2012 Spengler Cup (Champions: Team Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Spezza always has this dorky look on his face but it kind of makes him endearing. It's hard for me to dislike him.

Really happy for the guys. With no NHL right now, it's something that they can enjoy for the time being and I'm sure being winning an international hockey tournament isn't going to look bad on their hockey resume.

By the way, what kind of medals are those? It's not a very clear shot...but they look almost transparent.
They're line plaques almost. Since its not a "gold silver bronze" tourney!

Yvanoe

Sep 16, 2012
Congrats Canada ! Nicely done !

Complete all-star team of the tournament :

Goalie: Dennis Endras (Adler Mannheim)

Defensman: Dennis Seidenberg (Adler Mannheim) and Santeri Alatalo (HC Davos)

Center: Matt Duchene (Team Canada)

Left winger: Julien Sprunger (Fribourg-Gottéron)

Right winger: Patrick Kane (HC Davos)

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
So did I see somewhere that Bergy is the only player with a Cup, a gold medal, Memorial Cup and Spengler?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
So did I see somewhere that Bergy is the only player with a Cup, a gold medal, Memorial Cup and Spengler?

Olympic gold, WJC gold, WC gold, Spengler Cup, Stanley Cup.

KHL championship next? ;)

Last edited:

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
What a great day for Team Canada! And that's crazy to think that Bergeron has won every freaking trophy possible and at age 27! :handclap:

RJ8812*

watching the replay right now. Is Thornton even playing? seriously havent heard his name mentioned at all so far

EDIT: nvm, 2 minutes into the 2nd period, he's been spotted

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Congrats Canada ! Nicely done !

Complete all-star team of the tournament :

Goalie: Dennis Endras (Adler Mannheim)

Defensman: Dennis Seidenberg (Adler Mannheim) and Santeri Alatalo (HC Davos)

Center: Matt Duchene (Team Canada)

Left winger: Julien Sprunger (Fribourg-Gottéron)

Right winger: Patrick Kane (HC Davos)
Yea Seids!!!

Congrats Bergy and Seguin!!

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
so if Canada wins tommorow means Patrice Begeron currently has these trophies...

Stanley Cup
Olympic Gold
World Championship
World JR Championship
Spengler Cup

Pretty impressive...

Make it happen Patrice!!!

How about Ryan "Captain Canada" Smyth?

World Juniors 95
Olympics 02
World Cup 04
World Championships 03 & 04
Spengler Cup

Nothing really left for him to win internationally. :laugh:

Holden is awesome. You love him when he's on your team and hate him when he's on the other team.

But remember Forsters cheapshot against Boyd Deveraux a few years ago at the Spengler Cup?
http://www.sport.sf.tv/Nachrichten/...ux-mit-Halswirbel-Bruch-Beat-Forster-gesperrt

Forster can't control himself

So much this. Every game I've seen Forster play, he seems to do something cheap and dirty.

Speaking of, I still can't figure out why Carlo Colaiacovo somehow has a "cheap and dirty" magnet on him. He's not really injury prone, it just seems like every time he's on the ice and a cheap shot is thrown, he's the target.

Poor guy.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
I tip my hat to the crowd. You could just feel the enthusiasm and just pure love for the game from them.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe the season gets cancelled and he plays for Providence?

funny you say that, during the 2004 missed season he did, and they came pretty close to going all the way- think they lost to the eventual champs

actual they lost in Conference Finals in 6 games to the Flyers club that swept the Finals

Flyers boys were loaded and added Carter and Richards after their OHL season and pretty much sealed the deal- that is how close Bergeron came to winning the Calder to.

Kids a winner as a person- the rest is just gravy

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
An interesting tournament to watch on TV this holiday season along side the WJHC. The Swiss fans really added a fun atmosphere to the event. Once Team Canada gained a little chemistry it was obvious that the Canadian NHL players had better a combination of speed, size, and elite skill than the average European professional (honorable mention to Kane who was dominant for HC Davos), which resulted in Canada cruising to a Spengler Cup championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad