WJC: 2011 WJC in Buffalo

• Thread starter MSG the place to be*
  • Start date

kurri_17

Jul 10, 2006
K-W
Slightly off topic but right now I saw them only selling packages, does anyone know when single game tickets are becoming available? Are most of the games (From the Canada/USA angle) going to be held at the HSBC Arena?

Might as well make my way across the border and help create an atmosphere, which BTW I do believe will be a good one. Buffalo is a good hockey town and sits on the border. Both American and Canadian games should have a loud crowd.

You might never see singles.. it depends on how the packages sell and with it being in range of southern ontario (<~2hrs drive to the entire GTA, Hamilton, KW, London), they might just sell out.

I have a feeling that at least half the building will be Canadians. I intend to buy 4 sets of the cheaper package myself and drive down each day.

kurri_17

Jul 10, 2006
K-W
i have been looking into tickets since last night, and I have no idea what team is going to play in what arena, they do not clarify that. I am sure that the US will be at the HSBC arena, but they are only offering 17 game packages right now. I only want the medal round games but they are not up there yet. I already told my wife get ready for even colder weather next December, because we are going to Buffalo baby!!

the packages are still pretty reasonably priced though.

US and Canadian games should be at HSBC... they have the size to handle the crowds and the TV facilities needed. It seems logical at least. Latvia vs Belarus will be at the other place...
If they don't do it that way, they are idiots. You want to get as many seats filled as possible to garner concession income and parking income as well -- Canada and US games (along with Russia and perhaps Sweden) probably offer the greatest opportunity to fill up as much of HSBC as possible.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You might never see singles.. it depends on how the packages sell and with it being in range of southern ontario (<~2hrs drive to the entire GTA, Hamilton, KW, London), they might just sell out.

I have a feeling that at least half the building will be Canadians. I intend to buy 4 sets of the cheaper package myself and drive down each day.

That's true. The other option is buy a package and sell the extra tickets on Stubhub or something similar which is also a risk that the return might not be great.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
i have been looking into tickets since last night, and I have no idea what team is going to play in what arena, they do not clarify that. I am sure that the US will be at the HSBC arena, but they are only offering 17 game packages right now. I only want the medal round games but they are not up there yet. I already told my wife get ready for even colder weather next December, because we are going to Buffalo baby!!

the packages are still pretty reasonably priced though.

Actually you'll have much warmer weather than in Saskatoon...Buffalo will probably be in the mid 20's / low 30s instead of subzero. The issue will be snow not the cold.

peicurler91

Mar 15, 2008
PEI
Gonna be some good hockey in group B. I can't wait. It's going to be tough for the States come playoff time. It will be a really good tournament, the Germans usually have a half decent team (not a Team Canada or Team Sweden) but they can definitely pull off a upset. I dunno what to expect from Norway. You would think that they would have a good team being a Scandinavian country but I guess if they weren't in the tournament the past few years they must not have a good team.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Canadians in Buffalo?

How many Canadian fans will be driving down or will be in Buffalo for the World Juniors next year? I intend to drive down and watch gold medal game and cheer for Canada.

I'm sure there will be a ton of us down there when the juniors begin.:laugh:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Whoa, the standings fell perfectly for the USA. Stamp their ticket to the semi-finals already. I like this group for Canada though, I think this year may have hurt them a bit. They only played two meaningful games, both against the Americans and one of them was in the final. Next year Canada will get some tough games prior to when it really counts. Plus we don't have to sit through as many blowouts.

This is great news for Canadian fans. There will only be one blowout game in the round robin (Norway). The rest should be competitive. Depends how good the Czechs are though. Looking forward to Canada v Sweden/Russia.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
I think this pool split is exactly what the organizers wanted. Canada and the US in separate pools guarantees that the Hockey USA will be rolling in money.

If they are in separate groups then they will play on different days and that ensures that the 18,500 people will pack HSBC Arena every single night of the tournament for as long as Canada and the Americans are in it.

A gold medal rematch would be intense to say the least.

StianBek

Jun 25, 2007
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but Anybody by any chance know this guy? In the yellow shirt

e2b7df1af8d43127e92b69186331f315.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad