Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I was looking at these one after the other:

Oych2Fd.png

KifqYCg.png

ogaGNXQ.png

It's no wonder there was no depth in this org. Holy crap, this has to be the poorest drafting in the NHL for that period of time. Looks like there are 2 NHL caliber players in there, a backup goalie and the 2nd overall.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
And the number of picks is shameful too. A rebuilding team who doesn't even have a 7 pick draft two years in a row. One of my favorite fun facts about the 2012 draft is they didn't even choose one player that attended the combine.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
2012 was a result of the Varly trade if I recall correctly. But yeah, the mid and late round picks made absolutely no impact. You have to have some contribution from those picks to provide organizational depth.

So sad how Hishon's career has turned out thus far.

I feel that way about Duncan.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wonder how the Flyers are doing with Pracey.

Only one draft with him on staff

1 Ivan Provorov D Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]
1 Travis Konecny C Ottawa 67's [OHL]
3 Felix Sandstrom G Brynas Jrs. (Sweden)
3 Matej Tomek G Topeka Roadrunners [NAHL]
4 Samuel Dove-McFalls L Saint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL]
4 Mikhail Vorobyov C Ufa Jrs (Russia)
5 David Kase R Chomutov Jrs. (Czech Rep.)
6 Cooper Marody C Sioux Falls Stampede [USHL]
7 Ivan Fedotov G Nizhnekamsk Jrs (Russia)

Pracey was well connected in the OHL circles, so it is probably hard to say what impact he really had. Konecny fits Pracey to a T though.

Those drafts are why the pool is as poor as it is/was. Just a lot of similar players taken.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Only one draft with him on staff

1 Ivan Provorov D Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]
1 Travis Konecny C Ottawa 67's [OHL]

Pracey was well connected in the OHL circles, so it is probably hard to say what impact he really had. Konecny fits Pracey to a T though.

Those drafts are why the pool is as poor as it is/was. Just a lot of similar players taken.

Konecny is going to be one of the best fwds from this draft imo. Like him a ton.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Did well in 09 and 11 but overall pretty uneventful.

Three 1st round picks in those year all turned into nothing though. But sure helps that they picked up Kruger and Shaw late. For me the draft is much more about the higher picks. You've got to get those right. You can sign depth in FA. You can only find a talented core via the draft.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Three 1st round picks in those year all turned into nothing though. But sure helps that they picked up Kruger and Shaw late. For me the draft is much more about the higher picks. You've got to get those right. You can sign depth in FA. You can only find a talented core via the draft.

Ironically those are their worst years for top picks. In the other 4 years they've had firsts they picked Hayes, TT, and Schmaltz. All really nice talents for how late they were picking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad