2006-07 HFNHL Playoff Preview

HFNHL Red Wings

I believe so - wherever possible, we mirror the NHL's rules and format (especially when it's easy, like this).

Actually it turned out there wasn't a change, at least anything significant. MacKenzie had misunderstood how it worked and a correction was posted the next day on TSN that I had included the link for. There was some really minor change that I'm blanking on atm but essentially the process we adopted last year is still the same for the NHL.

30th - Stanley cup winner
29th - Stanley cup finalist
##th-28th - Other regular season division winners sorted by regular season points
15th-##th - Other playoff teams sorted by regular season points
1st-14th - Lottery teams

At least that's how I recall it but someone else can confirm.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Actually it turned out there wasn't a change, at least anything significant. MacKenzie had misunderstood how it worked and a correction was posted the next day on TSN that I had included the link for. There was some really minor change that I'm blanking on atm but essentially the process we adopted last year is still the same for the NHL.

30th - Stanley cup winner
29th - Stanley cup finalist
##th-28th - Other regular season division winners sorted by regular season points
15th-##th - Other playoff teams sorted by regular season points
1st-14th - Lottery teams

At least that's how I recall it but someone else can confirm.

That's correct, although I think your suggestion that it's not a significant change is not.

In previous years (including last year) the Stanley Cup winner would pick 30th, but everyone else picked in points order. So if Buffalo had lost the Cup final last year (if only!), they would have drafted 16th, behind only Tampa among playoff teams. This year (if they'd made it to the final and lost) they would draft 29th.

HFNHL Red Wings

We did use the division winners last year as well. I actually got to draft earlier last season (and will again this year :D) b/c I was not a division winner than teams that won their divison with less points.

HFNHL Red Wings

So... does this mean you don't think you'll be drafting 29th or 30th? ;)

I can hope but it's waaayyyy too early to be thinking that. The Western Conference is too talented to make such assumptions ... just ask the Blues.

I did temporarily forget I don't have my first rounder this year though so I don't care if my pick is 23rd or 30th. Douglas might though ;)

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
That's correct, although I think your suggestion that it's not a significant change is not.

In previous years (including last year) the Stanley Cup winner would pick 30th, but everyone else picked in points order. So if Buffalo had lost the Cup final last year (if only!), they would have drafted 16th, behind only Tampa among playoff teams. This year (if they'd made it to the final and lost) they would draft 29th.

Since I have an option on Blues/Devils 1st rd pick, does this mean that I won't be picking 30th if Blues and Devils are eliminated from the playoffs:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad