2012-2013 World Junior Championships (part II)

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Hey look at this Hockey Talk!!... Haven't been around here much cause of the lockout (Coping mechanism I guess)

Great game so far good thing I woke up for it

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
:laugh: So much for that - full steam ahead! Let's make this thing 9-8, as you suggested earlier! :nod: ;)

Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the defensive game by both teams. These juniors have ways to go before they reach Flyers and Jets level of run-and-gun hockey.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Romang... I'll be cheering for a Sweedish win (with an MVP performance by Trouba)...
I really would like Sweeden to get back-to-back golds after the increased popularity of the U20

I agree: I predict 4-3 Sweden, with 3 goals by Trouba. ;)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
On TSN they just said that the swedish roster has 13 players who will be eligible for the 2014 WJC in Sweden? They will dominate :amazed:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang... I'll be cheering for a Sweedish win (with an MVP performance by Trouba)...
I really would like Sweeden to get back-to-back golds after the increased popularity of the U20

That would be great for the 2014 WJC in Sweden. If not for the fact that some idiot decided to have the tournament in Malmö!:shakehead

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
On TSN they just said that the swedish roster has 13 players who will be eligible for the 2014 WJC in Sweden? They will dominate :amazed:

Fun fact. In Sweden, before we won WJC, our players born 1992 was seen as OK, 1993 was seen as a downright weak year for us. 1991 and 1990 was great, and 1994 and 1995 is, if I'm not mistaken, pretty damn good.

Also, I totally agree with a Swedish win and a dominant performance by Trouba. That would be a great birthday present for me.

*hint*

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What's wrong with Malmö?

The eastern part is one of the worst parts of a city in Europe. I guess they put it there so people could choose to go either to Denmark or to Malmö, but it's just stupid. If you want people who are just crazy about hockey, put it in Northern Sweden. If you want to showcase Sweden, put it in Stockholm, or possibly Gotenburg.

I honestly don't see why you would put it in Malmö. Other than the fact that they have a pretty new and nice arena to play in. The city as a whole is ok, but it's nothing compared to Stockholm or Gotenburg, parts of the city is downright dangerous. Sure, you can avoid those parts pretty easily, but you shouldn't have to if you're visiting a city in Sweden to watch hockey IMO.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
A city that is downright dangerous in SWEDEN?

That's about the most wrong sounding fact I've heard in a long time :D I thought Sweden is so calm and peaceful with very few jobless people, the best school education in Europe and a high standard of life quality.

That's pretty much what we think about Sweden, allthough I've never been there unfortunatley :( I learned some Swedish on the train ride to school when I was bored at the age of 16.

Jag heter Chris, jag kommer fran Mannheim, Deutschland. YAY :handclap:

... that's all I remember.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The eastern part is one of the worst parts of a city in Europe. I guess they put it there so people could choose to go either to Denmark or to Malmö, but it's just stupid. If you want people who are just crazy about hockey, put it in Northern Sweden. If you want to showcase Sweden, put it in Stockholm, or possibly Gotenburg.

I honestly don't see why you would put it in Malmö. Other than the fact that they have a pretty new and nice arena to play in. The city as a whole is ok, but it's nothing compared to Stockholm or Gotenburg, parts of the city is downright dangerous. Sure, you can avoid those parts pretty easily, but you shouldn't have to if you're visiting a city in Sweden to watch hockey IMO.

Thats the same as it used to be here in Canada.

Put the tourney in a smaller center where you can grab the attention of the whole city. Its only recently that they started hosting it in NHL cities

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
A city that is downright dangerous in SWEDEN?

That's about the most wrong sounding fact I've heard in a long time :D I thought Sweden is so calm and peaceful with very few jobless people, the best school education in Europe and a high standard of life quality.

That's pretty much what we think about Sweden, allthough I've never been there unfortunatley :( I learned some Swedish on the train ride to school when I was bored at the age of 16.

Jag heter Chris, jag kommer fran Mannheim, Deutschland. YAY :handclap:

... that's all I remember.

Yeah... we stopped that. Now we're going for the most immigrants taken in without any sign of integration or plans. And it's showing.

But that's waaaay OT, back to hockey!:laugh:

Nice Swedish btw!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ritchie! 5-5. Getting closer to 9-8. :D

BTW Romang67 - Happy B'day, from someone who had their birthday yesterday. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad