Speculation: 2012/2013 Prediction Thread

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Post a prediction about this season and we'll see what comes true. Assume a 50 game season...I'm going crazy with some of these.

Blues finish third in the Western Conference, first in the Central.

Pietrangelo goes 7/29/36 in just 48 games...A pace that would have him scoring 60 in 82.

Berglund and Stewart find their chemistry again...Thanks to Perron's breakout season. I'm thinking 42 points for Perron.

Tarasenko pots 18 goals...A sign of things to come.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
5th in the west, 2nd in central

i'm bad in predictions and its even harder this season so I won't say anything about personal stats, think its better this way. all I say is that I think Vlad will have a decent season and will already be an impact player

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm going with 4th in the West, 2nd in the central behind the Hawks.

EDIT: Does anyone have a link to the schedule if it has been publicized yet?

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'm going with 4th in the West, 2nd in the central behind the Hawks.

EDIT: Does anyone have a link to the schedule if it has been publicized yet?

They are still working on the schedule. They will all be in conference games for the regular season.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Didn't we have like the most players in the league playing overseas? We should be ready to go and hopefully start quick. Our young skill could get a jump on some teams.

Call me optimistic but I honestly wouldn't be surprised with a SCF appearance, Calder for Tank and Norris nomination for Petro.

This team is looking bright.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We don't have a lot of turnover, I don't think we should have any Tkachunk's, and the schedule should favor teams with a goalie tandem. I'm expecting a very good regular season. Detroit and Nashville could have some troubles with their losses on the blue line.

We win the division and we'll see what happens in the playoffs. If we can the old Stewart back and if Tarasenko makes an impact, we will be very dangerous.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
Blues vs Rags in SCF.

Tarasenko wins Calder but Schultz is runner up.

Pietrangelo will be known as the best dman in the league. finishes 12-38-50

Perron will be the leading goal scored with 20+.

Hitchcock sign another extension.

Carla scores for the Blues against the Wings.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues were only one point short of having t he TOP record in The NHL last season. Why would you expect the to regress, when they have mostly young players, who, with another year under their belts should only improve their games, plus adding Tarasenko and Schwartz?

I'd say that they should win The Central Division, and finish no lower than 2nd in the conference, and if things go right, they should at least make the conference finals.

Blues finish 34-12-4 1st in Central, 2nd in West (to Vancouver), lose to Rangers in The Stanley Cup Finals.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The Blues were only one point short of having t he TOP record in The NHL last season. Why would you expect the to regress, when they have mostly young players, who, with another year under their belts should only improve their games, plus adding Tarasenko and Schwartz?

I'd say that they should win The Central Division, and finish no lower than 2nd in the conference, and if things go right, they should at least make the conference finals.

Blues finish 34-12-4 1st in Central, 2nd in West (to Vancouver), lose to Rangers in The Stanley Cup Finals.

I can understand it, I don't think anyone expects regression when it comes to a full season, however under a shortened season each game has more meaning. If we get off to a slow start it hurts us more.

A young team could be an advantage, or it could mean that they haven't been as prepared for their return as the more experienced players in terms of fitness. Or the lack of team practices could hurt us more.

The more I think about it, the more optimistic I am though. I think we'll win the Conference. I think Oshie might start the season quite slowly, but other than than we'll hopefully be fine.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
With all the games being in conference, I could see them going back in the conference standings.

My biggest concern is goaltending, if Halak has another slow start and Elliott doesn't play as well as he did last year the shortened season will hurt their standing in the conference.

My prediction for the season is 5th or 4th in the conference, but if Tarasenko has a strong start I could see them finishing in the top three if the goaltending is strong, and they don't have any serious injuries to their top players.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Do the Blues still need to add salary, or are they good now?

We are way above the cap floor. The cap was going to be over $70m under the old CBA, putting the cap floor at over $54m! The cap floor is now $44m, and I think we are around $53m.

Transition year means that teams can spend $70m this season. 2013/14 the cap will be $64.3m and the floor will remain at $44m. With the number of RFA's we'll be looking to get signed, we will still be in a very comfortable position cap wise.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Tarasenko has had a good head start in getting in shape and rhythm and timing. He should come out strong, early, in relation to other rookies that have just been working out and not competing in serious league games. I think he'll have a good chance to win The Calder Trophy, if he clicks with his new linemates.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
They are still working on the schedule. They will all be in conference games for the regular season.

They have 2 schedules finished and ready, but they cannot release one until they know if the season is going to start on the 15th or the 19th. It depends on how long it takes to finalize the details of the CBA and then the owners and players have to vote before camp can start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad