2010 NHL Draft: New Jersey Devils get few selections, fewer rewards at 2010 draft

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Re: Jacobs...

If I'm not mistaken, he played in every Spartans game this year. In addition to that, (as mentioned before) he played in all situations. He did all this as a true freshman in a tough conference. IMHO, his development / progression seems to be going pretty well. As it always is with prospects, how he builds on his past year is key. Right now, I see no reason as to why his positive progression shouldn't continue.

That's correct. Jacobs played in all 35 games this year. I really like his progression so far, in case I haven't made that clear enough before :sarcasm:

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll do next season.

GhostofKenKlee

If I had to do it all again, I would trade picks 2-7 for the 1st. overall.

Taylor Hall would be a Devil....

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Re: Jacobs...

If I'm not mistaken, he played in every Spartans game this year. In addition to that, (as mentioned before) he played in all situations. He did all this as a true freshman in a tough conference. IMHO, his development / progression seems to be going pretty well. As it always is with prospects, how he builds on his past year is key. Right now, I see no reason as to why his positive progression shouldn't continue.

It's not easy for a college frosh but I'd like to see vast improvement out of him next season.
He got coned too often in the games that I watched.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
No one should be barred from criticism, but my god, just add a tiny bit of context.

I would say our 2003 through 2008 is significantly better... Parise alone is better than that entire Detroit list but add

Parise
Zajac
Fanyne
Oduya
Greene
Clarkson
Halishuk who returned Arnott
Bergfors, Cormier who helped return Kovalchuk
Nick Palmieri who helped return Zidlicky

Henrique

Is wildly better quality than that Detroit list.

Really, that's the point I was trying to make. That was Detroit's biggest streak of poor picks in recent memory. Compare that to what happens when the Devils don't draft well. Just think that you had to cite Halischuk, Bergfors, and Palmieri as draft successes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad