2010 HFNHL All Star Game Voting

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
It is time for the General Managers of the HFNHL to complete their sworn duty to vote for the starters of the 2010 HFNHL All Star Game.

Each GM will be responsible for submitting nominations for the starting rosters in both Conferences. For each conference, nominations should be provided for the following:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1 Centre
1 Left Winger
1 Right Winger
2 Defensemen
1 Goalie
Coach
GM

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1 Centre
1 Left Winger
1 Right Winger
2 Defensemen
1 Goalie
Coach
GM

RULES:
1. You can't vote for anyone within your own organization.
2. Most votes per position wins.
3. $250,000 voted in at their position as listed above.
4. Voting is mandatory. Those GM’s who don’t submit a vote will have their name submitted to the Admin team for disciplinary action. They will also void their team from receiving any cash earned through all star selections.
5. The winning GM's will fill out the rest of the roster with their selections once the starters are named.

Please send to [email protected] with the heading, "HFNHL All Star Voting: Team Name"

Votes are due by Friday, March 12 at 11:59 p.m.

Let the voting (and hyping by GM's) BEGIN!

P.S. Feel free to use this thread in order to hype up your players for selection.

Received Votes from:
FLA, MTL, CGY, DAL, STL, SJ, ANA, NYI, EDM, PHI, VAN, NYR, CHI, PHX, ATL, WSH, CBJ, NSH, TBL, COL, MIN, LAK, DET, TOR, OTT, BUF, PIT, CAR

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus nominates Roloson, Burrows, Babcock for All Star Game

I never thought I'd be saying this, but Dwayne Roloson is a serious candidate for the top goaltender in the Western Conference.

His .916 save% and 2.13 gaa are second in the conference behind Cam Ward (and third in the league), but his 20-8-3 record in 31 games clearly tops Ward (who despite appearing in 3 more games has only 14/10/2, with no decision in seven games). Rolly's 4 shutouts are also good for third in the league behind Miller and Brodeur.

A darkhorse for All-Star consideration is the Blue Jackets' leading scorer, Alex Burrows. Yep, you read that right! Believe it or not, at 33 points in 37 games, Burrows is 6th in the league in scoring for a RW, behind names like Malkin, Iginla, Gaborik and Alfredsson. What's significant about that is that Burrows is (in ratings, anyway) purely a grinder (71pa, 72sc), so unlike those superstars he is earning his points through hard work. Also unlike those players, Burrows plays on a trapping team which greatly limits his offensive opportunities, so his sub-ppg production is all the more impressive. Throw in 44 pims and a very healthy +11, and he is having a sensational year.

I don't seriously expect him to be voted a starter, but I do think his play deserves consideration to be named to the team by the coaches.

[EDIT] Finally, it wouldn't be right to forget Olympic Gold Medal winner, Jackets Head Coach Mike Babcock. He's coached a team without a single elite player to the best record in the Western Conference.

Last edited:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tampa Bay nominates Johan Franzén and Daniel Sedin for All Star Game

Tampa Bay GM Martin Sedin nominates two left wingers for the upcoming all star game.

Johan Franzén LW in Tampas 2nd line have been on fire the entire season with scoring 26 goals for 49 points in just 41 games. He is the best goalscorer in the entire league half way through the season.

Franzén have scored on almost 20% of all his shots and has 3 GW and 3 hattrick so far this season, this with playing 2nd line minutes.

Daniel Sedin is the 2nd nominated player from Tampa Bay. Sedin has 20 goals for 42 points in the first 41 games of the season. +9 and 2GW.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
Sharks want to highlight how well Chris Osgood has played. A winning goalie!

He has turned Sharks to winning road, From 11 games in Sharks he has won 8 and lost 2. GAA is 2.30.

16 wins from 24 games in Isles and Sharks.

2 Shutouts

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The Florida Panthers feel the need to pimp...

Forward - Shawn Horcoff
Leads the team with the most points in the league in scoring, is 5th among centers in scoring, and 5th among forwards in +/-. Horcoff deserves to be an East starter.

Defense - Tom Gilbert
Is currently the defenseman playing the best for the best defensive team in the East. He leads the league in plus/minus at +26, and is just outside the top 10 of scoring by defenseman.

Goaltender - Chris Mason
The starting netminder for the best team in the league and the second best defensive team in the league. Mason is 5th in SV% and 2nd in GAA.

Coach - Todd McLellan
McLellan has the Panthers up near the top of the league again after finishing 2nd in the East last year. The team is running on all cylinders and his strong defensive system has the team keeping goals to a minimum.

General Manager - Brock Otten
The reigning (one of those tied in voting) Steve Wright trophy winner as the league's best GM last year, Otten has the Panthers up near the top of the league again. His roster has a strong mix of youth and experience and showcases his strong ability to draft and make trades (except for the Eric Daze for Kevin Bieksa deal...)

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
It's been a long time since the Thrashers have had anybody to be excited about, but this year we have one player that should get serious consideration for the Allstar Game.

Steven Stamkos - Stamkos is 12th in league scoring and is on pace for 40 goals in his rookie year.He is 4th in scoring for centers, leads all rookies by almost 10 points. He is 8th in the league for points per 20 minutes. He has a team leading +11 rating on a mainly minus team. He also is second on the team with 96 hits and leads the team with 117 shots. He is 4th in scoring for centers.

Serious contender if you ask me.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
For the Anaheim Ducks:

Okay now...everyone in the room that thought that the Ducks would be sitting atop the Western Conference at the halfway mark, raise your hand... :baghead:

First, I'll plug the coach, John Tortorella. His up-tempo system has meshed particularly well with the Ducks' undersized, defensively responsible group of forwards.

Next, I'll throw a shameless plug in for myself, Matt Gledhill, as GM. While I've only made one roster move of significance this season (acquiring Andrew Brunette), I made a lot of moves at last year's trade deadline that were designed to ease along some of the youngsters like Jack Johnson, Matt Hunwick, Wayne Simmonds, and Pekka Rinne. Meanwhile, I've managed to keep my pro payroll around $40M.

Also worthy of consideration is defenseman Paul Martin. Martin is currently tied for 4th in defenseman scoring with 29 points, and is second in the league in shots blocked with 67.

Lastly, I'll mention the Ducks' leading scorer, center Mike Cammalleri. The Western Conference's starting center in last year's All-Star Game, Squid is currently sitting at 36 points.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Dallas has two players who could be serious contention for All Stars

First is Zach Parise he leads all Left Wingers with 51 points is the top of the league in assists. He 5th in the league plus minus at 23 and had a 16 game point streak going and continues to put up points on a night to night basis

The second is Derek Roy who had a 18 game point streak going has put up 44 points. Has been deadly on the PP putting up 7 goals and 7th in assists and is amoung the top in plus minus

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dallas has two players who could be serious contention for All Stars

First is Zach Parise he leads all Left Wingers with 51 points is the top of the league in assists. He 5th in the league plus minus at 23 and had a 16 game point streak going and continues to put up points on a night to night basis

The second is Derek Roy who had a 18 game point streak going has put up 44 points. Has been deadly on the PP putting up 7 goals and 7th in assists and is amoung the top in plus minus

I miss my team sometimes :handclap:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
For the Predators, Henrik Sedin and Scott Niedermayer are serious candidates to play in the HFNHL Allstar game.

Sedin is in the top 10 in scoring and the 3rd highest scoring centerman in the league.

Niedermayer is 4th on the team in scoring and 7th among defensemen in the league.

While the Predators are struggling overall (for unknown reasons :-|), these 2 players have outstanding seasons so far and should be safe bets to play in the allstar game.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I'm a little hesitant to pimp any Oilers with how poorly the team has done this year but these two deserve to be considered. Perhaps not starting but on the team somewhere.

Ryan Malone - Has 15G 20A in 38GP to tie for the team lead in scoring with 35 points while also racking up 46 PIMs. Leads the team with 5 PP goals and 4 GWGs. Ranks 10th in scoring amongst LWers. One of only 4 players in the top 50 scorers to post 100+ hits with 105.

Martin Havlat - Has 17G 18A in 38GP to tie Malone for the scoring lead. 17 goals are good to lead to the Oilers. Ranks 6th in scoring amongst RWers.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
For the Flames: I give you three candidates:

PAVEL DATSYUK

1st in goals in the Western Conference for Left Wingers
2nd in points in the Western Conference for Left Wingers
2nd in the league in Game Winning Goals
2nd in the league in Power Play Goals
3rd in the league in goals scored (and only Eastern Conf players have more)

JAROME IGINLA (this is for you only really Sean Keough.. everyone else can vote for Malkin ;))

3rd in the league in points!!!!!
1st in Assists in the Western Conference for Right Wingers
2nd in Assists in the league
2nd in Points in the Western Conference for Right Wingers
Higher Points Per 20 Minutes than Evgeni Malkin

GM: Matthew Kershaw

Cause unless you're a Pittsburgh GM I've never robbed you blind in a trade :)

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton

Cause unless you're a Pittsburgh GM I've never robbed you blind in a trade :)[/QUOTE]

Hey not true we haven't traded so you haven't robbed me blind :p

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
For the Flames: I give you three candidates:

PAVEL DATSYUK

1st in goals in the Western Conference for Left Wingers
2nd in points in the Western Conference for Left Wingers
2nd in the league in Game Winning Goals
2nd in the league in Power Play Goals
3rd in the league in goals scored (and only Eastern Conf players have more)

JAROME IGINLA (this is for you only really Sean Keough.. everyone else can vote for Malkin ;))

3rd in the league in points!!!!!
1st in Assists in the Western Conference for Right Wingers
2nd in Assists in the league
2nd in Points in the Western Conference for Right Wingers
Higher Points Per 20 Minutes than Evgeni Malkin

Cause unless you're a Pittsburgh GM I've never robbed you blind in a trade :)

They can vote for whoever they like as long as they spell my last name correct. ;)

For the Canucks, the following players are worthy of consideration for starting spots:

Evgeni Malkin (RW) - Second in the league in points, and third in plus/minus. The best player on perhaps the most dominant line in the league from start to finish. A regular on the second best PK in the league.

Mattias Ohlund (D) - People will assume Boyle or Kaberle is the Canucks' #1, but this year Ohlund has been tops. A +24, with 24 points, he has been outstanding from start to finish. The key to our PK unit.

For a reserve spot:

Eric Staal (LW) - One of the top LWs in the league, 19 goals, 41 points, and a +23. Again, first PK unit.

Mike Ribeiro (C) - Underrated center key to distribution of the puck on that top line. With 39 points and a +24, having a banner year.

Dan Boyle (D) - He's put up 29 points, and few people realize he's done that playing minimal time on the top pairing, meaning he's seldom on the ice with the big three.

Martin Brodeur (G) - Up and down year for Marty. Competitive with every Western Conference goalie statistically though.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Ron Wilson has the Washington Capitals in the playoff mix. We don't have a single player better than 67 overall prior to getting Lee Stempniak.... who will become a first line forward for me.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I don't know where to start with my team other than that the whole team has come together and currently leads the Eastern Conference. As a GM of NYI, I feel I should nominate 4 players who have played a vital role in our team success:

Nikolai Khabibulin: After being traded twice from Columbus to San Jose to New York Islanders, it looks like Burlin Wall has settled down nicely in the Island and has a record of 9 wins, 1 loss and 2 SO loss with save percentage of .931 and goal against average of 1.71

Sheldon Souray: Another veteran who was acquired in the offseason for Josh Harding. Souray has been a quarter back for NYI power Play and has accumulated 29 points in 41 games with 5 PP goals

Marion Gaborik: Although currently injured, he has been a leader for the young and inexperience team and was leading the league in points per 20 minutes played. The team is counting on Marian for a long playoff run.

Ray Whitney: A veteran who was initially traded by NYI to Carolina for Kyle Okoposo and was re acquired in the offseason from Florida for 4th round pick. Ray is currently leads the team in goals with 23 and is 2nd in scoring only to Gaborik.

General Manager: What can I say about myself other than that the trades and acquisition during the off season has paid off well and daily line combination 40 out 41 games has driven the SIM manager cuckoo:laugh:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Just want to bump this as a reminder for all last minute submissions. I just got mine in. Everybody make sure you vote Trevor Daley. League leader in blocked shots and 11 goals scored!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad