2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024
How much of a negative influence/impact can a coach have on a players future value? I look at Jacob Xu and the rest of the JRC players as well as Parker Vaughn, maybe Wassilyn too who might have received some very average coaching this year and now their stock in this draft drops because of reasons they cant control.

Last edited:
Reactions: flamebird

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Good size. Rangers need grit and size on the back end. Wonder if he has those attributes?
IMO, he's the essential DMan for the Rangers to take. 2-Way, PHYSICAL, with size. Has some some qualities to his game.
How much of a negative influence/impact can a coach have on a players future value? I look at Jacob Xu and the rest of the JRC players as well as Parker Vaughn, maybe Wassilyn too who might have received some very average coaching this year and now their stock in this draft drops because of reasons they cant control.
Not much on 'future value', definitely with current perception of the player. A coach has the power to squeeze every ounce of talent and effort out of a player. Some coaches only care about 2-3 guys. Some coaches don't have a even have a system.

Mirror the programs of JRC & Oshawa Generals U16AAA programs this year. Oshawa's coach was able to squeeze every ounce of talent out of the group. JRC on the other hand, while haven't more talent on the team, didn't come close to having the same team success.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
IMO, he's the essential DMan for the Rangers to take. 2-Way, PHYSICAL, with size. Has some some qualities to his game.

Not much on 'future value', definitely with current perception of the player. A coach has the power to squeeze every ounce of talent and effort out of a player. Some coaches only care about 2-3 guys. Some coaches don't have a even have a system.

Mirror the programs of JRC & Oshawa Generals U16AAA programs this year. Oshawa's coach was able to squeeze every ounce of talent out of the group. JRC on the other hand, while haven't more talent on the team, didn't come close to having the same team success.
Thanks flamebird

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
The type I would like to see in a Ranger uni.
you're in luck!

1711999346607.png

Reactions: bobber

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I cant see Jet Kawajah going that High when he just committed to USHL Team 2 weeks ago

Xu is good; lays out some nasty hits each game. Fantastic skater and a laser of a shot
when making the list, I didn’t take into account at all which kids have commitments elsewhere.

The ranking is who I would want on my team first.

I know that Nyman, Hawery, Edwards, Malhotra, Garden, Hage, Croskery and Kwajah could/do have commitments elsewhere but I didn’t take that into account.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
when making the list, I didn’t take into account at all which kids have commitments elsewhere.

I know that Nyman, Hawery, Edwards, Malhotra, Garden, Hage, Croskery and Kwajah could/do have commitments elsewhere but I didn’t take that into account.
Where are Malhotra and Hawery committed to?

Reactions: frontsfan67

oldtimehockieguy

Mar 6, 2024
There will be more than 2 goalies chosen in the first 3 rounds of the OHL draft, calling it now. Other then 2007 Jack Ivan, there isnt a single 2007 goalie from the 2023 OHLCup that is making a splash in their respective league in the 2023/24 season. We will see a higher priority to secure a future golie stud in net this year based on the thinner then usual 2007 goalie pool drafted last year. And MOST scouts are not going to risk taking a goalie that only see's 15-18 shots a game all year. So stellar defences like VK, Barrie, YSE and JRC should be a warning for those goalies that its not ideal they ALWAYS see less then 20 shots every single game.
So Jaeden Nelson winning almost every award as a 16 year old starting goalie in the CCHL means nothing? I guess his season was not a splash then?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Hage is 5-7, isnt noticeable most nights. Im not sure how he is 1st round to u. Challenger isnt first round to u ?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Interesting thing to me is both Windsor and Sarnia need a C. Do one or both need it enough to bypass Belchetz?

Personally hoping for Valentini as of now for Sarnia at 2. But if WSR takes him be an awfully tough decision between Belchetz and Wassilyn

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hage is 5-7, isnt noticeable most nights. Im not sure how he is 1st round to u. Challenger isnt first round to u ?
I agree, if he does go Chicago which some think, he could go rounds 5-7 - as for it as a blanket statement on his skill, I disagree completely. He’s quietly one of the most effective players with the puck on his stick in the class, and he’s one of the highest scoring players for Vaughan as a result. He is great at creating time and space for himself and his teammates, drawing defenders in to open up ice in the offensive zone. He makes subtle plays in the offensive zone that make things easier for his teammates. He isn’t as good as his brother, but I see no reason why he can’t be a good top-6 option as a 17 year old.

As for Challenger, I have him at 29, there’s a decent group of guys from I’d say 20-33 on my list that i could have as “first round picks” from day, to day. The difference between my 20th ranked player (which is a first round pick) and my 33rd ranked player (which is a mid-second rounder) isn’t a lot.

Interesting thing to me is both Windsor and Sarnia need a C. Do one or both need it enough to bypass Belchetz?

Personally hoping for Valentini as of now for Sarnia at 2. But if WSR takes him be an awfully tough decision between Belchetz and Wassilyn
Personally, as a Spitfires fan - I think Valentini is the best pick for Windsor.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
I agree, if he does go Chicago which some think, he could go rounds 5-7 - as for it as a blanket statement on his skill, I disagree completely. He’s quietly one of the most effective players with the puck on his stick in the class, and he’s one of the highest scoring players for Vaughan as a result. He is great at creating time and space for himself and his teammates, drawing defenders in to open up ice in the offensive zone. He makes subtle plays in the offensive zone that make things easier for his teammates. He isn’t as good as his brother, but I see no reason why he can’t be a good top-6 option as a 17 year old.

As for Challenger, I have him at 29, there’s a decent group of guys from I’d say 20-33 on my list that i could have as “first round picks” from day, to day. The difference between my 20th ranked player (which is a first round pick) and my 33rd ranked player (which is a mid-second rounder) isn’t a lot.

Personally, as a Spitfires fan - I think Valentini is the best pick for Windsor.
Me too. While the unicorn is hard to pass on, that size comes with risk. And need a C more.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022

You mention pick 33, that is the range of, if not the exact pick location for the Petes 2nd (OTT’s pick), what options could be available for the Petes there?

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I'll go for it

1. WSR -- Belchetz
2. SAR -- Di Iorio
3. PBO - Valentini
4. NIA - Wassilyn
5. BAR - Amidovski
6. FLT - Brady Smith (NYR)
7. OS - Fitzgerald
8. KGN - McLean
9. GUE - Vaughan
10. ER - Mbuyi
It is my expectation that Sarnia will be take either Valentini or Wassilyn. Peterborough will take the one that Sarnia doesn’t take. I don’t think Niagara will get a chance to draft Wassilyn with the 4th pick.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad