2008 prospects

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Toni Rajala is a Finnish center, who statistically speaking had the most impressive season ever by a 14-year-old Finn in 2005-06. He also became the first underaged player in history to be selected to Finland's U16 national team.

Rajala is known for his goalscoring and playmaking abilities, but he's a bit small for his age at 5'8''. And like all the other 2009 prospects, he's still just a kid who might not even play hockey in three years. I recommend being patient with them and trying not to overhype them too much within the following few seasons.

5'08 isn't bad for a guy who is 3 years away from draft, he should get to 5'10, 5'11 maybe even 6 to 6'01 by then. That is 3 years of growing this guy has left and these are the years that he might grow his fastest. But 5'08 isn't a bad size for a 14 year old.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
5'08 isn't bad for a guy who is 3 years away from draft, he should get to 5'10, 5'11 maybe even 6 to 6'01 by then. That is 3 years of growing this guy has left and these are the years that he might grow his fastest. But 5'08 isn't a bad size for a 14 year old.

Its not bad but I got his age and i'm 6'0 :bow: The only I want to listen in the 2008 draft : The Canadiens of Montreal Select ... The foward of Montreal Keven Lessard !!!

Still dreaming :bow:

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa

Rajala turned 15 in February, but I get your point. I believe he was 5'6 or 5'7 at 14, which fortunately indicates that he hasn't stopped growing yet.

I was just trying point out one of several question marks surrounding him (and all the other 2009 eligible prospects) for now. For instance, I was 5'10 at Rajala's age...and 10 years later, I'm still 5'10. If not 5'9½.

For the sake of his progress, I hope Rajala finds a suitable league to play in next season. Last year he probably should have played in junior B, as he was completely in a class of his own in junior C, despite being a year underaged for that league.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Chris Doyle is a good player, but he did not impress much during the U17 between PEI and NB. Let's wait and see after xmas and see what he accomplish with the Rockets.....

Dude, all i know is that when i played in the atlantic challenge cup, I only got to play the other provinces in the U15 and U16 catagorys. When I was of age to play U 17 I had to go to Wolfville to tryout for team atlantic. So im not sure how he didnt impress you at the U17 against NB. Unless you meant U16. Although, at the U17 camp, as an underager, i belived him to be near the top of the forwards.:dunno:

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Dude, all i know is that when i played in the atlantic challenge cup, I only got to play the other provinces in the U15 and U16 catagorys. When I was of age to play U 17 I had to go to Wolfville to tryout for team atlantic. So im not sure how he didnt impress you at the U17 against NB. Unless you meant U16. Although, at the U17 camp, as an underager, i belived him to be near the top of the forwards.:dunno:

Simple, This year for the Canada Games for U17 PEI and U17 NB, Chris Doyle did not do much against NB. I know is his a good Player, but his work ethic is left to be desire.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Simple, This year for the Canada Games for U17 PEI and U17 NB, Chris Doyle did not do much against NB. I know is his a good Player, but his work ethic is left to be desire.

The Canada Games starts this year after December, you must mean the Atlantic Challenge Cup that took place in the summer.

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
The Canada Games starts this year after December, you must mean the Atlantic Challenge Cup that took place in the summer.

No, what i meant is , presently U17 NB and U17 had an exhibition games the weekend of August 3-7 2006, in preparation of Team Selection. Part of their Training selection camp.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
well don't make you basis off of something that goes on in August. At the U17 camp last year for the U17s I thought Logan MacMillan was horrible and I couldn't understand all the hype around him, well this year I seen why. Same goes for many players, these guys are not in game situations all summer and just do individual training, being in a game situation takes time to adjust to again. So don't make that your basis at all on players that you see in August and such. I seen Chris Doyle at the U17 camp last year and he was amazing, probably the best forward on the ice followed by Brad Malone, Patrice Cormier and Scott Brannon.

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Obviously you do not understand, since april 2006 of this year, All Atlantic Teams, PEI U17, NBU17, NSU17, and NFLD U17 have had training camp every month to select players in the upcoming Canada Games which will be played in Feb 2007 in Whitehorse . Last weekend PEI and NB played two games. In which NB won both.
I only mentioned what my observations were during that weekend.

It appears you have taken my reply and observation very personal. I'm sorry to have offend you. However, I'm entitled to express my observations.

You may be right, that it will be after xmas that the crunch will be during the Canada Games, I wish to all players from every team, all the best. Especially, when they are representing their own province.

what the f

Apr 4, 2005
I can't find any info on 09 eligibles Elliot Daigneault and Jeremy Morin. Could anyone tell me something about them?

I have watched Morin play for the past couple of yeras. Nice size, about 6', deceptive speed (they call him Jet). I see two problems for him down the road; he's very soft and an extreme show off. Other then that he's a very good player who should will be a first rounder. I have not seen Daigneault play.

BornReady

Aug 16, 2006
I can't find any info on 09 eligibles Elliot Daigneault and Jeremy Morin. Could anyone tell me something about them?

Daigneault just got cut from his Midget AAA team. Was apparently not very impressive as they kept 2 other goalies same birth year as his 1991. I saw "Jet" Morin play in Rochester this year and I have seen him look better. He looked a little slow IMO and not as dominating as he used to be a few years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad