Prospect Info: 2011 7th round (204th overall) - C Ryan Dzingel

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Overage again like our Mccormick and both are going to University of Ohio. Hopefully they can help out eachother

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
The guy has had one hell of a rookie tournament and pre-season.

The only question is that with our centers being so young where does he fit in?
Turris
Zibby
Pag
Paul

That seems to be the thinking for next year anyway, what happens with Dzingel? He's got high end skill and a good shot. I can see him playing the Pag role but Pag is young and local so hard to see them trading him away unless he regresses.

So how do you maximize his value? Do you play him in the NHL over Paul next year and then trade him? What do you do?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
The guy has had one hell of a rookie tournament and pre-season.

The only question is that with our centers being so young where does he fit in?
Turris
Zibby
Pag
Paul

That seems to be the thinking for next year anyway, what happens with Dzingel? He's got high end skill and a good shot. I can see him playing the Pag role but Pag is young and local so hard to see them trading him away unless he regresses.

So how do you maximize his value? Do you play him in the NHL over Paul next year and then trade him? What do you do?

They've been playing him at LW in the preseason.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Well then that means you have the following:
McArthur (signed long term)
Hoffman (I believe in Hoffman so I think he cements a role this year)
Michalek (another 2 years?)
Prince/Puempel/Chiasson

Still heavily crowded

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
See if he can do well on the PK. Becomes a tremendous asset in the bottom 6 with that skill.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No worries. Every team gets injuries. If he has progressed enough, he should see some time with the big club when guys start to drop.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, that's the only way I see this guy making it in the bigs. He's not big enough to be a center. Before you mention Pageau, that guy is special. I don't think Dzingel is at the same level defensively nor in tenacity.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Yeah, that's the only way I see this guy making it in the bigs. He's not big enough to be a center. Before you mention Pageau, that guy is special. I don't think Dzingel is at the same level defensively nor in tenacity.

It's a little silly to say that. Pageau is awesome, I love him, but hes the same size and have about the same skill. If Pag regresses a comparable player is Dzingel. He doesn't have that tenacity but he is still more comparable to Pageau than any other center on the team right now.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Hope the guy pans out, but I remember when Bobby Butler tore it up in preseason. This Dzingle guy is going to win that award for preseasons overratted star on the sens.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hope the guy pans out, but I remember when Bobby Butler tore it up in preseason. This Dzingle guy is going to win that award for preseasons overratted star on the sens.

The difference to me is that Dzingle looks like a guy that can play in the bottom six, where as Buttler was top 6 or bust.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
And he hasn't really come out of nowhere.

This is only his 2nd year of pro and he looked good last season in preseason then progressed nicely throughout the season in the A.

He has been my darkhorse for a little while now so I expect him to put up some really nice numbers in Bingo this year and prove he deserves some looks with Ottawa. He dropped the mitts a few times last season too and did quite well for himself...he has an edge which separates him from some of the pack.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
We finally have the depth to develop prospects until they are over ripe (ALA DET) so he probably won't even get a sniff of NHL action for at least 1 1 and and a half seasons. Callups before him would be: Puempel/O'Dell/Robinson/McCormick in my opinion (this is assuming prince makes the team full time this year

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
We finally have the depth to develop prospects until they are over ripe (ALA DET) so he probably won't even get a sniff of NHL action for at least 1 1 and and a half seasons. Callups before him would be: Puempel/O'Dell/Robinson/McCormick in my opinion (this is assuming prince makes the team full time this year

Yeah exactly.

It takes pretty special players to be ready to play any role in the league before they reach near-max physical maturity. The organization now has the depth to wait, like Detroit does and used to, for lower round players to develop until 23-24 before seeing what they have. There will probably be a couple more Mike Hoffman types over the next 4-5 years.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It's a little silly to say that. Pageau is awesome, I love him, but hes the same size and have about the same skill. If Pag regresses a comparable player is Dzingel. He doesn't have that tenacity but he is still more comparable to Pageau than any other center on the team right now.

Actually JGP is a bit smaller, but that's splitting hairs. I don't follow your point. You seem all over the place. There is just no room for a smallish center on this team. The only way he makes it on the team is on the wing I think.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I like the way Dzingel plays as well as McCormick but agree there are a number of players who could be ahead of him depth wise. Dzingel has had a good summer & training camp playing centre & LW & has done quite well in both positions. He has speed, tenacity, determination & plays a little on the edge with a motor that doesn't stop, same for McCormick. If Pageau got hurt they may look at Dzingel but I would have to think that they would either move Lazar to centre first or maybe callup Paul who the organization seems very high on right now. But to echo others they have lots of depth right now at almost every position, I also think Lindberg has all the makings of a very good pro player.

BigBush*

really like Dzingel, very solid all around game, but i just dont think he is quite good enough to become a regular NHL player. would love to be wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad