2008 HFNHL Free Agency Announced

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
You have to give at least a couple of days. There are a ton of bids that come in.

..and that's probably just in the FB sweepstakes.

Speaking of which - what is the process for multiple offers at rookie max. Lets say we have 30 offers on a player. How does that get diluted down to a final coin toss between two GM's? Is there a playoff bracket where its two GM's vs each other until we have a winner? In which case can we follow along aka March Madness?

And I'm putting my money on those pesky Canucks who always beat me on a coin toss for a player.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
..and that's probably just in the FB sweepstakes.

Speaking of which - what is the process for multiple offers at rookie max. Lets say we have 30 offers on a player. How does that get diluted down to a final coin toss between two GM's? Is there a playoff bracket where its two GM's vs each other until we have a winner? In which case can we follow along aka March Madness?

And I'm putting my money on those pesky Canucks who always beat me on a coin toss for a player.

Pistols at dawn. Or, better yet, bare knuckles! :fight:

Generally, the intangibles of each offer are evaluated in terms of competitiveness, opportunity for ice time, linemates, etc., and then the best offers are lined up, with each team having an equal chance (probably an excel rnd function, witnessed by a third party) of signing the player. What we don't know is whether winning one player that way disqualifies a team from winning a second. It matters, since I expect this year for there to be more than a couple of highly contested prospects.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hey gents,

Just returned to a full in-box of offers. It will take at least a few days, but I should be able to release some of the results early this week hopefully.

As to the question of how offers are evaluated, for the pure lottery offers under the rookie max deals (Brunstrom et al), it will be a pure lottery, with a lottery win NOT impacting whether you can win another lottery (that would get problematic, as teams would naturally want to prioritize their offers then, which again, would get messy and isn't necessarily realistic, even if it ultimately seems unfair if one teams nabs a few prize signings). The process is outlined previously in the thread, along with some additional comments on the evaluation process.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm going to be out of town from Wed-Tues of next week.....how long will GM's have before the offers are due for round two?

Default101

i sent mine in could i get confirmation that they were recieved?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
When is the deadline? The night between 26-27 or 27-28? I wonder if I must send in my offers within the next few hours or if I can do it tomorrow.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
When is the deadline? The night between 26-27 or 27-28? I wonder if I must send in my offers within the next few hours or if I can do it tomorrow.

I took it to mean the night between the 27 and 28, or in other words the end of the weekend, so you should still have a few hours to submit your bids.

Of course, if you were concerned about timing, you could always have submitted them anytime in the 10 days previous, so I'm not sure you'll garner a lot of sympathy if you miss out.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I did send in the offers late last night. I have been on vacation in China/Thailand for the past 2.5 weeks with limit access to the internet.

Default101

I'd give them some time. It's a lot of work and the deadline has barely passed.

wasn't expecting them up right away just hoping for a good time to check, i would think it would take alittle less than 1st round which was up fast, just curiousity :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00