2009/10 HFNHL Endorsements

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
For Detroit:

ABC Sports Deal - I backed out of TSN (85%) last year so hoping I can at least hit 80%
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 80% capacity.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,500,000

Nike - Probably fail miserably on this one again this year but gotta try ;)
Criteria: Team must make the playoffs and win 1st round series.

Tim Horton’s
Criteria: Team must have a GOALIE who has a save percentage of 91% or higher minimum 40 games played.
Revenue: $3,000,000

Gatorade
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who has 35 or more assists in the regular season.

Total Cost: $4M
Max Payout: $10.5M

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
So far the following teams do not appear to have submitted endorsements, and the deadline is decidedly passed...:

BUF
NYR
PHI
PIT
CAR
WAS
DAL
LAK

Now, this may be by choice, however considering how easy some of the endorsements are to achieve, it's hard to imagine why a team wouldn't sign up for *something*.

Surprised not to see anything from our new GM in Philly... and a number of our veteran GMs also appear not to have participated.

I'm particularly concerned (yet again) with the disappearing act from our Australia-based GMs, whose participation seems to have been waning more and more each season. Is it finally time to pull the plug on Carolina and Buffalo before we start the new season?? (Feel free to show up and contradict me Mr Pitt, Mr Ong...).

Hopefully some of these guys have sent emails or something...

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
So far the following teams do not appear to have submitted endorsements, and the deadline is decidedly passed...:

BUF
NYR
PHI
PIT
CAR
WAS
DAL
LAK

Now, this may be by choice, however considering how easy some of the endorsements are to achieve, it's hard to imagine why a team wouldn't sign up for *something*.

Surprised not to see anything from our new GM in Philly... and a number of our veteran GMs also appear not to have participated.

I'm particularly concerned (yet again) with the disappearing act from our Australia-based GMs, whose participation seems to have been waning more and more each season. Is it finally time to pull the plug on Carolina and Buffalo before we start the new season?? (Feel free to show up and contradict me Mr Pitt, Mr Ong...).

Hopefully some of these guys have sent emails or something...

While I can't speak to why he didn't participate in the Endorsement program I can say that I've spoken to Mr Pitt on MSN a couple times recently (one of those being earlier today) about possible trades.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Im not sure if I can win in one of this endorsement.... that's why i hesitate.

It's extremely difficult to fail to get at least 75% attendance unless your tickets are ridiculously overpriced, so that's an easy one. Nilsson and Kostitsyn are both players 25 or under that would seem to give you a decent shot at 35 assists, depending on your line combinations. That's just off the top of my head though.

One thing to keep in mind (I think it's covered in the rules in the first post) is that you have a chance to back out of endorsements mid-season if it looks like you're not going to make it. That gives you half your investment back, so you're looking at risking $500k against a possibility of around $2.5M per endorsement (choosing carefully). The test season gives you some small indication of what players can accomplish, and how attendance works. But at the end of the day, first season in, it won't kill your team not do an endorsement if you're too uncertain. It's just lost revenues.

In general, for threads like this, though, we encourage all GMs - even if they're choosing not to participate - to post a response so we know they're at least following the league's activities. Helps us keeps track. :)

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
For Flyers

Gatorade
Player’s team CANNOT endorse Coca-Cola Company
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who has 35 or more assists in the regular season.

Local Radio Network Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 75% capacity.
Revenue: $2,000,000

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
For Flyers

Gatorade

Local Radio Network Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 75% capacity.
Revenue: $2,000,000

Alvy: I do hope you looked at the other endorsements and thought this through, since I was just going off the top of my head. A quick look at the Test season showed the Flyers with 88% attendance (http://www.hfnhl.com/2010/TESTY/TEST2-TeamFinance.html#Flyers). Not saying that's necessarily a reliable predictor of future performance (insert your favourite mutual fund disclaimer here!), but it would suggest you could probably have risked a little more here.

I don't know about any other endorsement opportunities you might have considered, just hoping you took a good look through before going with my first guesses, since they were not meant to be formal recommendations...

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
RANGERS

4. ABC Sports Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 80% capacity.
Teams:

Gatorade

Teams:

Mountain Due
Eligibility:
1/ the player must be 21 years or younger as of Sept 30th, 2009.
2/ the player must have played in less than 40 NHL games during their career
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Can we sticky this?

Also Matt K. Still need you to revise your Endorsement submission

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Can we sticky this?

Also Matt K. Still need you to revise your Endorsement submission

Having never actually really applied for endorsements before, and since its my first year in the league...

1. CBC “Hockey Night In Canada†Deal
Canadian Teams Only
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 90% capacity.
Cost Fee: $2,000,000
Revenue: $5,000,000
Bonus: $500 000 (If team averages 95% capacity)

2. Synergy
Criteria: Team must improve by 20 points or more from the previous regular season
Bonus: $1,000,000 (30 points or more improvement)

3. Ford Motor Company
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with a .500 or better home record.
Cost Fee: $1,500,000

4. Molson Beer
Canadian Teams Only
Criteria: Team must have a FORWARD who scores 40 or more goals in the regular season.

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Endorsement Withdrawals

Matt - please remove the following $$ amounts from each teams bank balance.

Teams Endorsement Cost
Florida -- 5,500,000
Phoenix -- 2,000,000
Devils -- 6,500,000
Atlanta -- 2,000,000
Blues -- 6,000,000
CBJ -- 4,000,000
NYI -- 4,500,000
Oilers -- 4,000,000
Canucks -- 4,500,000
Sharks -- 4,500,000
Tampa -- 1,500,000
Blackhawks -- 2,000,000
Canadians -- 2,000,000
Colorado -- 6,000,000
Nashville -- 3,000,000
Wild -- 1,000,000
Ducks -- 2,000,000
Senators -- 2,500,000
Bruins -- 4,500,000
Leafs -- 4,500,000
Wings -- 4,000,000
Flyers -- 2,000,000
Rangers -- 3,000,000
Flames -- 5,500,000

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Matt ---

Please cancel my endorsements .. I cant spend money for endorsements, because i am travelling close to zero balance

Not to be an insensitive ass here. And not to speak for Abbas or anything. But would this even be allowed?

Pasi, I know you're in some financial trouble with the recent trades you've made, but just dropping your endorsements on a whim after the deadline has passed doesn't seem kosher with me (considering the preseason has started and trades have been made). Obviously there's nothing wrong with dropping your endorsements at any time, but wouldn't (or shouldn't) you only be entitled to a 50% rebate, as is the usual for the dropping of endorsement contracts.

After all, if we allow you to just drop them, could we not also allow all the General Managers to examine the results of the preseason in order to change their endorsements (now knowing what they know). I think it opens up a seriously large can of worms.

Just my two cents (albeit ********* coins).

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Not to be an insensitive ass here. And not to speak for Abbas or anything. But would this even be allowed?

Pasi, I know you're in some financial trouble with the recent trades you've made, but just dropping your endorsements on a whim after the deadline has passed doesn't seem kosher with me (considering the preseason has started and trades have been made). Obviously there's nothing wrong with dropping your endorsements at any time, but wouldn't (or shouldn't) you only be entitled to a 50% rebate, as is the usual for the dropping of endorsement contracts.

After all, if we allow you to just drop them, could we not also allow all the General Managers to examine the results of the preseason in order to change their endorsements (now knowing what they know). I think it opens up a seriously large can of worms.

Just my two cents (albeit ********* coins).

I'm sorry Pasi, but Brock is correct in this situation, you can't back out of Endorsements at this point. You will have an opportunity to back out at the midway point in the season, but that will follow the original rules in which 50% of the cost will be returned.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm sorry Pasi, but Brock is correct in this situation, you can't back out of Endorsements at this point. You will have an opportunity to back out at the midway point in the season, but that will follow the original rules in which 50% of the cost will be returned.

Technically, I believe he can back out at any time prior to the mid-point (including now), but still sacrifices half the invested money.

Pasi, surely you knew how tight money was when you signed up for these? What were you thinking?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I am not worrying my cash situation .. but heard from Isles GM that we need to have 5mil to start season?

Pasi, there is no pre requirement to have $5M...I was suggesting to you to have $5M in bank just in case the schedule forces you to play many away games at the begining of the season.

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Can someone sticky this thread.

Matt K - can you let everyone know when you have removed the funds from the bank accounts.

Abbas

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Congrats to Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Derek Stepan who was named to the WJC All-Tournament team as Captain of the Gold Medal-winning US Team. His 14 points and +9 in 7 games led the American squad.

http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm...niors/article/eberle-voted-mvp.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=2956&cHash=ec9b7915cb

That's one down for the Blue Jackets' Mountain Dew/Due tally. :D

EDIT:

It's 3 down, actually:
- Andre Petersson lead Team Sweden in scoring. (http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm20/statistics.html)
- Jerome Flaake was named the best forward of the Div 1 tournament (http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm...rticle/germany-norway-promoted.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=2954&cHash=3461e273f1)

Now I just have to get one more player to hit a milestone in their season play, and I'm golden. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad