2009/10 HFNHL Endorsements

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Hi seeing as i just took over the team and Dallas hasnt put in any endorsments i was wondering if i could unless it is to late to do so if so i understand completly

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hi seeing as i just took over the team and Dallas hasnt put in any endorsments i was wondering if i could unless it is to late to do so if so i understand completly

I'm afraid it would be too late, as the idea is to project how you think your players and prospects will do during the season. With leagues (HFNHL, NHL and otherwise) all approaching or past the half-way mark, I'm afraid it would be an unfair advantage to let you select endorsements now.

But there's always next season, Zach! :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
... and the Columbus Blue Jackets go 4-for-4 with their Mountain Dew (Due!) endorsements. After netting three targets at the World Juniors (All-Star Derek Stepan, top Swedish Scorer Andre Petersson, and Best Forward of the Div 1 tournament Jerome Flaake), the Wisconsin Badgers' Brendan Smith has hit over 30 points as a defenceman in the NCAA. Smith's 31 points (and counting) are not only over 30, not merely in the top 5 of NCAA blueliners -- he leads all defencemen in scoring and is considered an early candidate for the Hobey Baker award. (Personally though I wouldn't give it to him -- he's not even the best defenceman on his team -- that honour goes to Ryan McDonagh - another Blue Jackets prospect!).

That endorsement alone will make up for any negatives in the bank balance at the end of the regular season. With additional endorsements to come, and playoff revenues looking like a distinct possibility, the Blue Jackets will live - barely! - to play another day. :D

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Hmmm - was wondering why I woke up and my season's end balance was projected to be in the red. I thought the funds had been removed. C'est la vie. There are ways to deal with this.

GM Bruins

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Are those teams showing with brackets around their numbers actually bankrupt? It would appear that way...which is incredibly troubling...

That is correct.

It seems like the brackets indicate a negative number, which would mean CGY is bankrupt and BOS, OTT and SJ project to go bankrupt before the end of the season.

Well, the Flames aren't actually bankrupt. We're just running a deficit. By my calculations we're easily going to qualify for 3 out of the four endorsements.

If we finish as predicted at about 2 million in the red, then add in those three endorsements (worth 10.5 million) - then the team will finish the regular season with 8.5 million in the bank.

Add in two home games (minimum) in the playoffs (1.2 million each, 2.4 mil total) and the Flames are gonna finish the season with a minimum of 10.9 million in the bank, the first time this team has had more than 10 million in the bank since I re-inherited back in '04.

Hmmm - was wondering why I woke up and my season's end balance was projected to be in the red. I thought the funds had been removed. C'est la vie. There are ways to deal with this.

I havent looked closely, but I'm sure with teams like the Bruins its the same scenario.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
thought we weren't allowed to run deficits?

Well I certainly didn't intend to. I had 7+ mil when the season started and I signed up for endorsements - so I've gone into the negative as the season has gone on. I'll leave it up to the Admin group to determine the punishments if I've broken the rules...

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I would just like to state as a guy with a low payroll and $16 million in the bank, I would be willing to help out if possible regarding a team needing cash. I forget what the maximum cash transfer is for a trade, but I could stand to spare a few million for picks or prospects if anybody was so inclined.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I would just like to state as a guy with a low payroll and $16 million in the bank, I would be willing to help out if possible regarding a team needing cash. I forget what the maximum cash transfer is for a trade, but I could stand to spare a few million for picks or prospects if anybody was so inclined.

Technically we don't permit cash trades, any more than the NHL does. That said cash can be a component of a trade, up to a maximum of $1 million. It just can't be the only, or even the primary, component.

Having said that, I may be in touch. :P

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Bah, I spoke too soon. Even though both Stepan and Smith earned their endorsement targets while property of the Columbus Blue Jackets (at the WJC), both players have been traded, so now I need two more players to reach Mountain Dew-qualifying milestones this season. Leading candidates are:

- Freshman G Mike Lee currently sits just outside the top-10 in save percentage for St. Cloud State
- D Charles-Olivier Roussel has an outside chance of hitting 60 points... more importantly, he currently sits 6th among blueliners
- F Gabriel Dumont won't hit 100 points, but has a shot at sneaking into the top 5 in QMJHL scoring

So hopefully two of those guys can hit their targets, and I can recoup the $2 million in endorsement cash I sent packing in trades this week. :cry:

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think we've allowed negative balances in exceptional situations before, but any team with a negative balance - or poised to dip into the red - should be acting quite urgently to shed some salary and get back in black.

While teams may get back in black ultimately based on endorsements and playoffs (Maybe), the reality is teams are not supposed to run in the red, with the risk of losing the franchise. Now given we have had some oddities this year on timing of things - and it is a new sim after all - some flexibility makes sense, but at the same time I don't think it should just be considered a given that negatives are 'ok until the end of the year'. After all, teams had to know these withdrawals were coming.

The one idea discussed in past was that if an endorsement had already been earned, then perhaps that could be paid out, but that was just a discussion point. But I'm going to suggest the opposite - if a team spent money on Endorsements at the beginning of the year - only to go into the red - that money should be immediately forfeited to get the team back in black as required (with the appropriate refund penalty). These teams had to know they were running a risky game and given we don't have a bank to take loans from, these teams are actually not able to pay their players right now. Something for the admin team to consider.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minn only signs for the following:

Local Radio Network Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 75% capacity.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,000,000

I'm an idiot. How did I not sign up for Mtn Dew? Deschamps, McNabb, Popov and Alexandrov will all earn the bonus had I signed up.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Your points are fair enough Nick, but I can honestly say that as a GM who has been fiscally responsible over endorsements over the last few years (only 1 last year, the Mountain Dew) if I was to withdraw from all mine this year then I'll probably just quit.

Whoa, Whoa, Mr. Kershaw. Nobody needs to quit. :nod:

I do think it is about time we talked about this on the admin board. I've got some time this afternoon and I'll be sure to put forward my proposal, which definitely does not include you quitting.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Another million coming my way, Sedlacek finish 3rd in savings in Czech Republic.

1. Dusan Salficky HC Sparta Praha 1 2.00 .956
2. Dusan Salficky HC Plzen 9 1.86 .931
3. Sasu Hovi HC Kometa Brno 26 2.30 .930
4. Jakub Sedlacek HC Zlin 44 2.25 .927

The guy at 1 and 2 is the same one so Sedlacek is 3rd :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Bah, I spoke too soon. Even though both Stepan and Smith earned their endorsement targets while property of the Columbus Blue Jackets (at the WJC), both players have been traded, so now I need two more players to reach Mountain Dew-qualifying milestones this season. Leading candidates are:

- Freshman G Mike Lee currently sits just outside the top-10 in save percentage for St. Cloud State
- D Charles-Olivier Roussel has an outside chance of hitting 60 points... more importantly, he currently sits 6th among blueliners
- F Gabriel Dumont won't hit 100 points, but has a shot at sneaking into the top 5 in QMJHL scoring

So hopefully two of those guys can hit their targets, and I can recoup the $2 million in endorsement cash I sent packing in trades this week. :cry:

Columbus is pleased to report that, with the conclusion of the QMJHL regular season, we have achieved another Mountain Dew/Due milestone:

Unheralded forward Gabriel Dumont is the QMJHL's second-highest scorer, with 90 points for Les Voltigeurs du Drummondville. Congratulations, Gabriel!

http://lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.ph...=&seasonSubType=&report=PlayersLeadersGeneral

With Andre Petersson and Jerome Flaake both earning endorsements at the WJC, that makes 3 Mountain Dew/Due endorsements met for Columbus. Three additional targets were met during the season by Derek Stepan and Brendan Smith, but both were traded at the deadline.

Still, 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad