Prospect Info: 2011 7th round (204th overall) - C Ryan Dzingel

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Dzingel will get a true shot next year. As a centre he's behind Paul. As a LW he's behind Puempel. Paul can play both as well. Be interesting to see who he has to beat out. Hoffman, MacArthur and Prince will be set.

Assuming the Top 8 remains and Michalek goes, Puempel gets that spot and its open season after that. He reminds me of Condra with his speed and energy, but with a better percentage of completion. Wonder if he can develop to play the RW side as well.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dzingel will get a true shot next year. As a centre he's behind Paul. As a LW he's behind Puempel. Paul can play both as well. Be interesting to see who he has to beat out. Hoffman, MacArthur and Prince will be set.

Assuming the Top 8 remains and Michalek goes, Puempel gets that spot and its open season after that. He reminds me of Condra with his speed and energy, but with a better percentage of completion. Wonder if he can develop to play the RW side as well.

Dzingel's outperformed Puempel easily this pre-season. I'll give Puemps benefit of doubt cause he looked awesome in 4th line role in regular season last year but he's gonna need to show why he's the candidate for 1st LW opening soon or he'll lose it to Prince then Puemps.

BigBush*

he has a long way to go before getting a shot, assuming you mean a shot at playing with the Senators

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Does he make the team this year? I hope he gets a chance white Brassard - Ryan. His speed is much needed.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Does he make the team this year? I hope he gets a chance white Brassard - Ryan. His speed is much needed.

I think there's a very good chance he does. He seems much more capable in a bottom six role than Puempel does and I just don't see Puempel challenging for a top six role with Mac back.

Barring an outstanding camp, I think the team will cut ties with Puempel by October, solidifying Dzingel's spot on the team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think there's a very good chance he does. He seems much more capable in a bottom six role than Puempel does and I just don't see Puempel challenging for a top six role with Mac back.

Barring an outstanding camp, I think the team will cut ties with Puempel by October, solidifying Dzingel's spot on the team.

Dzingel seems a little more like the kind of player Boucher tends to like on his teams than Puempel is.

That being said, it might be worth trying one of those two guys on the RW to see how they take to playing their off-wing before we make decisions about cutting ties. I hope they both get a shot to audition for that last LW spot in camp, but I also hope we explore all of our options before making a decision.

If Dorion is trying to get ahead of this, he's maybe already working the phones and setting up a "we have too many forwards, let us get to September and figure out which one we want, and we'll trade you the other one before camp ends for a pick / defenceman" kind of trade. Puempel might be the victim of a numbers game here in Ottawa because we have lots of depth on that side, but there's a pretty good chance he gets claimed on waivers, IMO. LW is traditionally the shallowest forward position, and there are a few teams with just absolute garbage depth on the left side who might see him as a free wallet and give him a year to see if he belongs in the league.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Give the kids a line.

Paul-Lazar-Dzingel

Lazar needs to feel that he's the leader of his line, in order for him to take the next step and get some confidence.

I think. :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Give the kids a line.

Paul-Lazar-Dzingel

Lazar needs to feel that he's the leader of his line, in order for him to take the next step and get some confidence.

I think. :)

That Kid Line ship sailed when Dorion signed Kelly after Murray signed Neil. Puempel will get the spot due to waiver issues while Paul and/or Dzingel will be in the AHL or possibly be the 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad