2012 Draft Revisit-passing on Tomas Hertl-2x

BringBuffaloStanley

Nov 16, 2014
Encouraging that unanimously the sentiments expressed offer no regrets yet from the 2012 draft.

If Hertl starts scoring 40-50 goals a season, I may re-think things-key word may, given Girgensons intangibles, but I think I would agree with Girgensons being the better prospect presently for our future success.

I think Grigorenko will answer any future thoughts of hindsight towards the 2012 draft.

Hopefully he plays to the level we all believe he is capable of in the NHL.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
One can say I am voicing my first amendment right too, could they not?
I am not American nor do I live in USA so not sure how all that works.

In all fairness it is very hypocritical of you to criticize me for voicing my opinion and to say I am oppressing another person's opinion in all the while it is what you are doing to me. I actually find it very interesting you feel it is ok for you to criticize my opinion and my right to voice it but it is not ok for me to criticize someone else's opinion because I feel differently about the subject but maybe that is another thread.

We all have a right to voice our opinion. He voiced his I voiced mine and well you voiced yours.

I like looking back at drafts and what could of been. My point was Hertl is 2 years removed along with Girgensons and Grigorenko. Why the OP is upset over the sabres choices when the players most likely have 10-15 years of NHL left in them to see where they go is well odd. I think it is a very good chance Grigs and Girgs turn out better then Hertl.

Except the OP was not upset. They simply posed a question.

Personally, I think Hertl's numbers wouldn't be nearly as good if he were in Buffalo.

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
Hertl - 4 goals 9 points in 21 games played on a good team as an offensively-minded player,
Girgensons - 6 goals 10 points in 20 games played on the worst team as a defensively-minded player, and 7 points in last 8 games.

Girg's offense seems to be at an already high level for a two-way forward in my opinion, don't see why everyone's saying he has to work on it a lot.
No regrets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad