2010 HFNHL Off-Season, Trades, Draft, Free Agency & 2010/11 setup

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Gents,

Now that we have concluded the 2009/10 season we're going to move into the off-season with the removal of the trade freeze. HOWEVER, please note that Tony will be away this weekend and that Sean is in the middle of finals. Because of that, trade approvals from the DoPP office will be very slow, with the possibility that the DoPP office may not approve your trades for up to a week, especially given the flood that's expected. Sean has advised me that Wednesday next week (June 8) is the most likely day for trades to get final approvals.

PLEASE DO NOT harass or constantly quiz the DoPP office about trade approvals. We are well ahead of schedule and there will be enough time after approvals and before the draft/free agency.

Also - I'm about to find out what the Sim is like in off-season mode for the first time... so please be patient with files updates etc.

There will soon be new sticky threads regarding free agency, Qualifying Offers etc.

This thread will contain information regarding important upcoming dates and will be your place to ask questions.

Default101

Ughhh I sent in a trade like.. 4 hours ago and it hasn't been approved yet!!! :sarcasm:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Thanks for the DoPP notice Matt. Tony and I will try and have a discussion on how to approach things today, but we don't want to start wading through what is already a mass of trades and stopping half-way. With five term papers due in the next week, umh, it's probably not worth it to get your trades through too. I might make it conditional on you doing some editing for me.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Updates

UPDATES:

We've officially begun

Completed:

Set Up 2011 Season
Update Links on www.hfnhl.com

My To Do List:

- Trades
- Free Agent Re-Signings
- Finances (Pool Winnings, Endorsements, Playoff Earnings, Awards)
- Euros/Retirements

VERSION 2

Also - we'll be switching to v.2 for next summer. V.2 is now version 0.9.9 and offers some good upgrades for us, the biggest being that it uses actual birthdays for the players so free agency will be easier to track.

Unfortunately we can't import our present season until after the Entry Draft is input. So I imagine that we'll switch to V.2 after the real NHL draft, and before our free agency begins.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
UPDATES June 3, 2010

FIND THE FILES HERE: http://www.hfnhl.com/2011/Index.html

Completed:

Set Up 2011 Season
Trades
Free Agents
Finances

My To Do List:

- Sit back and get drunk!

Please check that you've inherited all the monies owed, that all approved trades are processed, and all contract re-signings have been updated.

Any errors should be noted and posted in this thread. Thank you!

Last edited:

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Thanks for updating this.

I only noticed a few things with the Senators:

Henrik Zetterberg was resigned to $7,000,000 x 4
Brian Gionta was resigned to $5,000,000 x 3
Tomas Holmstrom was resigned to $2,500,000 x 1
Michael Peca retired

That's all I've got. Cheers.

Default101

FIND THE FILES HERE: http://www.hfnhl.com/2011/Index.html

Completed:

Set Up 2011 Season
Trades
Free Agents
Finances

My To Do List:

- Sit back and get drunk!

Please check that you've inherited all the monies owed, that all approved trades are processed, and all contract re-signings have been updated.

Any errors should be noted and posted in this thread. Thank you!

I think you've more than earned that :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The 6th and 7th round picks that went to New Jersey from Columbus in the Langenbrunner deal were from 2010, not 2011. Otherwise looks good, thanks Matthew -- enjoy some fine single malt scotch, on me!

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Gents,
Sean has advised me that Wednesday next week (June 8) is the most likely day for trades to get final approvals.

I'm hoping it's just a matter that the catching up is taking a little longer than expected but ... if a trade is 'under review' are the applicable GM's being notified of such?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm hoping it's just a matter that the catching up is taking a little longer than expected but ... if a trade is 'under review' are the applicable GM's being notified of such?

In retrospect, we probably should have called it 'under review', but the truth is we just have not been able to find the time to discuss these trades as quickly as we would have liked. Nothing was 'under review' in the sense that we had discussed it amongst ourselves and made a decision. If we agree not to approve something, Tony and I will notify the GMs and open up the discussions though.

I do apologize for the delays. It was just the perfect bad time to receive 30-40 trades all at once.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
So I've done another round of files updates. I have run out of time to put all the contract updates in, but will get to those tonight. Trades etc. should be updated and fixed a few errors I'd made previously. Post here anything else I'm missing (contracts aside)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks for all this work, Matthew!

I know in past years we had a brief trade freeze prior to draft day in order to be able to firm up the draft order. Further trades would be submitted on Saturday morning (subject to Sean and Tony's review, of course) and the draft order updated live.

Any thoughts on that this time around?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Thanks for all this work, Matthew!

I know in past years we had a brief trade freeze prior to draft day in order to be able to firm up the draft order. Further trades would be submitted on Saturday morning (subject to Sean and Tony's review, of course) and the draft order updated live.

Any thoughts on that this time around?

Matt and I talked about this. I know we didn't do it last year and this year will be the same. I update the draft order as I receive trade confirmations, so it's really no biggie at all.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Good enough. Thanks.

And despite the drunkness in my future (Lakers tonight, England tomorrow morning) I don't have any more work this week after a few days of shooting and so I should be able to update the files so they are in order as the draft approaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad