2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Are they really that close? Roobroeck was almost 200 lbs this time last year. I haven't seen the kind of game that Di Iorio plays, but I don't imagine they play the same kind of game.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Are they really that close? Roobroeck was almost 200 lbs this time last year. I haven't seen the kind of game that Di Iorio plays, but I don't imagine they play the same kind of game.
And to be fair, he's getting top line minutes on a less skilled team. He should be racking up points.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
And to be fair, he's getting top line minutes on a less skilled team. He should be racking up points.
The Vaughn Kings seem to have a good amount of skilled players, so you must be referring to Roobroek. To be fair, he scored his way up to the top line even if his opportunities were in part due to injuries and trades

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
The Vaughn Kings seem to have a good amount of skilled players, so you must be referring to Roobroek. To be fair, he scored his way up to the top line even if his opportunities were in part due to injuries and trades
True. Not taking anything away from him. Good for him to take advantage of that. I just look at the other side as well. We have Martin, who has a respectable 27 or so points, but is exclusively on the 4th line. But regardless, the kid can score. Has a bright future

Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Are there any "tiers" for the draft this year or is it somewhat of a crapshoot? From what I've read it seems to be that the consensus is there is a top 3 (Valentini/Belchetz/Wassilyn) - is there any gaps after those three? Should anyone else belong with them?
I think you have it right

I would take Di Iorio over those 3. He's the closest clone to Ryan Roobrook imho, and Ryan on a last place team is killing it.

personally I would not and dont See it that close

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
What’s everyone’s predictions for OHL Cup as to who takes the crown?

It’s the obvious choice but would love to see a Barrie vs. Vaughan final with Barrie taking it!

Reactions: arhockey

the dog

May 16, 2014
So icedogs have 40% chance of 1st overall pick .scored well last year on getting 2nd pick.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Perhaps someone in the know can answer if all the players at the top of the draft would be willing to report to Niagara?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
have not and hope he didn’t, he’s not at that level
Agreed 100%

Stats don't tell the whole story, but he's 7th in scoring on his own team alone. That's not an exceptional status player.

Wonder where he ends up next year? The 09' Barrie squad is a talented group as well. Maybe he heads across the border like fellow Soo players Blonda/Rossetto and joins the Pens Elite?

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Sounds like only Wassilyn is open to Niagara.
This is very misleading. There's been no report of any of the high end players not wanting to come to Niagara at this point. It's just speculated that Wassilyn is a likely yes because of his agent.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Where is Noah Barton projected to go? On the ohl website it says his projection is Matthew andonovski and every team in the league would want him.

Also anyone have an updated mock top 10 they can send me? We know all about the top 4 or even 5 but still trying to figure out who may be available at 7.

Also any indication on Alex Hage going to the ushl like his brother?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Also while we’re at it^ from stuff I’ve been reading, Alex McLean and Nathan Amidovski are always around the same draft position.

Who is better and why?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Where is Noah Barton projected to go? On the ohl website it says his projection is Matthew andonovski and every team in the league would want him.

Also anyone have an updated mock top 10 they can send me? We know all about the top 4 or even 5 but still trying to figure out who may be available at 7.

Also any indication on Alex Hage going to the ushl like his brother?
Who are the top 4/5? I thought it was a top 3 kind of situation

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Probably a 2nd/3rd rounder.
Also while we’re at it^ from stuff I’ve been reading, Alex McLean and Nathan Amidovski are always around the same draft position.

Who is better and why?
McLean.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad