2012 CBA/Lockout talk Part VII..Will a deal get done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My lastest idea to get the cap done...

give the owners their 5 year limit on contracts by saying only the first 5 years of a contract are guaranteed in full... contracts that extend beyond 5 years can be bought out for like 1/10th value. Players still get some protection if they want it but it hurts teams way less then current system. As an incentive to get players to sign longer term deals... say that full NTC are only eligible on contracts that exceed 5 years. Modified NTC are still eligible for shorter term deals but the whole NTC thing sucks so for the good of the game it should be altered anyhow.

replace the owners variance thing they wanted by saying that any player that retires from their contract early forfeits the highest paid year of salary back to the team. Such a harsh penalty would elliminate the worries of wink-wink-nudge-nudge that is going on now. Players would insist on sticking around to honor the deals they sign even if it takes them to 45 years old. If an owner tries to bury one of these special contacts in the minors then they owe a sum equal to the largest year of the contract to the players union. So basically it will cost big time money if any player signed to one of these whacky deals doesnt honor it in full. Then who cares if contracts are front loaded or not?

Make the CBA 10 years but play this year under the terms of the old CBA at a 57% split. The league needs to get going immediately and doesnt have time to negotiate all the fine print needed for a new contact. AND play next season at a 54% split for the players. I say this to replace the make whole money that is too complicated and is screwing everything up anyhow. Players just want to get what they feel was fairly bargained for them. It will take a couple seasons for teams to get under the new cap anyhow. Going to 50-50 immediately isnt very realistic.

so Players get their current contracts honored as they are asking for... owners get the 10 year deal they want... the transition becomes realistic.

I think my suggestions repersent fair give and take on all three of the big issues the owners want and still look after the players for the most part. If the buyout for long term deals needs to be a bit higher... then sure why not? Buyouts wont count against the cap under my plan. This is just an incentive to players.. mostly superstars that want to sign long term with a team in order to get full NTC and some insurance against injury. Most players arent good enough to get more then 5 year deals anyhow.

this whole lawsuit thing guarantees a lost season if it happens... doesnt matter who ultimately wins... it wont be good for hockey or us fans. Negotiate these 3 vital points for the owners... bend enough to address the owners concerns... and still try to give the players something for seeing reason. Make it happen

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If that's real (and I don't honestly know how to prove it) he's one of the turd-buckets that pizz off all the fans.

Although I do think he earned that money for decking Matt Cooke! ;)

But seriously, I hope this gets out a lot and all hockey fans can see it.

I suspect that if were seeing that pic here, we aren`t the only one`s. Both sides of this have PR issues, the players just continue to roll out ludicrous statements, which, has this fan shaking his head and thinking to myself how uneducated they are.

It`s probably not true, I`m sure many if not most are well spoken/reasonably intelligent individuals, however, regardless of emotions running high, regardless of how young a player might be, they HAVE to be able to distinguish between what may or may not be perceived as something wise when it comes to the media.

The younger players have been exposed to media coverage for years, and I just can`t buy the "inexperenced" or "immature" card that some will use as their defense

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/e...oesnt-seem-to-be-enjoying-his-time-in-finland

“The travel here is horrendous. It's worse than junior,” he said. “We'll fly into Helsinki then hop in a bus for four to six hours, meanwhile, we'll make three stops on a six-hour bus trip for no reason. It's awful.”

Although North America will never be mistaken for its culinary prowess like France or Italy, Turris quickly found out that it can get worse.

“The food here is awful,” he explained. “On the road, we eat at truck stops. ABC truck stops. I'm not kidding. We file out of the bus and head off beside the highway for a buffet truck stop pregame meal. It's ridiculous.”

Turris has always struck me as a pu**y.

And the inevitable backtrack.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/e...e-turris-backtracks-on-comments-about-finland

To whom it may concern:

I read an article in the Globe and Mail today regarding my experience in Oulu. It made me extremely upset that it was so negative, and that it had very inaccurate and untrue information. I really enjoyed my time in Oulu, and those who are around me know that. I want to make clear that the sole reason I left is because of personal reasons that required me to be home with my family. The entire Oulu organization treated me very well, and I feel terrible that people may now feel that I was not grateful to be a part of the organization. I know that I was very lucky to play for such an awesome organization that welcomed me with open arms and treated us very well. Everyone I met in Finland, the coaches, management, fans and people of Oulu were all very nice and made my time there a memorable one. I was also lucky to have great teammates, with whom I have made good friendships. For all this I am very thankful and wish the Karpat organization great success in the future.

Sincerely,
Kyle

Pampered Cherry. Maybe you shouldn't steal somebody elses job that gladly would have went through that to play hockey..

Last edited:

member 96824

At least Kane didnt use the hashtag #lockoutproblems

Anytime i see that, I want to punch them in the face...sorry Scottie Upshall..I dont give a **** you played golf and sat on the beach today.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have been a Bruins fan since 1972 and I was feeling apathetic until today when I realized how close Christmas is and there won't be anything happening until the new year now - that apathy has switched up to disdain which is much more dangerous.

I won't be paying for Game Centre or buying anything that gives the NHL a cent.

If there is a season, any Bruins games I watch will have to be when they happen to play a game against a Canadian team that is televised on regular cable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The National Center for Caring & Forgiveness has announced they no longer care about the NHL.:amazed:

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Very glad and proud every bruin has kept their damn mouths shut through this whole thing

I'd hate to be a hawks fan for example, if have a hard time rooting for toews again

They pretty much all took off for Europe and took other players jobs down there, I honestly don't think it's much better to be honest

Kaoz*

They pretty much all took off for Europe and took other players jobs down there, I honestly don't think it's much better to be honest

They took them because they're better at doing them. If those players really wanted to keep their jobs they should get better at hockey ;)

Besides, roster spots are never guaranteed year to year. Hell, they're never guaranteed game to game. I can't see that as wrong doing.

member 96824

Very glad and proud every bruin has kept their damn mouths shut through this whole thing

I'd hate to be a hawks fan for example, if have a hard time rooting for toews again

Toews wasn't as bad as some of these guys. I think his comments stemmed more from the straight fire and passion he has for the game while others truly believe they are mistreated(lol)

Im still a big Jon Toews fan

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
They took them because they're better at doing them. If those players really wanted to keep their jobs they should get better at hockey ;)

Obviously the NHL is the best hockey league in the world and the guys are a step or even 2 ahead of those leagues in Europe. It's easy to just take off to Europe, but what about getting involved in talks?

Kaoz*

Obviously the NHL is the best hockey league in the world and the guys are a step or even 2 ahead of those leagues in Europe. It's easy to just take off to Europe, but what about getting involved in talks?

I'm not sure how easy it would be for them to do regardless of where they are. Maybe they could affect the way things are going over here sitting at home moreso then they can playing hockey in Europe, I'm not sure.

I am sure though there isn't room for 720 players in these discussions with the league. I also know the PA hand picks what players do show up when players are allowed in.

Shawn Thornton is a perfect example. He's here, he's even offered to join the talks as a Bruins rep to no avail. He really hasn't done much to affect anything has he?

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I'm not sure how easy it would be for them to do regardless of where they are. Maybe they could affect the way things are going over here sitting at home moreso then they can playing hockey in Europe, I'm not sure.

I am sure though there isn't room for 720 players in these discussions with the league. I also know the PA hand picks what players do show up when players are allowed in.

Shawn Thornton is a perfect example. He's here, he's even offered to join the talks as a Bruins rep to no avail. He really hasn't done much to affect anything has he?

True I guess it's just me and being disappointed by all this. Just figured since Jacobs is involved big time (owners side) a player with leadership like Chara or Bergeron could have attended and see where the owners stand and give them the PA side. Anyways right now I just don't have much hope in a season

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
They are ripping Kane on Hockey Central.

Kypreos just called him DUMB. The host just called him an IDIOT.

McLean is losing it on the players coming home and they are praising Stamkos and Subban's charity game tonight in Toronto.

Absolutely he's an idiot. Doesn't he know how to be a hypocrite like his PA boss? Just look at a guy like Horcoff. He knows how to be a hypocrite.

Trot out the old familiar lines about how the players just keep giving and giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad