2012 Draft - 6th Pick: Joey LaLeggia (DU eliminated, LaLeggia to Sign?)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Watching that hit, seemed good to me, guy had his head down the entire time. Little elbow flair at the end, but didn't stick the elbow out (was at his waist the entire time) and it was bicep to chest/head

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Providence college up 4-1 on Denver.

LaLeggia watch is on.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
MacT should be at that game to sign him

Ten bucks hes a better player than Schultz right now

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That hit actually makes me like him even more. :)

I hope the guy he laid out is ok... but it shows Laleggia has some physicality in his game. He rolled off that hit nicely too... shows he has good control and has a good low centre of gravity... stocky little guy.

No brainer to sign him and put him in OKC and see what he can do.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Conspiracy! Isn't the deadline for a college player to join the AHL coming soon? Maybe Lalegglia wanted his team to get bounced (just kidding!)

I heard this come up because of BU actually. O'Connor made it to the next round so he can't scratch a year off his deal. I'm not sure how that works but someone one some panel said that.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Conspiracy! Isn't the deadline for a college player to join the AHL coming soon? Maybe Lalegglia wanted his team to get bounced (just kidding!)

I heard this come up because of BU actually. O'Connor made it to the next round so he can't scratch a year off his deal. I'm not sure how that works but someone one some panel said that.

Friedman during the Saturday Headlines segment said that it was unlikely for O'Connor to be able to burn one because BU made the Frozen Four and there likely won't be any more games left in the NHL regular season once they win or get knocked out.

I think dnicks looked at the dates and if they lose out there many be a chance. But it sounds like he wants to visit his potential destinations before deciding.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Friedman during the Saturday Headlines segment said that it was unlikely for O'Connor to be able to burn one because BU made the Frozen Four and there likely won't be any more games left in the NHL regular season once they win or get knocked out.

I think dnicks looked at the dates and if they lose out there many be a chance. But it sounds like he wants to visit his potential destinations before deciding.

are we talking about signing players and putting them in the AHL like Calgary did with Morrison, or to scratch a year does it have to be in the NHL?

If it's AHL then this is a no-brainer. The Barons need reinforcements badly.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
are we talking about signing players and putting them in the AHL like Calgary did with Morrison, or to scratch a year does it have to be in the NHL?

If it's AHL then this is a no-brainer. The Barons need reinforcements badly.

Oh I apologize, I think misinterpreted your question. I was talking about him playing a game with the Oilers.

So the clear-day roster was to be decided around the NHL Trade Deadline in regards to NHL players to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. In O'Connor's case, I think if he signed with us he could be signed to an amateur try out (ATO) with Oklahoma.

I don't think playing in OKC would burn a year of a contract, or there may be a games played threshold. At any rate, I believe the ATO would maneuver around that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dangerous hit, if then head wasn't the principle point of contact the shoulder didn't take much of the impact. That said it's nice to see that he has a physical side to him, I've seen him get boarding majors in the past IIRC so he's not exactly a wallflower.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
^yup, 5' 9" or not, we have got to give him a chance to see what we have. he and Davidson and Betker could be the late round picks that make the NHL and contribute that we have all been waiting so long to get.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Dangerous hit, if then head wasn't the principle point of contact the shoulder didn't take much of the impact. That said it's nice to see that he has a physical side to him, I've seen him get boarding majors in the past IIRC so he's not exactly a wallflower.
The other guy needed to keep his head up though. Laleggia is not a tall guy in the slightest.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Thing is, in college hockey they supposedly have lower tolerance towards head hits like that, so it didn't surprise me that he got 5 + game for what he did. The announcer kept talking up how in NCAA hockey, it's a "black and white rule", and he wished the NHL would take a similar stance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad