OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think the season is gone. Just doesn't seem like they want to take this seriously and get it done. If they did they would be meeting around the clock.

They're just too wrapped up in the negotiation at this point - specifically the power and the leverage aspect. Both sides are sitting around waiting for the other to bend and come crawling back to the table - to show that sign of weakness.

The handful of people that can swing this thing are not concerned about any sort of end-game that would be beneficial to the game or its fans.

Ive already put limited funds into the league after the 2004-2005 lockout, and that was a lockout that at least revolved around a fundamental battle of the league's financial model. I wont put another dime into the league for the rest of my life if they can't pull this season out - specifically because the issues delaying a deal amount to nothing but "rich guy problems" on both sides.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
i can't believe we've had 10 of these. just terrible. all parties involved should be ashamed of of themselves.

Fans who show up for games after this should be the most ashamed. Both sides took a huge dump on the fans again.

Want to make a statement? Stay home.

But people won't and they will whine again when the next dump comes.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
At this point, I've come to believe that both sides are playing a high stakes poker game waiting to see who will blink first before a self-proposed blackout date during the beginning of January.

How does it feel to be a chip in the game.....because that is what we are.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
At this point, I've come to believe that both sides are playing a high stakes poker game waiting to see who will blink first before a self-proposed blackout date during the beginning of January.

How does it feel to be a chip in the game.....because that is what we are.

I always knew I was a chip in the game for the owners.

It never occurred to me that I was a chip in the game for the players.

If they miss another season, What are the players going to give me as an incentive to come back? A free signature?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Rangers will have to do very little to bring people back, except win games. It's the small market teams who will have to give fans lots of incentives to come back.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Fans who show up for games after this should be the most ashamed. Both sides took a huge dump on the fans again.

And the people who have already paid for tickets for this season--what are they supposed to do? Teams aren't giving refunds to fans who cancel now.

Each fan has to make their own decision on if and how they will react to this fiasco.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And the people who have already paid for tickets for this season--what are they supposed to do? Teams aren't giving refunds to fans who cancel now.

Each fan has to make their own decision on if and how they will react to this fiasco.

They can sell their tickets. You either continue to be a pawn or you kick em in the balls.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If we weren't a cup contender, I wouldn't be as pissed off. The fact that we could have won a cup this season is what's getting me SO ANGRY.

Not to mention, CBJ has our 1st round pick this season, imagine if they won the draft lottery? :cry::cry:

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011

What's even worse is the people who feel they are the authority on what people should do after the lockout and say nobody should care about the NHL and hockey but continue to post on these boards on this subject. :shakehead
Go post on a Knicks message board.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If we weren't a cup contender, I wouldn't be as pissed off. The fact that we could have won a cup this season is what's getting me SO ANGRY.

Not to mention, CBJ has our 1st round pick this season, imagine if they won the draft lottery? :cry::cry:

I know man. It could not have come at a worse time. Infuriating. :rant:

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
haha, from the main board!!
According to Michel Bergeron (ex-NHL Coach), his source tells him it is a DONE DEAL (his words) and the players will be back on the ice on January 1st with a season starting before January 10.

Video in french but you can see the ''Done Deal'' written when it is his time to speak (Starts at 3:00): http://ac.rds.ca/

Safe to say we have to take this with a grain of salt but to be fair he was on the air pretty much all lockout and it's the first time he comes up with such a bold ''scoop''

So there you have it, folks!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
A couple of usually-pessimistic NHL people predicted to me, about a CBA deal...
...that we'll still have a season. Nobody wants to go through a court process. They believe that these are final scare tactics before they make a deal.

Do I believe them? I have no idea anymore. I really don't have a gut feeling on this thing anymore. Not that my "gut feelings" ever mattered a hill of beans in this.

"Too many owners want to play for this season to be wiped out", said one 30-year veteran of the game as a player and in management told me.

http://sulia.com/adater/

Management will need to improve their offer. Its still take it or leave it.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

I would want them to win it. What do I care if a Western conference team is good? Would you prefer that Pitt takes another #1? Or that the Devils team that is out of prospects and with a lot of UFAs be able to rebuild itself with a superstar drafted first overall? Would it be good if the Isles got another #1 to add to their already very strong young core (their forwards were already good and this year they drafted another 7 defensemen)? Do you want the #1 to go to Philthy? Boston? Washington?

But the biggest reason I'd want CBJ to win it is that we'll get the #1 overall pick in every subsequent round. I'd much rather get a #31 in the second round where we can get a Skjei-like talent than if we get a #59 in the second round where our guy has statistically a 12-13% chance of playing in the NHL.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I will take bets with anyone that this season won't be canceled.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
We should be able to bet our vcash on whether or not the season will be canceled. Who's a bookie we need someone to set the odds lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad