OT: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion Thread: Defense? What is defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Gotta love how Carmelo stands there. I think ive seen enough of him.

Last edited:

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Should've been a sweep. Celtics had no business extending this series to 6. I'm very concerned for this team in later rounds after what Melo pulled.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Indiana will beat us

indiana struggled with atlanta. doubt we shoot as ****** as we did in the past few games against indiana, but we need to play much much smarter. woodson needs to bench jr and melo the 1st time they take a horrendous shot with no ball movement.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
JR and Melo are just two of the most selfish player in the league.

I am always absolutely astonished that this Knicks team is considered one of the top teams in the NBA when they have no concept of how to run an offense. 4 guys standing, Melo dribbling. And then there are pure examples of how to run an offense yet refuse to do it.

4-5 possessions in a row consisted of Melo dribbling 1 on 1 tossing up a brick and the Celtics rebounding. Then next possession Felton collapses the Celtics D, kicks it out to an open Melo at the top of the arc, and he buries the 3. It's like the bell never goes off in their head, "Hey maybe if we pass the ****ing ball, we can score easier."

Shumpert, Prigioni and Chandler had absolutely terrific games. Shumpert and Chandler were just unbelievable on defense. It was amazing to watch. Shumpert knocked down some big shots, create some big turnovers and that awesome putback slam. Chandler just played hard defense like he always does. Prigioni moves the ball so well. Clyde hit the nail right on the head when he said good things seem to happen when Prigioni is out there. I feel deprived that he never played in the NBA til this year at the age of 35.

Bring on the Pacers. Won't be surprised if Reggie Miller suits up and goes 70% from beyond the arc against the Knicks, just like old times.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
the good news is that we won this series with JR and Melo playing terribly. I mean melo and JR cant play any worse than they did this series. Maybe Boston is a bad matchup for them

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Shumpert is BACK. He was my favorite Knick last year and i was so pissed that he got hurt. Its been a long road for him to get back to normal BUT not only is he back to the level he was last year he looks better

BarbaraAlphanse

the good news is that we won this series with JR and Melo playing terribly. I mean melo and JR cant play any worse than they did this series. Maybe Boston is a bad matchup for them

They get under their skin, especially when Garnett is playing.

Indiana has no one of that caliber to defend/get under Melo's skin. Maybe Stevenson but Melo and him have major respect for each other. Melo and Garnett? None.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
They get under their skin, especially when Garnett is playing.

Indiana has no one of that caliber to defend/get under Melo's skin. Maybe Stevenson but Melo and him have major respect for each other. Melo and Garnett? None.
I was more nervous at playing boston more than indiana. Dont get me wrong the pacers are good but Boston is tougher defensively and they have had so much success with their veteran core. We beat indiane without tyson kenyon and amare last time. They will all be back

Kershaw

indiana struggled with atlanta. doubt we shoot as ****** as we did in the past few games against indiana, but we need to play much much smarter. woodson needs to bench jr and melo the 1st time they take a horrendous shot with no ball movement.

I dunno man, Indiana is a better, tougher and more skilled version of the celtics

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I dunno man, Indiana is a better, tougher and more skilled version of the celtics
i dont know about that, Celtics are much more battle tested. The celtucs have dealt with many injuries the pasr 5 years and still were still a good playoff team. We beat Indiana for the 2 seed without tyson martin and amare. We have all those guys this time. Im not saying Indiane is easy but they'e easier than boston at least against us

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
i dont know about that, Celtics are much more battle tested. The celtucs have dealt with many injuries the pasr 5 years and still were still a good playoff team. We beat Indiana for the 2 seed without tyson martin and amare. We have all those guys this time. Im not saying Indiane is easy but they'e easier than boston at least against us

And I don't see Indiana players pulling little ******** antics or trying to goad the Knicks like the Celtics have.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hawks are a better team than Celtics. Should be a good series. Pacers are one of the best defensive teams in NBA along with Bulls and Grizzlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad