Euro Hockey Tour: 2012 Oddset Hockey Games

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
eh Swedish powerplay for nearly 6 minutes straight now =/

edit: Sweden scores after 5 minutes of PP

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
So when will the last and the only meaningful Euro Hockey Tour - tournament be played? I think every team will have the best players from Europe in the lineup then, maybe even the first NHL-players?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So when will the last and the only meaningful Euro Hockey Tour - tournament be played? I think every team will have the best players from Europe in the lineup then, maybe even the first NHL-players?

26-29.4. Last possible date for the Finnish league finals is April 26th so it's highly likely that players from the finalists won't be participating in it.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011

Wait, is there a meaningful EHT-tournament?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Wait, is there a meaningful EHT-tournament?

The entire EHT is meaningful. It's the chance for coaches to try players. If they hadn't these games, the WHC selection would be pretty random. They would have no idea which borderline players can perform for NT and which can't. And also it's opportunity for fans to watch more international hockey. I don't like this talk about how useless are these tournaments (and there is a lot of it among people who don't think about what they are saying).

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
The entire EHT is meaningful. It's the chance for coaches to try players. If they hadn't these games, the WHC selection would be pretty random. They would have no idea which borderline players can perform for NT and which can't. And also it's opportunity for fans to watch more international hockey. I don't like this talk about how useless are these tournaments (and there is a lot of it among people who don't think about what they are saying).

Yes you are right, but the tournaments work mainly as some sort of camp for borderline WHC players where coaches get the chance to see all the players and the players get some important experience. The tournaments are important in that way, but there is little value in winning them and thats what hockey is all about in the end. Really depends on how you define "meaningful" but I agree with you.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
The last tournament is the one with the best players. It is also the tournament were are the biggest bets and the most motivated players who fight to get a chance to play in the World championships. So in the meaning of winning and seeing which team is the best, the last Euro Hockey Tournament is the most meaningful and pretty much the only one with the value.

Of course it is always fun see your own team winning these games and tournaments for example Finland's 7-0 win over the czechs. It was funny!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I like all 4 EHT tournaments ... good chance for "league" players to play for national team

czech tournament in april will be again in Brno .. so you can expect awesome crowd :handclap:

last year it was so cool :yo:

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
soooo, why does Finland wear these awful jerseys during the EHT?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad