2006/2007 Endorsements

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus Endorsements

The Blue Jackets will ride Mr. Brodeur's back for one more season...

ABC Sports Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 80% capacity.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,500,000

The Home Depot
Criteria: Team must have a GOALIE who has a goals against average of 2.20 or lower minimum 40 games played
Revenue: $3,000,000

Tim Horton’s
Criteria: Team must have a GOALIE who has a save percentage of 91% or higher minimum 40 games played.
Revenue: $3,000,000

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Okay guys, today's the last day of endorsement signings. I've updated the list to reflect everyone's posts but I'd appreciate it if everyone could check the list for their team to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

Also, I'm still waiting on the Wild to update their list to limit their team/individual endorsements to two. Thanks again Ville for pointing that out...

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Endorsements - Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

Mighty Ducks Endorsements

Pepsi Cola
Revenue: $2,000,000

Mountain Dew
Revenue: $1,000,000 per player qualified (up to $4,000,000)

Total Fee: $2,000,000
Potential Revenue Payout: $6,000,000

I very well could find myself backing out of both endorsements by midseason.;)

HFNHL Red Wings

Detroit would like to sign up for the following ...

TSN
Bauer
GM Motor Company
Verizon

Total Fee = $4.5M
Possible Revenue = $11.5M

QUESTION: Why do the endorsements for defenceman scoring payout less than for forwards. SInce these awards have been around there are is only 1 or 2 dmen each season that reach these targets yet there are nearly 10 forwards that hit 40+ goals (last year was lower than usual with 6) and yet the payout is higher for the forwards.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
QUESTION: Why do the endorsements for defenceman scoring payout less than for forwards. SInce these awards have been around there are is only 1 or 2 dmen each season that reach these targets yet there are nearly 10 forwards that hit 40+ goals (last year was lower than usual with 6) and yet the payout is higher for the forwards.

It's because you have Lidstrom, and you already have enough money. :p:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
So, the 42 game mark is fast approaching, and for those of us who would like to pull out of our deals to get the 50% cost back, should we post that here or somewhere else?

Fair enough call matt....and just for the record, with all the crappy goaltending numbers that have come up this year, Even though I have no goalie endorsements, might I suuggest we set the bar at top 5 as well as the 91% clause etc. Like we do with the PP etc. I don't think anybody expected a league avg. save % of about .895. Makes .910 look almost unattainable atm. if anyone wants to argue with me that's fine, but if more than 5 guys make .910 then it doesn't matter having the extra clause in there anyway does it?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Fair enough call matt....and just for the record, with all the crappy goaltending numbers that have come up this year, Even though I have no goalie endorsements, might I suuggest we set the bar at top 5 as well as the 91% clause etc. Like we do with the PP etc. I don't think anybody expected a league avg. save % of about .895. Makes .910 look almost unattainable atm. if anyone wants to argue with me that's fine, but if more than 5 guys make .910 then it doesn't matter having the extra clause in there anyway does it?

If you mean "instead of" the 91% business, then I think its not a bad idea. It was going to be touch and go for me with Brodeur (before the trade), and that's with the league's second-lowest gaa.

Which reminds me: with all due respect to Ed Belfour, the Jackets hereby withdraw from the Home Depot and Tim Hortons endorsements.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Urgent question that I need answered regarding the Mountain Dew endorsement...what qualifies as a player being nominated for the Hobey Baker Award?

Does the player need to be on the short list of 10? Or does he need to be on the final list of 3?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Endorsement question - Hopefully someone can clarify...

I assume that WHL Playoff MVP falls under the category I have bolded below for the Mountain Dew endorsement. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=6997

Mountain Due
Eligibility:
1/ the player must be 21 years or younger as of Sept 30th, 2006.
2/ the player must have played in less than 40 NHL games during their career
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list
Criteria: Must have a prospect who accomplishes one of the following:
- Forward with more than 100 points in the CHL
- Forward with more than 60 points in the NCAA
- Forward with more than 40 points in the AHL
- Forward with more than 30 points in a top European league
- Defenceman with more than 65 points in the CHL
- Defenceman with more than 40 points in the NCAA
- Defenceman with more than 30 points in the AHL
- Defenceman with more than 20 points in a top EL
- Goalie who finishes in the top 3 in either GAA or SVG in a CHL league
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in the NCAA
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in the AHL
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in a Top EL.
- Any player who wins an MVP or Major Award in a CHL league
- Any player nominated for the Hobey Baker Award in the NCAA
- Any player winning rookie of the year or named to the all-star team in the AHL or a top EL
- Any player being named to the all-tournament team at the WJC
Fee: $1 million
Revenue: $1 million per player qualified (limit of one award per individual player and to a maximum of $4 million)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Umm shouldn't we submit 2007-08 endorsements in soon? Or at least the Mountain Dew endorsement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad