2008 prospects

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
what type of player is stamkos comparable to?
his he a real 6' or a 5'10
out west Teubert should be the highest pick.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
I will have good times for the next year watching Patrice Cormier, Alex Néron, Philippe Cornet and Jordan Caron, all drafted in the first round of the last Q' draft, by Rimouski. This is some good '08 material coming up.

redwingsdude

Aug 2, 2005
Grand Rapids
I thought I read somewhere that Jared could be the best of the Staal brothers. Is that true? Seems like he's got a ways to go considering Eric's season and Jordan being drafted so early.

Is it just total BS or is he gonna be a star?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I thought I read somewhere that Jared could be the best of the Staal brothers. Is that true? Seems like he's got a ways to go considering Eric's season and Jordan being drafted so early.

Is it just total BS or is he gonna be a star?
Thats what I had thought I heard too, but people said that he was an extreme stretch for where he was picked in the first round of the Ontario Hockey League Midget draft.

Therefore, I doubt it.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
An article written a few years ago accidentally said Jared was the best and meant to say Eric. That is why you hear people saying the last Staal could be the best. Eric clearly will be the best of the four, and it was just a screw up on the author's part.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Teubert/ Del Zatto
peterangelo/redington
Stamkos/towes
livingston/beach
rowinski/hodgson
prokop/stall

There are really not any thinking with these, the toughest was Delzotto and Teubert and that took all but 1 second. Delzotto is awsome but Teubert is like Phaneuf esq.

I would have done one like this:

Teubert/Sauve
Stamkos/Cormier
Hunt/Wahl
Delzotto/Mystery
Gaulton/Neron
Beach/Hodgson
Nemisz/Cornet

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I will have good times for the next year watching Patrice Cormier, Alex Néron, Philippe Cornet and Jordan Caron, all drafted in the first round of the last Q' draft, by Rimouski. This is some good '08 material coming up.

Cormier has the talent to be a top 5 pick in the 2008 draft, Cornet and Neron look to have 1st round talent. Jordan Caron is a late B-day he isn't ranked untill 2009

Bryzga lol*

Will this be the 5th consecutive year that there will be a "generational" talent in the draft :sarcasm:

Real world: No

HF world: 2008 has the potential to have 3 to 4 players with generational talent and 60 to 70 franchize players.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Well it's true... 60 to 70 players in this years draft have the potential to be franchise players. Look at where Zetterberg was picked... it all depends on development

An article written a few years ago accidentally said Jared was the best and meant to say Eric. That is why you hear people saying the last Staal could be the best. Eric clearly will be the best of the four, and it was just a screw up on the author's part.

It actually was meant to be Jordan, not Eric or Jared. (Poor Marc must feel so left out in these discussions.:))

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

I thought they meant to say Jordan. I remember hearing there was a young brother better than Eric, Jordan. That definetely happened. Jordan is the only one who has the potential to be as good as Eric.
Where did Jared go in the midget draft anyway? I know talent wise he was more of a second rounder but they thought he would be picked higher due to his surname and that he may, like his brothers, improve drastically with age.

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
It actually was meant to be Jordan, not Eric or Jared. (Poor Marc must feel so left out in these discussions.:))

Well defense isn't as sexy as offence. But I am sure glad as a ranger fan that we've got him, we're going to need all the solid defensemen we can get since we've got friggin Crosby and Malkin in our division plus they're on the same team.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I thought they meant to say Jordan. I remember hearing there was a young brother better than Eric, Jordan. That definetely happened. Jordan is the only one who has the potential to be as good as Eric.
Where did Jared go in the midget draft anyway? I know talent wise he was more of a second rounder but they thought he would be picked higher due to his surname and that he may, like his brothers, improve drastically with age.

He went to Sudbury, Marc's team, in the first round, 10th overall or something like that. Jared definately needs to improve his game to even be anywhere near his brothers, but Sudbury has a history of developing NHL talent, so I think that he could be a top 6 forward in the NHL. But as I said, he has a long way to go.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
He went to Sudbury, Marc's team, in the first round, 10th overall or something like that. Jared definately needs to improve his game to even be anywhere near his brothers, but Sudbury has a history of developing NHL talent, so I think that he could be a top 6 forward in the NHL. But as I said, he has a long way to go.

Based on what I saw at the recent U-17 camp, if he is ever a legitimate top 6 forward in the OHL, I will be mildly surprised.

Incredibly slow feet and hands.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Jared already has a huge frame and good hockey sense.... I agree that his skating ability and hands are no where near his brothers but he has some intangibles to give him hope.

That is interesting. I have never seen him play but I have heard from various scouting sources that his skating stride is good and he is agile for his size.

What i meant by agile is lateral movement.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad