2010-2011-2012 drafts

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I wonder if we can add Conner bleackley to this list or whether that falls to someone else in the org.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I haven't heard as many bust quotes as it seems to soon to say, but everything I hear tells me that if we're lucky, he'll top out as a good 3rd-4th liner. What on earth are we drafting that in the 1st round for?

Not for nothing but we can prolly use a really good 3rd line guy in the future and it wasnt like Conner was a Top 10 pick he was a late 1st rounder those dudes are usually hit or miss. I must say though that McCann looks good from the games I saw him in.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I haven't heard as many bust quotes as it seems to soon to say, but everything I hear tells me that if we're lucky, he'll top out as a good 3rd-4th liner. What on earth are we drafting that in the 1st round for?
There's nothing wrong with getting a 3rd liner at the end of first round.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
the bittersweet thing about Hishon is that if he never had that bad concussion, maybe he hits his potential as a poor man's Briere and averages ~50 points for Colorado. That could have pushed them higher up in the standings and the team ends up with, say, Schiefele instead of Landeskog and Horvat instead of MacKinnon, ensuring far more mediocrity without 2 of the 3 best players up front. So in a depressing fashion, the most beneficial part of the Hishon pick for the franchise was that he never actually produced anything.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
the bittersweet thing about Hishon is that if he never had that bad concussion, maybe he hits his potential as a poor man's Briere and averages ~50 points for Colorado. That could have pushed them higher up in the standings and the team ends up with, say, Schiefele instead of Landeskog and Horvat instead of MacKinnon, ensuring far more mediocrity without 2 of the 3 best players up front. So in a depressing fashion, the most beneficial part of the Hishon pick for the franchise was that he never actually produced anything.

All part of the plan Gandhi.Hishon was the sacrificial lamb to the hockey gods.

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
I don't really see it as anything truly abnormal. All teams seem to go through ups and downs with drafting. The 12' draft is (to me) too recent to form opinions on. The only true miss I would propose is Siemens. 2011 was a deep class and he went 11th. The half dozen or so D men who followed him have now established (recently for some) NHL careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad