admirals have scheduling priority over Marquette. I don't believe that MU contributed a cent to the Bradley Center construction, so they are #3.

The Admirals have to pay rent for Saturday (6) and Sunday games (6 games at about 10K each IIRC), so Fridays (16) are very popular with them.

Interesting info! Thanks for posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad