Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Norfolk is tied with Albany after 2 periods. The Whale desperately need Albany to win tonight.

In other news, former Whales Kolarik and JAM are tied for 3rd in AHL scoring this season. Another former Ranger Taffe is 2nd. Newbury is 9th.

=============================

EDIT

Oh baby! Albany scored with under 3 minutes to go in the game!

EDIT: Game over. At least Albany helped us. The Whale and Norfolk have one game left, while M&Ms and Hershey have two. Everyone is at 74 points.

Last edited:

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Norfolk is tied with Albany after 2 periods. The Whale desperately need Albany to win tonight.

In other news, former Whales Kolarik and JAM are tied for 3rd in AHL scoring this season. Another former Ranger Taffe is 2nd. Newbury is 9th.

Albany leading with 1 minute to go :handclap:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
WHALE WATCHING

Collins with a huge hit, but it resulted in a penalty against him. Killed off.

Whale hit the post.

GOAL: Wrister from the blue line, tipped, score. Disgusting collapse by the Whale the last 8 days.

Several good saves by Talbot.

GOAL: Talbot gives up a bad rebound that he should've caught. 2-0.

GOAL: Lane made MCI look like he never played hockey before on a 1 on 1 situation, then scored on a self-created breakaway. 3-0. The season is essentially over. Unbelievable.

Talbot is pulled. The Mission is in

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Talbot out, Missiaen in. For all those thinking Talbot will be a backup in the NHL next year, probably have Sean Collins and Mike Vernace replacing Staal and McDonagh penciled in too lol

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Whatever this AHL team is named next year, they need a fresh/new EVERYTHING, coaches, goalies, players...

Talbot, Mission and Stajcer in reallity are nothing more than OK goalies, none of them with an NHL future if you are judging them honestly... They need a legit vet 3rd string NHL goalie and and a regular avg. Career backup.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
After such a strong season, it's sad that this is how it will end for Talbot. One of his few bad games came in the last game of the season.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik scored on a bad angle goal after a bunch of players were unable to score on good opportunities.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Main reason why he won't make it full time in the NHL: no consistency whatsoever.

In his defense, he was very much overworked this year and it's his first season as the Whale's starter. Hell, even tonight, the Whale gave away 16 shots in the first 16 minutes. You can't allow the goalie to get that much action. Normally, he keeps them in games, but what happened tonight is what I always said would happen if Talbot didn't play well.

I want to see what he does next year. If he keeps improving, there's no reason he won't be ready to play in 2014-15 as a full-time back-up, and as early as next year as an occasional fill-in if one of the two regular goalies are injured.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
Talbot was handled in a weird way this year. Overworked for more than half the season and then rested in the most bizarre fashion. Wasn't there two weekends in a row where he didn't play at all? He could have been banged up, but still, he was dressed and COULD play.

3-1 after two, can these dudes work some magic for me please? Ugh.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
LMAO. This would be the most embarassing clinch ever:

AmericanHockeyLeague ‏@TheAHL
HER clinches last playoff spot with win Sun. NOR clinches if they get 1 more point than HER does. CT clinches if HER/NOR both lose in reg.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
Norfolk plays Providence, the best team in the league, and Hershey plays the capable Manchester. Of course, both Norfolk and Hershey have more to play for, but that sometimes means nothing (aka CT Whale).

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LMAO. This would be the most embarassing clinch ever:

AmericanHockeyLeague ‏@TheAHL
HER clinches last playoff spot with win Sun. NOR clinches if they get 1 more point than HER does. CT clinches if HER/NOR both lose in reg.

I'll take it.

One freakin' point out of 12 in the last 6 games. Unreal. If they merely played .250 hockey, they would've made the playoffs right now without having to wait for tomorrow. I was certain they are in. Who knew they would completely collapse at the end.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
I'll take it.

One freakin' point out of 12 in the last 6 games. Unreal. If they merely played .250 hockey, they would've made the playoffs right now without having to wait for tomorrow. I was certain they are in. Who knew they would completely collapse at the end.

We all said the same thing: the only thing keeping them from the postseason would be a collapse. This is it. But yeah, I'd take it as well. It could definitely happen. I just want to go to another Whale game this season! Tomorrow will be interesting.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Horrible way to end the year. Would have been great for the prospects to get in on some PO action.

Guess there's still a glimmer of hope, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :pout:

9darter

Kreider is underpaid
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2007
Göteborg
Sorry guys, I'm a bit lost here. So what you're saying is they could still get in? Even when they're in 10th with zero games left to play? Some weird tiebreaker rules in the AHL....

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sorry guys, I'm a bit lost here. So what you're saying is they could still get in? Even when they're in 10th with zero games left to play? Some weird tiebreaker rules in the AHL....

Whale is tied for points with Norfolk Admirals and Hershey Bears with 79 points each...

Both of those teams are playing better teams today, so there is a slight chance that both can lose...

If they do lose, the Whale lead in Regulation + Overtime Wins (Wins excluding shootouts), which puts them in 8th place.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay...ament_id=0&leagueId=4&division_id=-1&confId=0

Its not on that page, but the Whales' ROW is 33, higher than any of the teams in the race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad